18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning! I am a little confused on what to provide for my husbands interview in Casblanca (not yet scheduled, just trying to put things together now)! Can someone clarify what this means?

If you are married: Your original marriage certificate, sworn English translation, and a photocopy.

If you were previously married: Your original divorce or spouse’s death certificate, sworn English translation, and a photocopy.

If you are older than 16 years of age: The original police certificate from your country of current residence and countries of previous residence. If these three items are all true, you must bring a more recent police certificate to the interview:

1. You are older than 16 years;
  2. You obtained a police certificate and submitted it to NVC more than one year ago; and
  3. You still live in the country that issued the police certificate.

I find the wording very confusing. I am the petitioner, I know my husband has to provide his police and court record with translations and copies, but I am not sure what this means for me. Is this something I provide? Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Annie280

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

What's the confusion. Read the entire page thoroughly wherever you got those snips from. That is for  the visa applicant. You are not applying for a visa.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
13 minutes ago, arken said:

What's the confusion. Read the entire page thoroughly wherever you got those snips from. That is for  the visa applicant. You are not applying for a visa.

I know I am not applying for a visa. The above paragraph looked like it was part of what I needed to submit, that's why I asked. 

For family-based visa applications:

• The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.
  • Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, naturalization certificate, or lawful permanent resident card).
  • Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and visa applicant (such as photographs, letters, or emails).

If you are married: Your original marriage certificate, sworn English translation, and a photocopy.

If you were previously married: Your original divorce or spouse’s death certificate, sworn English translation, and a photocopy.

If you are older than 16 years of age: The original police certificate from your country of current residence and countries of previous residence. If these three items are all true, you must bring a more recent police certificate to the interview:

2. You obtained a police certificate and submitted it to NVC more than one year ago; and
Edited by Annie280

Timeline

This is very important:

If the PETITIONER (in this case yourself) was previously married, you need to submit the original marriage certificate with translation (if not in english).

Same thing for the applicant if they were previously married.

Regardless of submitting divorce certificates, the COs in Casablanca are asking for all previous marriage certificates.

This is what is holding our case since the 23rd of May. They asked for the petitioner's previous marriage certificate, even if the divorce certificate was submitted with the I-130 and with NVC supporting documents

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Annie280 said:

For family-based visa applications:

• The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.
  • Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, naturalization certificate, or lawful permanent resident card).
  • Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and visa applicant (such as photographs, letters, or emails).

This entire thing for visa applicant. You are confusing yourself by reading what a visa applicant (your husband) has to submit/bring.

7 minutes ago, Annie280 said:

Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, naturalization certificate, or lawful permanent resident card).

this is where it asks your husband what to bring of yours.

On top of that, if you, the petitioner, were previously married, you have included copies of any divorce decree for i130, you husband has to bring originals of those.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
11 minutes ago, etrangais said:

This is very important:

If the PETITIONER (in this case yourself) was previously married, you need to submit the original marriage certificate with translation (if not in english).

Same thing for the applicant if they were previously married.

Regardless of submitting divorce certificates, the COs in Casablanca are asking for all previous marriage certificates.

This is what is holding our case since the 23rd of May. They asked for the petitioner's previous marriage certificate, even if the divorce certificate was submitted with the I-130 and with NVC supporting documents

Thank you!! I thought this was the case. I was not previously married, so it doesn't apply to me. I appreciate the clarification though!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, arken said:

This entire thing for visa applicant. You are confusing yourself by reading what a visa applicant (your husband) has to submit/bring.

this is where it asks your husband what to bring of yours.

On top of that, if you, the petitioner, were previously married, you have included copies of any divorce decree for i130, you husband has to bring originals of those.

Not the entire thing, but thanks so much for your help 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Read thru the guides for filing a petition on USCIS or above under the word guides in the blue bar

u need the marriage certificate submitted in both Arabic (if married in Morocco ) and an English translation done by a certified translator (Casa does not accept self interpretations)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition.html

many of the other documents are submitted at the 2nd NVC stage and every foreign document needs also to have an English translation

they will be submitted online to CEAC site and the originals will be taken to the interview by bene

BTW any document u submit now or later /  submit all pages -even if left blank 

i say this as many do not submit the entire 130 or 130a as there were questions that did not apply 

but USCIS and NVC and embassy want to see each and every page 

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
29 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Read thru the guides for filing a petition on USCIS or above under the word guides in the blue bar

u need the marriage certificate submitted in both Arabic (if married in Morocco ) and an English translation done by a certified translator (Casa does not accept self interpretations)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition.html

many of the other documents are submitted at the 2nd NVC stage and every foreign document needs also to have an English translation

they will be submitted online to CEAC site and the originals will be taken to the interview by bene

