Ketchup&Mustard

My friend received a letter from the embassy. Does this mean she has to do it all over again?

17 posts in this topic

You have been notified that your registration for an immigrant visa was cancelled, and any petition approved on your behalf was also cancelled. We informed you that your application might be reinstated if, within one year, you could establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Since you have failed to do so, the record of your registration and any petition approved on your behalf and all supporting documents have been destroyed; any Department of Labor certification has been returned to your prospective employer. I think she applied for the waiver, and she was approved but she received a letter after a while. 

17 minutes ago, Ketchup&Mustard said:

You have been notified that your registration for an immigrant visa was cancelled, and any petition approved on your behalf was also cancelled. We informed you that your application might be reinstated if, within one year, you could establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Since you have failed to do so, the record of your registration and any petition approved on your behalf and all supporting documents have been destroyed; any Department of Labor certification has been returned to your prospective employer. I think she applied for the waiver, and she was approved but she received a letter after a while. 

Waiver for what?   What visa was she trying to get?

You have not provided adequate info here.

8 minutes ago, Ketchup&Mustard said:

She got her I601 waiver approved, and it was an immigration visa. I'm not exactly sure to be specific, does this mean she doesn't have to do it from the beginning again, right? 

There’s many immigration visa. Spouse visa ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Why isn't she the one asking questions here?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

51 minutes ago, Ketchup&Mustard said:

She got her I601 waiver approved, and it was an immigration visa. I'm not exactly sure to be specific, does this mean she doesn't have to do it from the beginning again, right? 

Maybe send her our way.   I’m sure she can explain her situation a bit better.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

It seems like she had a chance to do something but didn't and now it's over. 

You really don't give us enough information to work with. If she has an attorney she should consult with them. Or if she feels like the attorney messed it up give us the full picture and timeline of events so we can help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ketchup&Mustard said:

My friend is an elderly lady, so she doesn't use the computer often, I think she may be applying for a family or spouse. But after a while, she received that letter, and she would like to know if she would have to do it all over again with her attorney or not. 

The thing is, you don’t know the full story either, so it’s hard for us to understand and help. Maybe sit next to her with the computer on, so you can tell the full story. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

11 hours ago, Ketchup&Mustard said:

My friend is an elderly lady, so she doesn't use the computer often, I think she may be applying for a family or spouse. But after a while, she received that letter, and she would like to know if she would have to do it all over again with her attorney or not. 

From my experience one of my family friend had similar situations they didn't take any action on nvc process for like year and they received same letter. And they tried everything to reopen the case but the response was you will need to restart everything from beginning. 

Lawyer said since USCIS and NVC already full with cases they do not want to keep track or keep any data for such cases. So they basic threw your case to dustbin.

However if she has proof for approved waiver. She should get lawyer to help her with this. There nothing she can do by herself they won't even look at her email. Because in there system this case doesn't exist anymore. 

7 hours ago, Gg GG said:

Also if was approved for i601 waiver, NVC is not part of any process. After I601 is approved case directly goes to home country embassy and they schedule interview and all

Is there a website we can check if she has to restart from the beginning so I can check that for her? I want to check for her if it is the same thing online as she got in the letter?

Edited by Ketchup&Mustard

Who petitioned her for a visa?   Maybe the petitioner could help her, since you won’t have access to her case details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.