Canadian87

N-400 September 2022 Filers

412 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

We're home, after a long day. A nice thing happened that I want to share. The IO wanted to see a bank statement from my personal account. We had only sent joint account statements, because my personal account has nothing to do with it, and I was confused. Then, I realized that she must have noticed transfers of money from my account into our joint account and wanted to see the reason for that. She said that normally we would have to go home and email the statement to her, and the oath would have to be scheduled for another day.

Instead, she said that if we could get it to her within 15 minutesl, Neil could take the oath today. We got it to her and Neil is now a citizen!

Congratulations.  I am so happy for you two.  All the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, KaelRos said:

Thank you so much! Now I’m relieved to hear that. It was a little confusing between the people who still have I-751 pending and bring a lot of stuff and those who don’t. 

I need to amend my comment because it isn't quite accurate. I think that if we were only concerned with the N-400, we would have taken along  some evidence of us living as a married couple, since the three year rule is based on marriage. 

43 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

Congratulations.  I am so happy for you two.  All the best.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

We're home, after a long day. A nice thing happened that I want to share. The IO wanted to see a bank statement from my personal account. We had only sent joint account statements, because my personal account has nothing to do with it, and I was confused. Then, I realized that she must have noticed transfers of money from my account into our joint account and wanted to see the reason for that. She said that normally we would have to go home and email the statement to her, and the oath would have to be scheduled for another day.

Instead, she said that if we could get it to her within 15 minutesl, Neil could take the oath today. We got it to her and Neil is now a citizen!

We do this a lot of the times. We use our joint account to pay household bills, credit cards, etc. We hardly deposit our checks/cash and usually just transfer from personal accounts. Did she make a big deal about it? Do you think we should take a personal bank statement with us? 

Also, congrats on being finished. We filed I-751 a month apart and I’m so happy it’s over for you guys! We filed our N-400 in Jan 2023 instead of in September 2022, which was our 90 days period. Hoping to see progress soon. 

Congrats again 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, phillyfiler13 said:

Finally, my oath ceremony will take place on April 7th. 

Yay!!! Congrats 🎉 

17 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

I need to amend my comment because it isn't quite accurate. I think that if we were only concerned with the N-400, we would have taken along  some evidence of us living as a married couple, since the three year rule is based on marriage. 

Yes, we’ve decided to bring in addition to what they asked in the interview letter: tax returns, spouse’s birth certificate and US passport, bank statements, health and car insurances, marriage certificate and a copy of my N-400 application. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, KaelRos said:

Yes, we’ve decided to bring in addition to what they asked in the interview letter: tax returns, spouse’s birth certificate and US passport, bank statements, health and car insurances, marriage certificate and a copy of my N-400 application. 

Some of those are mentioned in the interview letter. Best of luck to you!

Timeline

Hi all, today my case updated to the following

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled 

Just out of curiosity, how long it took for your ceremony to be scheduled?

I know this is very specific but I can’t stop myself from being curious lol 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Hi all, today my case updated to the following

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled 

Just out of curiosity, how long it took for your ceremony to be scheduled?

I know this is very specific but I can’t stop myself from being curious lol 

My husband's oath ceremony was scheduled on the day of his N-400/I-751 interview, for later that same day. We got update after update that day. It was funny.  After the interview, while we were waiting for the ceremony, we got an update that he was placed in line for an oath ceremony. A little while later, an update told us that the oath ceremony was scheduled.  Then we got an update that the I-751 was approved. Then, after the ceremony, we got an update that his Naturalization Certificate had been issued. LOL! I don't think there is a typical timeline for this. I hope to hear that yours is very soon!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

My husband's oath ceremony was scheduled on the day of his N-400/I-751 interview, for later that same day. We got update after update that day. It was funny.  After the interview, while we were waiting for the ceremony, we got an update that he was placed in line for an oath ceremony. A little while later, an update told us that the oath ceremony was scheduled.  Then we got an update that the I-751 was approved. Then, after the ceremony, we got an update that his Naturalization Certificate had been issued. LOL! I don't think there is a typical timeline for this. I hope to hear that yours is very soon!

Honestly, what actually has entirely made sense in this journey? 🤣

I guess I’m just anxious at this point. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Honestly, what actually has entirely made sense in this journey? 🤣

I guess I’m just anxious at this point. 

Nothing has made sense! I was anxious, too, and then it all happened so suddenly.  

On 3/24/2023 at 4:10 PM, Joyoussinger said:

Some of those are mentioned in the interview letter. Best of luck to you!

Thank you! It went well and it was a video interview. Now the case is on « Oath Ceremony will be scheduled ». The IO didn’t ask anything about all the documents I had with me, only to show her my Green Card. She was really nice. It was almost like having a good conversation with somebody you just met. We talked about the weather, countries, vacation…all while I’m answering all her questions. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, KaelRos said:

Thank you! It went well and it was a video interview. Now the case is on « Oath Ceremony will be scheduled ». The IO didn’t ask anything about all the documents I had with me, only to show her my Green Card. She was really nice. It was almost like having a good conversation with somebody you just met. We talked about the weather, countries, vacation…all while I’m answering all her questions. 

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.