2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
53 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Glad to let you all know that we got our visas issued and crossed the border. Exactly 1 year after the interview at Montreal. We did not go through the Mandamus route. 

@ohmygodCongratulations!!  How long did it take to get issued after Montreal received all your documents including second medical?  Also, how long did it take for your second medical results to be sent to Montreal?  I had second medical done and still waiting for the results to be submitted over two weeks later.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, I’m finding myself in an odd situation and hoping that maybe somebody here could lend any insight.

I was interviewed last Wednesday and told my visa would be approved - they kept my passport and sent me on my way. At my interview I had to submit an amended tax return from my husband, and also update them on a border refusal/request to withdraw entry that happened in august, some months after being DQ so it wasn’t on my DS-260. When I was refused trying to visit my husband, the CBP officer said flat out that I was not allowed to enter the country with a pending immigration case despite being admitted for 3 previous visits since applying. We know this is not true…but unfortunately I didn’t have satisfactory documentation on me to prove ties to Canada and was issued the withdrawal. He basically told no harm no foul and assured it would not impact my immigration case.

My CEAC tracker has been stuck on ‘READY’ since my interview. I emailed the consulate yesterday to make sure everything was ok, and this morning around 7:30 am I received a phone call from my interviewing officer. He told me that the status on CEAC tracker will now say, what I heard as ‘recieved’ but I’m wondering if I misheard him say ‘refused’ because that’s what it says now. He said my case will go

thru AP, that there is nothing else I need to do and that I will receive my visa ‘when it’s ready’. I know that it is normal for the tracker to say ‘refused’ right before switching to ‘issued’, but given my border refusal and the fact that I was contacted by phone I am really scratching my head here. It seems unlikely that they would call me just to reassure me everything’s good. Either way I’m sure I should expect to be waiting at least a few more weeks for my passport, hopefully not longer. Very anxious and confused by this.

Sorry for the lengthy post, would love to hear if anyone has experienced something similar.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ohmygod said:

Glad to let you all know that we got our visas issued and crossed the border. Exactly 1 year after the interview at Montreal. We did not go through the Mandamus route. 

CONGRATULATIONS!  You are one of the very lucky ones to make it without a WOM. So happy for you! @ohmygod

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, hilaryb said:

Hi everyone, I’m finding myself in an odd situation and hoping that maybe somebody here could lend any insight.

It seems to me like they’re doing a further check on you in the consulate. “True” AP, where it will take them a likely couple of weeks to investigate. 

if you were not given DS5535, I don’t think it’s a security check like most of us have received here. 

“True” AP is actually the consular officers investigating your border crossings, any notes left by CBP, verifying your documents, and making sure the new additions at the interview make sense. The additional travel after DS260 can sometimes trigger this even without a border crossing denial. 

I don’t think there’s anything major to worry about here, but expect to wait a little longer for a decision. I would guess weeks rather than months. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Siarg said:

It seems to me like they’re doing a further check on you in the consulate. “True” AP, where it will take them a likely couple of weeks to investigate. 

if you were not given DS5535, I don’t think it’s a security check like most of us have received here. 

“True” AP is actually the consular officers investigating your border crossings, any notes left by CBP, verifying your documents, and making sure the new additions at the interview make sense. The additional travel after DS260 can sometimes trigger this even without a border crossing denial. 

I don’t think there’s anything major to worry about here, but expect to wait a little longer for a decision. I would guess weeks rather than months. 

Thank you for the clarification, it gives me

some reassurance. The part I can’t wrap my head around is the phone call - like I said I sent them an email yesterday, but could be it’s just a total coincidence that they contacted me today and actually has nothing to do with my inquiry. It would feel pretty off brand of them to call to update me just because I asked. But no - no DS5535 or 221g.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, hilaryb said:

Thank you for the clarification, it gives me

some reassurance. The part I can’t wrap my head around is the phone call - like I said I sent them an email yesterday, but could be it’s just a total coincidence that they contacted me today and actually has nothing to do with my inquiry. It would feel pretty off brand of them to call to update me just because I asked. But no - no DS5535 or 221g.

I thinks exactly why it’s a phone call, because they’re doing it themselves instead of being forced into the decision by DC/DOS. It was the CO that made the decision to make sure everything is all good rather than the computer. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, ohmygod said:

Congratulations, ohmygod! 

Timeline
On 10/14/2022 at 11:26 AM, ohmygod said:

Did you have to redo medical and police check? If so, how long did that take?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/14/2022 at 11:26 AM, ohmygod said:

When your status changed to issued, how long did you have to wait for the tracking? I’m guessing the consulate emailed you the info?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Filcan said:

When your status changed to issued, how long did you have to wait for the tracking? I’m guessing the consulate emailed you the info?

Mine took 3 business days for tracking number from issue date 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.