abum

FBI seized top secret documents at Trump's home; Espionage Act cited

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-says-nuclear-weapons-issue-is-hoax-after-washington-post-report-2022-08-12/

Aug 12 (Reuters) - FBI agents in this week's search of former U.S. President Donald Trump's Florida home removed 11 sets of classified documents including some marked as top secret, the Justice Department said on Friday, while also disclosing it had probable cause to conduct the search based on possible Espionage Act violations.

The bombshell disclosures were made in a search warrant approved by a U.S. magistrate judge and accompanying documents released four days after agents searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence in Palm Beach. The Espionage Act, one of three laws cited in the warrant application, dates to 1917 and makes it a crime to release information that could harm national security.

Trump, in a statement on his social media platform, said the records were "all declassified" and placed in "secure storage."

"They didn't need to 'seize' anything. They could have had it anytime they wanted without playing politics and breaking into Mar-a-Lago," the Republican businessman-turned-politician said.

The search was carried out as part of a federal investigation into whether Trump illegally removed documents when he left office in January 2021 after losing the presidential election two months earlier to Democrat Joe Biden.

Timeline
10 hours ago, abum said:

Again, your computer seems to have a mind of its own, and misses some things.  Since I have a more modern device, allow me to assist you in spreading the word:

Aug 12 (Reuters) - FBI agents in this week's search of former U.S. President Donald Trump's Florida home removed 11 sets of classified documents including some marked as top secret, the Justice Department said on Friday, while also disclosing it had probable cause to conduct the search based on possible Espionage Act violations.

The bombshell disclosures were made in a search warrant approved by a U.S. magistrate judge and accompanying documents released four days after agents searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence in Palm Beach. The Espionage Act, one of three laws cited in the warrant application, dates to 1917 and makes it a crime to release information that could harm national security.

Trump, in a statement on his social media platform, said the records were "all declassified" and placed in "secure storage."

"They didn't need to 'seize' anything. They could have had it anytime they wanted without playing politics and breaking into Mar-a-Lago," the Republican businessman-turned-politician said.

The search was carried out as part of a federal investigation into whether Trump illegally removed documents when he left office in January 2021 after losing the presidential election two months earlier to Democrat Joe Biden.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

Again, your computer seems to have a mind of its own, and misses some things.  Since I have a more modern device, allow me to assist you in spreading the word:

I keep hearing differing stories coming out of our trustworthy DoJ.  I believe they told us this was all about the Presidential Records Act which I believe is a civil infraction, but they say they cannot release the warrant affidavit since it could corrupt a criminal investigation.  So which is it, a civil infraction investigation, a criminal investigation, or just another fishing expedition most likely directed by the entire Jan. 6th congressional farce. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

OMG, of course they are "all declassified" as Trump, who repeatedly claimed he had had won 2020 election, had said!!

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Wow politicians sometimes say things that aren’t consistent with what they said before.  Who knew? 

/s

Holy Mackerel batman. We have a liberal. 

Over under on days until they are banned. Lol

Welcome it's nice to have a dissenting opinion 

Btw I am the middle of the road guy here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

OMG, yep, Trump was right more than he was wrong.  Now the story comes out that Garland sat on this warrant affidavit for weeks which kind of blows up the whole narrative that this needed to be conducted immediately because Trump had the secret plans of some new nuclear weapon.  What is interesting is the DoJ opposing the release of the affidavit for the warrant.  What is the DoJ hiding?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
18 hours ago, Dashinka said:

What is the DoJ hiding?

Their blatant partisanship, and hiding it not very well.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On 8/16/2022 at 7:19 PM, abum said:

OMG, of course they are "all declassified" as Trump, who repeatedly claimed he had had won 2020 election, had said!!

Well, technically he did.  But it was stolen from him, as everyone with a modicum of intelligence knows.

1 minute ago, LIBrty4all said:

Well, technically he did.  But it was stolen from him, as everyone with a modicum of intelligence knows.

should have a chat with this guy, apparently he knows about politicians say thing that are not consistent with what they said before. 

On 8/16/2022 at 10:49 PM, Mike E said:

Wow politicians sometimes say things that aren’t consistent with what they said before.  Who knew? 

/s

need to update this image.

rYXJ8u0.jpeg

7 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

https://apnews.com/article/barr-no-widespread-election-fraud-b1f1488796c9a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d

OMG, Bill Barr didn't believe the lie? 

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/09/1104081027/ivanka-trump-said-she-accepted-barrs-conclusion-that-the-2020-election-wasnt-sto

OMG Ivanka doesn't have a modicum of intelligence? 

Trump cultist can believe all the lies they want, it wont make it true.

But from what I understand it doesn't matter if the records were classified or unclassified. The statutes (2 out of 3? I think) don't have to do with whether the documents were classified. And whether Trump actually declassified them is an open question, but not really relevant.

Why did he have these documents anyway, why did he store them in a location that was near the pool with just a padlock on them, and why did his lawyer swear under oath that all the documents had been returned when they hadn't? I really don't understand why a former president would need to hold on to things after leaving office. This isn't like a paperweight he liked, or a bust of (for a random example) Thatcher. What purpose does he have for them now?

I work around lawyers, and they are all of the same opinion that Trump needs better lawyers.

1 minute ago, laylalex said:

But from what I understand it doesn't matter if the records were classified or unclassified. The statutes (2 out of 3? I think) don't have to do with whether the documents were classified. And whether Trump actually declassified them is an open question, but not really relevant.

Why did he have these documents anyway, why did he store them in a location that was near the pool with just a padlock on them, and why did his lawyer swear under oath that all the documents had been returned when they hadn't? I really don't understand why a former president would need to hold on to things after leaving office. This isn't like a paperweight he liked, or a bust of (for a random example) Thatcher. What purpose does he have for them now?

I work around lawyers, and they are all of the same opinion that Trump needs better lawyers.

are you expecting a rational answer? heh...