2,974 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, balo101 said:

Have you received Prima Facia? It could be your Prima Facia.

Have you opened up a service request? if yes then it could be reply to that service request. 

Thank you for your reply.

I think am due for prima facia since March and I didnt request for it because i dont need it. 

I contacted Congress person but i got bo reply from them. As you said it might be a Prima Facia I already had 2 in the past.

1 minute ago, Risen said:

Thank you for your reply.

I think am due for prima facia since March and I didnt request for it because i dont need it. 

I contacted Congress person but i got bo reply from them. As you said it might be a Prima Facia I already had 2 in the past.

yes most likely it could PF. Keep us posted. 

20 hours ago, balo101 said:

yes most likely it could PF. Keep us posted. 

The mail is  prima facia. I suppose to get the third one in March,  I didnt get it so I thought, maybe I will be approved soon that surprise me getting another one again.  the waiting is overwhelming, still I  honour God for the journey so far....  it will surely end in Praises.

1 minute ago, Risen said:

The mail is  prima facia. I suppose to get the third one in March,  I didnt get it so I thought, maybe I will be approved soon that surprise me getting another one again.  the waiting is overwhelming, still I  honour God for the journey so far....  it will surely end in Praises.

Great. Good to know. Just look at the positive side that they at least looking at your file. Most likely you will approve soon. 

Hello , 

Congrats to all the approvals. 
So I got my greencard Yay!! It’s been 3 weeks. 
I thought after getting your green card you get a new social security Card, without the DHS thing on it. My lawyer has been the 1 receiving all my mails, he says for the SS card they will send it directly to me but I haven’t received anything. 

i called the social security office and they told me I have to be a US citizen before that DHS authorization is taken off my card which isn’t true. I called my lawyer he is not saying anything. 
Any thoughts on what I should do. Am almost done with school and need to apply for jobs which I should be ok with a GC but I need the SS card too. Do I wait or just go to the social security office. 

56 minutes ago, JuliaNE said:

Hello , 

Congrats to all the approvals. 
So I got my greencard Yay!! It’s been 3 weeks. 
I thought after getting your green card you get a new social security Card, without the DHS thing on it. My lawyer has been the 1 receiving all my mails, he says for the SS card they will send it directly to me but I haven’t received anything. 

i called the social security office and they told me I have to be a US citizen before that DHS authorization is taken off my card which isn’t true. I called my lawyer he is not saying anything. 
Any thoughts on what I should do. Am almost done with school and need to apply for jobs which I should be ok with a GC but I need the SS card too. Do I wait or just go to the social security office. 

Congratulations.

Just go to SS office.  you should be able to change it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, HustlingStill said:

Today i just became permanent resident

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance:

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Joke worked again... joke worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 hours ago, HustlingStill said:

Today i just became permanent resident thank you family for all you have done !!! if your in nyc my suggestion is going to infopass and inquire about your i485. I went there yesterday my officer was kind enough to take my medical and she told me she was gonna approve me if i am not missing anything. I have been crying since i did not hear any update. My head was being so heavy ALLHAMDULILAH IN GODS NAME i just got approved. I wish succcess for all of you 

Congratulations 🍾🎈🎉🎊 Awesome God never fails!😊

8 hours ago, HustlingStill said:

Today i just became permanent resident thank you family for all you have done !!! if your in nyc my suggestion is going to infopass and inquire about your i485. I went there yesterday my officer was kind enough to take my medical and she told me she was gonna approve me if i am not missing anything. I have been crying since i did not hear any update. My head was being so heavy ALLHAMDULILAH IN GODS NAME i just got approved. I wish succcess for all of you 

Have you provided medical even before they send you rfe

11 hours ago, HustlingStill said:

no i got lucky

I’m not clear. 
have you got rfe
or your proactive and submitted medical even before they ask?

also how to do you know ur file is in field office?

my vawa was approved on July 2022 then couple days ago I got update saying finger prints are taken. I did lot of inquiries but no reply from uscis. 
my field office is Jacksonville Florida. Do you think my case is already in field office? 

Edited by kodicsv

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.