421 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, I-751Dallas said:

“Hi all, 

Should I apply for N400 now while my i751 has been pending for 11 months now? I heard many good news from people that they applied for n400 anyways and got their combo interview within 4-5 months. However, i also saw that some people got denied or interview cancelled bc of their pending i751….what should I do here?

Im in TX so if anyone is also from TX and applied for n400 w pending i751, please comment and let me know ur experience thank you so much”

- I saw this in one of the post, what do you guys think about it? Are there chances that ones N400 interview can be denied for pending I-751?

I was wondering this too since it's been 3 yrs since our marriage but not 3 yrs since greencard. Is it the same for you?

@I-751Dallas can you please quote those who were denied N-400 because of pending I-751?

The worst case in my understanding is that your N-400 interview gets conducted but no decision made because of pending I-751. Then you would have to wait for I-751 to be approved.

4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@I-751Dallas can you please quote those who were denied N-400 because of pending I-751?

The worst case in my understanding is that your N-400 interview gets conducted but no decision made because of pending I-751. Then you would have to wait for I-751 to be approved.

This is correct I don't think anyone has been denied because of a pending I-751. As the poster has said here the N400 is put on hold so to speak until the pending I-751 is approved. Other cases they conduct a combo I-751 and N400 interview and approve the N400.

No one can say though whether USCIS will do a combo interview or put the N400 on hold pending the approval of the I-751.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hey there -

fun fact, VisaJourney, just out of blue, sent me an email with an estimate of my approval... 7 July 2024 😐

Hi,

I saw my informed mail yesterday and I see that usps was suppose to deliver my mail from USCIS yesterday. i am guessing it is a mail for biometric letter. However, I still did not receive the mail today. Looks like they missed placed my mail. What can I do about it? Who do I need to contact? Any info would be helpful.

Thank you!

Just now, I-751Dallas said:

Hi,

I saw my informed mail yesterday and I see that usps was suppose to deliver my mail from USCIS yesterday. i am guessing it is a mail for biometric letter. However, I still did not receive the mail today. Looks like they missed placed my mail. What can I do about it? Who do I need to contact? Any info would be helpful.

Thank you!

That already a happened to me a few times. I usually receive it on the following day.

Check your mailbox again tomorrow. I guess you’d have to go to your local usps office and show the informed delivery digest email.

When did you submit your case?

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

10 minutes ago, I-751Dallas said:

@OldUser I am not worried. However, I am thinking alternative. What if the mail does not show up? What can I do about it? Do I need to put in inquiry or call USCIS? 

And they're likely going to advise you checking with USPS first. Which you should do, if letter doesn't arrive by Thursday or Friday. At the bottom of Informed Delivery email with picture of your letter, there's a link "Report missing mail". Click on it and fill out the form.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, I-751Dallas said:

@OldUser I am not worried. However, I am thinking alternative. What if the mail does not show up? What can I do about it? Do I need to put in inquiry or call USCIS? 

I think you still have a few days before you really need to think about alternatives -- it's more likely that delivery is just delayed and will arrive soon. Your first course of action would be to go to your local main post office and inquire about the lost piece of mail. If that doesn't work you could follow Sarge's advice:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
13 minutes ago, I-751Dallas said:

@JenIE thank you. Yeah I have gone to USPS and they were not much help. They just said we do not have that information that mail was scanned in sorting facility. It could take up to 30 days for the informed mail to show up. I will wait until this week, hopefully it will show up. 🤞 

Fingers crossed it shows up in the next day or two!

3 hours ago, I-751Dallas said:

Hi,

Thank you!

Give it a couple of days to arrive!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.