2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, PZibran325 said:

Sigh sigh sigh sigh * infinity I don’t even know what to say about this insanity anymore 

I donno. I am mad. I think people find it off-putting and I understand. "Negative", they will say. Well, yes. I am angry. I have waited 3.5 years. I have been in AP for over 1 year. I have spent a lot of money. Yes I am negative right now. The contempt I have for this bureaucracy forcing me to live in this way, in eternal limbo, is fairly sizeable. And really, worst of all: they are doing it for absolutely no good reason.

Did any of you consider applying for adjustment of status in the US? I mean you can only do that if you have a strong reason, but it is possible if you have some sort of special case. Not a lawyer, but been told by a lawyer.  :) I am also stuck at montreal embassy DS5355 and waiting for the day….

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, mmt26 said:

I mean you can only do that if you have a strong reason, but it is possible if you have some sort of special case. Not a lawyer, but been told by a lawyer.

A person cannot enter the US as a visitor with the intent to adjust status...... "special case" or not.  That is fraud.  It is a violation of the VJ terms of service to suggest fraud.  Attorneys don't always give accurate information.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

29 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

A person cannot enter the US as a visitor with the intent to adjust status...... "special case" or not.  That is fraud.  It is a violation of the VJ terms of service to suggest fraud.  Attorneys don't always give accurate information.

I am not suggesting I was asking and sharing what been told. It is ok to ask questions, does not mean I will or anyone will apply it. I will never encourage anybody to do anything. There is much crazier things than this. A question or false info can be corrected does not mean a person intends to violate wtv it is you say. 

Anyway I hope montreal clears everybody’s cases asap 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, deep2ca said:

Just thought I would give you guys an update and share the good news.

As of Dec 6th the CEAC portal is showing issued!!! I have not received an email yet but the in the portal it says my visa is in final processing and should be mailed to me within the next 10 days! 😀

What a journey, been waiting since 2019. I am so thankful it is coming to an end and I can move on from this chapter and start my married life with my partner. 

To everyone else waiting, stay positive, i know its a struggle, and its not fair, but it will happen for you too! 

congrats!
wow i thought you had sent all the documents months ago and figured everything was issued. good luck on your future journey!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

congrats!
wow i thought you had sent all the documents months ago and figured everything was issued. good luck on your future journey!

Thank you.

They requested an updated medical and updated passport pictures from me back in July, but I could not get an appointment with the medical examiner till late August. I sent them my documents first week of September and it took them a couple months to review my updated documents but by then my criminal record check had expired, so they requested a new criminal record check. I could foresee this being an issue so I had a new criminal record check performed  in advance and had it ready to go. Soon as they requested a new criminal record check I sent it in which was a couple weeks ago. And now im issued !!!

Edited by deep2ca

Timeline
10 minutes ago, deep2ca said:

Thank you.

They requested an updated medical and updated passport pictures from me back in July, but I could not get an appointment with the medical examiner till late August. I sent them my documents first week of September and it took them a couple months to review my updated documents but by then my criminal record check had expired, so they requested a new criminal record check. I could foresee this being an issue so I had a new criminal record check performed  in advance and had it ready to go. Soon as they requested a new criminal record check I sent it in which was a couple weeks ago. And now im issued !!!

wow they really took their time reviewing your documents (not shocking) but glad its all over for you!

its been 4 weeks since my moms documents were delivered, really hoping for a miracle so she can join us here before christmas

Edited by BatmanFlow

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, deep2ca said:

As of Dec 6th the CEAC portal is showing issued!!! I have not received an email yet but the in the portal it says my visa is in final processing and should be mailed to me within the next 10 days! 😀

What a journey, been waiting since 2019. I am so thankful it is coming to an end and I can move on from this chapter and start my married life with my partner. 

To everyone else waiting, stay positive, i know its a struggle, and its not fair, but it will happen for you too! 

Hi Deep2ca,

just out of curiosity when were you placed in AP? was that in 2019?