BTW any document u submit now or later /  submit all pages -even if left blank 

i say this as many do not submit the entire 130 or 130a as there were questions that did not apply 

but USCIS and NVC and embassy want to see each and every page 

ignore all that

u are at NVC stage

husband needs 2 criminal reports from Morocco with a certified English translation  (do not worry that one of these say expires in 90 days)

a "fiche anthropomtrique" 

and 

des casiers judiciaires 

both these (one a report for any criminal activity and the other a driving record -even if he doesn't drive)

u submit these to CEAC site to support the DS 260 which is an application for his visa

plus any criminal reports for any countries he lived in over 6 months and was a permanent resident there

he also needs an original of the marriage record u provided with the application (exactly like the one NVC received  not a new one)

and the English translations

he'll need the original I 864 with your wet signature and IRS transcripts for the most recent year 

Casa wants either IRS (all pages) and the W2

or 1040 and W2's 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

ignore all that

u are at NVC stage

husband needs 2 criminal reports from Morocco with a certified English translation  (do not worry that one of these say expires in 90 days)

a "fiche anthropomtrique" 

and 

des casiers judiciaires 

both these (one a report for any criminal activity and the other a driving record -even if he doesn't drive)

u submit these to CEAC site to support the DS 260 which is an application for his visa

plus any criminal reports for any countries he lived in over 6 months and was a permanent resident there

he also needs an original of the marriage record u provided with the application (exactly like the one NVC received  not a new one)

and the English translations

he'll need the original I 864 with your wet signature and IRS transcripts for the most recent year 

Casa wants either IRS (all pages) and the W2

or 1040 and W2's 

Thank you SO much!! This is super helpful. Do you know if a COVID vaccine is required? I can't seem to find a solid answer online anywhere

Timeline
2 hours ago, Annie280 said:

Thank you SO much!! This is super helpful. Do you know if a COVID vaccine is required? I can't seem to find a solid answer online anywhere

Right now Moroc is trying to make all get the 4th (booster)but us is not yet requiring the 4th just fully which is 2 and the booster

yep according to last CDC July 5, 2022 statement

• If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is a nonimmigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa), you will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you travel by air to the United States from a foreign country.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#:~:text=Yes%2C at this time all,proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Right now Moroc is trying to make all get the 4th (booster)but us is not yet requiring the 4th just fully which is 2 and the booster

yep according to last CDC July 5, 2022 statement

• If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is a nonimmigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa), you will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you travel by air to the United States from a foreign country.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#:~:text=Yes%2C at this time all,proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

Ugh that is crazy, thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, Annie280 said:

Ugh that is crazy, thank you!!

We are just getting over a worldwide pandemic? Why is that so crazy to think that they want people to be vaccinated? 

Keep in mind that when it asks for an ORIGINAL copy of the marriage certificate, that's what it means, and they will not give it back. This surprised us when my husband had his interview in Casablanca but thankfully we did have a 2nd copy. Casablanca is also very specific about wanting your tax transcripts. The NVC may accept your W2/1040s as proof of your income, but Casablanca will likely ask for the transcripts specifically. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, h02ejmajja said:

We are just getting over a worldwide pandemic? Why is that so crazy to think that they want people to be vaccinated? 

Keep in mind that when it asks for an ORIGINAL copy of the marriage certificate, that's what it means, and they will not give it back. This surprised us when my husband had his interview in Casablanca but thankfully we did have a 2nd copy. Casablanca is also very specific about wanting your tax transcripts. The NVC may accept your W2/1040s as proof of your income, but Casablanca will likely ask for the transcripts specifically. 

Totally agree

they are wanting IRS transcripts plus the W2 and any 1099 or 1099R

and they gave one member a hard time about the marriage certificate as he sent one copy with English translation to NVC

and the wife took hers plus an English translation (done by a different translator ) to the interview.   the CO wanted the exact English translation as seen by NVC.   Difference being the 2nd translator left out the dowry info

Timeline
12 hours ago, h02ejmajja said:

They are wanting a booster too, just frustrating with time since there is time between each shot thats all.

Thank you - I did not know this. We have two originals so we should be good. I submitted transcripts and W-2's to NVC so I have them both. Appreciate this!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.