2,974 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Hugefaith said:

Thank you for the response but is it common to have I485 transferred to NBC before VAWA approval? 

When my I-360 was pending, my I-485 was transferred from local office to Vermont. Upon approval, it was transferred again to local office.  Of course it makes the stop at NBC during transit to go through the completeness and integrity checks.👍

On 10/8/2022 at 8:13 PM, Hope21 said:

Even I can’t believe that , I was laying down on the couch, surfing on the phone then suddenly  I clicked case app. It was saying “new card being produced “ then i bounce high from my couch then cried  prayed , thanked to god ..!  🙏🙏🙏🙏now time for  I-485

Wow just how much have I missed here? Congratulations 🎈🍾🎊🎉 so happy for you! God is always working wonders! All praise and thanks to the most HIGH! 🙏🙏🙏🤩

Also for the ones I’ve missed..Congratulations to you! I also congratulate those waiting in advance because that day will surely come! 🎊🎉🎈🍾🌼🌸🌺🌻🪷🌹💐

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

the ones I’ve missed

You've also missed (upvoting) some great jokes, too, ma'am!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
4 hours ago, balo101 said:

Hi family!!

Has anyone from NYC received his/her GC recently? How long did it take you to get the update after VAWA approval?

Anyone else from NYC is waiting for GC after VAWA approval? How long have you been waiting for?

Please share your experience. 

Hi @balo101

NYC filier here. I filed I-360 in April 2019 approved on April 2021. I485 transferred to Queens filed office in August 2021 according to lawyer. Fingerprints in October 2021. Since then radio silence no rfe for medicals or interview notice. Still waiting, my lawyer said. my case is still within normal processing times. Starting to worry to be honest the wait is nerve wracking

Edited by Maridade

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

When my I-360 was pending, my I-485 was transferred from local office to Vermont. Upon approval, it was transferred again to local office.  Of course it makes the stop at NBC during transit to go through the completeness and integrity checks.👍

Thanks for your response. I will keep waiting and hoping for a good outcome soon. I’m just confused if my applications could leave Vermont before getting I360 approval. I didn’t send medical with my application but never got a deficiency notice when the I485 was transferred to nbc from Vermont. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Vawa file is always shipped from Vermont to NBC and then local office .

Thank you for your response. Will the files be sent before approval? My case is still pending but my i485 was already transferred from Vermont to nbc in March. Also I got response from my city’s center on the case enquiry I did on both i360 and I485. My I360 and I485 were file in Nov 2019 to Vermont. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, balo101 said:

what does your online status say for i-360?

Try to reach out to your congress person or senator. 

It shows case was received and receipt issued. No rfe. But I485 was transferred to nbc in March. I reached out to congressman’s office but was told it’s processing normally. Receipt dates are Nov 2019. I did enquire online but got response from my field office 

7 minutes ago, Hugefaith said:

Thanks for your response. I will keep waiting and hoping for a good outcome soon. I’m just confused if my applications could leave Vermont before getting I360 approval. I didn’t send medical with my application but never got a deficiency notice when the I485 was transferred to nbc from Vermont. 

My understanding of the process is that as long as your i360 is pending, your i485 will be moved from your local office to NBC then Vermont. Shortly after approval, it makes the journey back to your local office, after the brief stop at NBC for processing. I’ve read of few anomalies, and exceptions but it mostly goes as stated above. Considering when you filed, the end is definitely in view. Keep praying 🤲 everything is possible.😊👍

1 hour ago, Maridade said:

Hi @balo101

NYC filier here. I filed I-360 in April 2019 approved on April 2021. I485 transferred to Queens filed office in August 2021 according to lawyer. Fingerprints in October 2021. Since then radio silence no rfe for medicals or interview notice. Still waiting, my lawyer said. my case is still within normal processing times. Starting to worry to be honest the wait is nerve wracking

Thank you for the information. I would say reach out to your congress person. 

On 10/10/2022 at 12:14 PM, WinnersNeverQuit said:

Dear Sirs/Mas,please can anyone explain this to me,I tracked my Vawa Case i-360 on lawfully tracker,it was saying Category 4

IMG-20221010-WA0000.jpg

it means its vawa under parent of abusive child

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Wednesday means that it's time for our lucky, funny, upvote-worthy Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==============================================

WHICH TYPE OF BRA?

Entering a department store, a man walked into the ladies' department.  He hesitantly walked up to the woman behind the counter and softly said, "I'd like to buy a bra for my wife."

"What type of bra?" asked the clerk.

"Type?" said the confused man. "There's more than one type?"

"Look around," said the saleslady, as she showed him a sea of bras in every possible shape, size, color, and material.

"Actually, even with all of this variety, there are really only 3 main styles of bras to choose from," she said.  "The Soldier, the Judge, or the Politician.  Which would you prefer?"

Now befuddled, the man asked about the differences between them.

The saleslady responded, "Well, it's quite simple.  The Soldier defends strategic locations from foreign hands; the Judge makes sure everything is equal and balanced; and the Politician blows everything out of proportion."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Wednesday means that it's time for our lucky, funny, upvote-worthy Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==============================================

WHICH TYPE OF BRA?

Entering a department store, a man walked into the ladies' department.  He hesitantly walked up to the woman behind the counter and softly said, "I'd like to buy a bra for my wife."

"What type of bra?" asked the clerk.

"Type?" said the confused man. "There's more than one type?"

"Look around," said the saleslady, as she showed him a sea of bras in every possible shape, size, color, and material.

"Actually, even with all of this variety, there are really only 3 main styles of bras to choose from," she said.  "The Soldier, the Judge, or the Politician.  Which would you prefer?"

Now befuddled, the man asked about the differences between them.

The saleslady responded, "Well, it's quite simple.  The Soldier defends strategic locations from foreign hands; the Judge makes sure everything is equal and balanced; and the Politician blows everything out of proportion."

:P 

I want the politician!🤦🏽‍♀️😆

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.