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

16 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Just look how I have already filed a WOM but there is still no movement either way... lol. I mean, this is so absurd already. I have nothing but scorn for this process already. It's disgraceful. It's equivalent to torture by bureaucracy, in a sense. 

wow, torture by bureaucracy is exactly what it feels! 

Quick update for you guys. So after my lawyer emailed the consulate asking about my passport, I first got an email saying that if I ask for my passport back, my visa will be on hold. Which made obviously no sense. One week later, I receive another email from the consulate saying that my passport was returned and I'll get more info from the courier service. Now in retrospect, I cant tell if the first email was automatic or someone misunderstood my case. Anyways got the email from the consulate before yesterday, and received an email today saying my passport is ready for pick up. 

They also updated my case to yesterday. I wonder if theyre working on my case or just updated it with the passport return. 

Has anyone went to the US after getting a DS5535? I haven't been to the US since I started my papers and I have some work trade shows I need to attend, I was wondering  if it's a decision determined by customs or it's a definite no. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tikitch said:

Quick update for you guys. So after my lawyer emailed the consulate asking about my passport, I first got an email saying that if I ask for my passport back, my visa will be on hold. Which made obviously no sense. One week later, I receive another email from the consulate saying that my passport was returned and I'll get more info from the courier service. Now in retrospect, I cant tell if the first email was automatic or someone misunderstood my case. Anyways got the email from the consulate before yesterday, and received an email today saying my passport is ready for pick up. 

They also updated my case to yesterday. I wonder if theyre working on my case or just updated it with the passport return. 

Has anyone went to the US after getting a DS5535? I haven't been to the US since I started my papers and I have some work trade shows I need to attend, I was wondering  if it's a decision determined by customs or it's a definite no. 

Probably the greatest irony of this entire process is that you are free to visit the US during the extreme vetting process of the DS-5535.  You are such a security threat to the US, that they still welcome you with open arms as a tourist!  You just have to be upfront that you are in AP.  I don't believe any of us here that did travel while in DS5535 had any issues at all... 

37 minutes ago, LAMA9 said:

Probably the greatest irony of this entire process is that you are free to visit the US during the extreme vetting process of the DS-5535.  You are such a security threat to the US, that they still welcome you with open arms as a tourist!  You just have to be upfront that you are in AP.  I don't believe any of us here that did travel while in DS5535 had any issues at all... 

On the same lines I have a question, I asked this question before but did not receive a response. I currently have a TN visa(which does not have dual intent like a H1) and now if I am placed in AP, Can I still travel to the US to work(not as a tourist). Because once I have attended that first interview I have shown intent to migrate. For someone on TN who is going through CP, one of the response to give to CBP is that since we have an interview scheduled we would leave US and head to Canada thereby proving that our current stay in US is temporary. But once that interview is over what reasoning can we give to prove that the current entry will be temporary. I guess once AP is compete they just ask for passports(they do not call for second round of interview)

Timeline
3 hours ago, TheMaverick said:

On the same lines I have a question, I asked this question before but did not receive a response. I currently have a TN visa(which does not have dual intent like a H1) and now if I am placed in AP, Can I still travel to the US to work(not as a tourist). Because once I have attended that first interview I have shown intent to migrate. For someone on TN who is going through CP, one of the response to give to CBP is that since we have an interview scheduled we would leave US and head to Canada thereby proving that our current stay in US is temporary. But once that interview is over what reasoning can we give to prove that the current entry will be temporary. I guess once AP is compete they just ask for passports(they do not call for second round of interview)

They do not usually call for a second interview that I have heard of. One of the reasons you may not have received an answer is because yours is a very specialized case. Hopefully someone else facing similar circumstances can answer, but otherwise you might not get an answer unless you consult an attorney. 

Also you have not been placed in AP yet. Let's hope you won't have to face those circumstances, but it might be worthwhile to wait and see what happens and cross that bridge when you get there. 

Edited by PZibran325

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Timeline
7 hours ago, deep2ca said:

Hey @deep2ca, thankfully your hellish immigration journey is at the end. Congratulation to you, all the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.