2,974 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hugefaith said:

It says it was transferred for faster processing. But that was since march 2022

It’s standard response for speed up,  when they transfer case .  If it says we transferred your case for speed up processing to Chicago service center, check your 360 status , maybe vawa case also transferred for speed up processing. Good luck, I think it’s good sign 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Memo@ said:

It’s standard response for speed up,  when they transfer case .  If it says we transferred your case for speed up processing to Chicago service center, check your 360 status , maybe vawa case also transferred for speed up processing. Good luck, I think it’s good sign 

It says it was transferred for faster processing. It says transferred to nbc. But that was since march 2022. After nbc it was at my field office then it got transferred to Chicago processing center. I only got this notice on I485 

On 1/28/2023 at 7:12 PM, Ozy7 said:

I got him another interview in bahamas and he will say we have cruise tour from Miami w dad and mom.

He should only say this if it is the truth.

18 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hello VJ family. 
i am just desperate now. I received a RFE after my i485 interview and the RFE was to file a waiver I-601 and after receiving the i601 receipt notice , I should mail that receipt to the local office and the IO will take a final decision on my I485. 
             But my lawyer sent my i601 waiver to Vermont. And Vermont returned it saying my i485 case number start with SRC and advised us to send it to TEXAS instead. My lawyer sent it to Texas on the 15 December and till now USCIS hasn’t cashed my check and no receipt notice.

since the RFE Grace period was expiring on January 7, my lawyer sent a copy of I601 and a letter to my local office explaining that we haven’t received the i601 receipt notice yet.

The Texas uscis zip code is 75266 but the i601 was delivered, it went to zip code 75260. After some research it looks like uscis has private zip code 75260. All packages sent to zip code 75266 get transferred to to the actual P.O. Box of uscis having 75260 as zip code.

until now , uscis hasn’t cashed my check for i601 and the IO hasn’t made a decision on my i485 with the copy of I 601 that we sent as RFE. I’m stuck 🙆🏽‍♂️🙆🏽‍♂️🙆🏽‍♂️

They will approve your case soon as long you did your own part don't worry its just a waiting game 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday, time at last for our highly necessary Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=======================================

IT'S GOING TO COST YOU...

One day, while walking through the Garden of Eden, Adam looked up to Heaven and spoke to God.

"Father, this place is great, but there is one thing missing," he said.

"What is that, my son?" God asked.

"Well, it would be nice to have a mate; I'm awfully lonely down here, and all the other animals have mates but me.  All I'm asking for is: a creature more beautiful than the Garden, one who likes making love like I do, never has a headache, and who will cook, clean, and be at my beck and call morning, noon, and night," pleaded Adam.

And God said, "That's a tall order, although perhaps I have just such a creature in mind.  However, it's going to cost you big-time."

"Really?  How much?" asked Adam.

"An arm and a leg," replied God.

Adam thought this over, and then asked, "Well, what can I get for a rib?"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello.

Self-petitioner Jan 2023. Looking ahead here. Starting a job search in anticipation of getting an EAD. Hopefully getting an offer from a local employer to expedite with USCIS and/or my local congressional rep.

I frequently encounter this question..."Are you authorized to work in the US". I am not, but my understanding is that employers are not allowed to ask about immigration status until AFTER a job offer. This seems inconsistent, but I assume legal. Yes, I realize the "authorized" question is not technically asking about immigration status. No need to flame me, or give snark response. Thx.

I think employers ask the "authorized" question to avoid wasting time, but in my case, I'm not wasting their time. Any ideas of how to obtain a job offer and answer the "authorized" question truthfully or should I just look for employers that don't ask this question?

Thx. 

8 hours ago, anonymousVAWApet said:

Hello.

Self-petitioner Jan 2023. Looking ahead here. Starting a job search in anticipation of getting an EAD. Hopefully getting an offer from a local employer to expedite with USCIS and/or my local congressional rep.

I frequently encounter this question..."Are you authorized to work in the US". I am not, but my understanding is that employers are not allowed to ask about immigration status until AFTER a job offer. This seems inconsistent, but I assume legal. Yes, I realize the "authorized" question is not technically asking about immigration status. No need to flame me, or give snark response. Thx.

I think employers ask the "authorized" question to avoid wasting time, but in my case, I'm not wasting their time. Any ideas of how to obtain a job offer and answer the "authorized" question truthfully or should I just look for employers that don't ask this question?

Thx. 

Regardless of your immigration status the employer by the law has to verify the employe immigration status this question goes to both USC and none USC also you need SSN without it you can't work legally in the United States 

5 hours ago, Sasacb said:

Green card in hands.  

Thank you God 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Thank  you to this incredible forum with precious information and for everyone who post here everyday

i hope this year can be fully of good news for everyone.

Time line 

**March 2018 - filed vawa and ask the USCIS to hold the I485.

Since 2018 they never took any action on my case ‘always renewing prima facie and work permit’. I sent a lot inquires from congressman to USCIS and they always saying ‘background check’.

**July2022- I fired the lawyer who filed my case and hired a new one. The new lawyer was doing everything to make uscis take action on my case and that didn’t make any difference to USCIS …always saying background check.

My new lawyer recommended that I hire another lawyer to sue USCIS ‘MANDAMUS’.

**September19/2022 - I hire a lawyer to sue the USCIS and that cost me $5k and the amazing and competent lawyer assured me that my case would be approved based on my evidences against my abuser.

**November01/2022  - vawa approved.

**December14/2022 - RFE i693 

**January17/2023 - I sent the I693

**January26/2023 - i485 we ordered your new card

**January27/2023 - I485 APPROVED

**February01/2023 - they mailed the green card and USPS pick up the mail containing my new card

**February04/2023 - the USPS delivered MY GREEN CARD 😭🙏🙏🙏

THANK YOU THANK YOU everyone finally my journey is completed so far 🙏🙏🙏🙏

DONT GIVE UP, I hope everyone who is passing thru this long and stressful process can enjoy from this glory 🙏🙏🙏

Wow what a inspirational congrats 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
7 hours ago, Sasacb said:

i hope this year can be fully of good news for everyone.

I shall redouble my efforts to post the most effective jokes. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, Apple90 said:

Regardless of your immigration status the employer by the law has to verify the employe immigration status this question goes to both USC and none USC also you need SSN without it you can't work legally in the United States 

Yes. My question is how to obtain an offer letter prior to getting an EAD. But, regardless, thank you.

Process would be...find job...interview...get offer...apply for EAD expedite (w/offer)...receive EAD...pass e-Verify...start work.

46 minutes ago, anonymousVAWApet said:

Yes. My question is how to obtain an offer letter prior to getting an EAD. But, regardless, thank you.

Process would be...find job...interview...get offer...apply for EAD expedite (w/offer)...receive EAD...pass e-Verify...start work.

That's on you you will have to go out and find employer who are hiring and able to offer you immediate position

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/30/2023 at 4:54 PM, Ozy7 said:

I really appreciate w all responds!! I wish I could be that brave..

My VAWA has been pending since January 2020. I responded to an RFE in July 2022. I travelled on AP Dec 21, 2022 and returned January 9, 2023. I was sent to secondary inspection and came out in less than 30 minutes. No problems. My buddy also travelled same day and he just returned last week, no problem. Why will you be different? Ease your mind, take your trip. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.