2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, can_do said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the spreadsheet. Nearly all of the cases are "refused".

Does that mean they are still in process or have actually been refused and the applicant is not pursuing this anymore?

I'm just trying to get a sense of what the refusal rate is once AP has been served and the long wait is over.

From all I've read here, it seems like I need to get a lawyer and prepare for WOM. Btw, I haven't even had my interview yet! haha!

refused is just their lingo for people in AP. we are all refused, are in AP due to DS 5535.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

5 hours ago, can_do said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the spreadsheet. Nearly all of the cases are "refused".

Does that mean they are still in process or have actually been refused and the applicant is not pursuing this anymore?

I'm just trying to get a sense of what the refusal rate is once AP has been served and the long wait is over.

From all I've read here, it seems like I need to get a lawyer and prepare for WOM. Btw, I haven't even had my interview yet! haha!

Final refusal rate is low, I saw maybe one or two max, out of at least 150 cases in AP for DV22.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, ice-qube said:

F___* them. Seriously. Why is this happening to me. This is likely another tactical maneuver the consulate is using for delay, and then the law firm i paid $5,000 USD says it isn't of their concern.

Maybe i sound like a "Karen" guy at this point, but honestly I am tired of this.

I’ve mentioned previously about WoM “churn firms” that are basically glorified paper pushers - it’s disappointing that Hacking appears to be one of them. 

This expiration is usually seen after 1 year of inactivity on the account, for example if it was 221g alone, but none of the requested documents had been submitted. 

This is absolutely something that your lawyer should know, and should be relatively easy to resolve by contacting them, submitting a request form with USCIS, etc. 

He is your immigration lawyer, he should be able to answer your questions and assist you with your immigration status/case…. Not just file paperwork and then ignore you. 

Go full Karen!

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Ashley28888 said:

hopefully theywill process everyones with the same speed.

i just spoek to someone i know, who was waiting since august and theirs got approced yesterday too.

Good luck you all.

they also got a DS 5535? which visa class?

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

WOW, i cant believe the email i got....TO SEND THEM Medical, police check, etc so they can continue processing my moms visa!

On August 18, 2022 i had a one on one chat with my congressman. At that time he just listened to me and said what he can do is write a letter to embassy asking what is holding my moms case up. Since then i didnt get update on the letter. whenever i would email the case manager for the congressman, i would get the run around about DC staff working on it etc. i gave up hope on the letter.

Then last week of September my moms last date updated changed. I thought this was maybe then getting the congressman's letter. Then it updated twice again in first week of october. I didnt really want to get my hopes high. Then radio silent for 29 days.

last week i asked the case worker about the letter and they had NOT sent it yet. But she said she would do it last week.

Today i emailed her in the morning for a follow up on the letter. she didnt respond.

at 1:45 PM i checked CEAC status and it changed the date to today. I thought maybe the case worker followed up? I check my email and I got this email!!!!!

Good afternoon,
To continue processing your immigrant visa please submit the following:
- A new medical from our Panel physician (please bring a copy of this email to your medical appointment)
- Update your DS-260 application form (CEAC.STATE.GOV) submit a copy of your bar-coded confirmation page
- Your valid passport
- A new Canadian Certified Criminal Record check with fingerprints (Type: For personal use: “Other” search within the RCMP - National Repository Entire Holdings
- 2 recent passport size photos
- I-1864 with 2021 Income taxes from Petitioner

Once received we will be able to finalize processing.
Best regards,
OP29

i literally could not believe my eyes! I am so happy.

long list of things they want. Not sure what they want updated in DS 260.

I had my sister get the criminal check two weeks ago just because, so we save some time there.

ah man this feels unreal.

Omg so good for you man!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Omg so good for you man!

thanks man! here's hoping you are next!

15 minutes ago, LAMA9 said:

This is such amazing news!  FINALLY your Mom can join the rest of you (permanently).  Out of all the cases, I always found yours the most peculiar.  And without a WOM!  Hurrah!  @BatmanFlow!  The end is near.  

thank you! i am so happy, and so is my mom! It really was, they approved my step dad in the same interview but gave my mom DS 5535 😕

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

8 hours ago, LAMA9 said:

This is such amazing news!  FINALLY your Mom can join the rest of you (permanently).  Out of all the cases, I always found yours the most peculiar.  And without a WOM!  Hurrah!  @BatmanFlow!  The end is near.  

Which address do we send in passports? and do we have to send in the DS 260 updated page or just submit it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, US2197 said:

Which address do we send in passports? and do we have to send in the DS 260 updated page or just submit it?

Congratulations @US2197!  I DM'd you the instructions for the consulate courier delivery label.  Hoping someone else can answer on the DS260 question, as I have no idea!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.