Lolomash

Mr Lolomash

32 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Lolomash said:

Ghana and a citizen as well

Aha, finally it gets out. This is probably your issue. Ghanaians have a 57% B visa refusal rate. Hopefully your current status/situation p is enough to overcome this.

Just now, Lolomash said:

I hope so and thanks. Any idea of a possible questions and guidelines?

They’re just going to try figure out your chances of overstaying. Most of the info they need is in the DS160 form you submitted. Take documentation to show your current status and reasons for returning, but they are not obliged to look at anything extra and may not examine it. Only guideline is to tell the truth. Prior refusals make it harder but it does sound like your situation has changed since the last time you applied. Good luck. 

Just now, SusieQQQ said:

They’re just going to try figure out your chances of overstaying. Most of the info they need is in the DS160 form you submitted. Take documentation to show your current status and reasons for returning, but they are not obliged to look at anything extra and may not examine it. Only guideline is to tell the truth. Prior refusals make it harder but it does sound like your situation has changed since the last time you applied. Good luck. 

The last time is was on a short residence with few months left to the expiration and I had also graduated from school with a short contract.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lolomash said:

I hope so and thanks. Any idea of a possible questions and guidelines?

They’re probably going to ask about your ties to the UK. Also inquiring about relationships in the USA and definitely they’ll mention previous refusals. Be honest.

do you already have the appointment? How do you know you’re going to make it for September?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 minute ago, Rocio0010 said:

They’re probably going to ask about your ties to the UK. Also inquiring about relationships in the USA and definitely they’ll mention previous refusals. Be honest.

do you already have the appointment? How do you know you’re going to make it for September?

My appointment is in July

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Basically for a visa interview,  u don't get to go into detail to explain

all that should have been covered in the petition for the B1/B2 visa

the CO will ask things and u get to answer

the Co mainly goes by the info u submitted already

did u have a letter showing u signed up for this conference?

did u send the receipt for the conference payment to save your place?

Did u sign up for any of the panel discussions ?

have u made hotel resevations and submitted that proof?

i had to do all of the above 4 to attend a conference here in the US (even as a USC and living here)

i had to do those to get time off work

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Lolomash said:

Ghana and a citizen as well

Your chances are slim after two successive refusals and being a young Ghanaian resident of the UK. My advice would be put off applying altogether, graduate and get a job then apply.

From my knowledge of my classmates experience during when I was also in college (they in the UK), they won’t give much deference to your legal student status in the UK.

A third successive refusal will be almost permanently fatal to subsequent B visa applications unless you become a citizen of a visa waiver country. Don’t risk it.

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

i had to do all of the above 4 to attend a conference here in the US (even as a USC and living here)

You never send anything with a B visa application, OP could not have done any of those things yet - this is what he needs to bring to the interview and hope the CO will look at it

Edited by SusieQQQ

6 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I have a signed up conference program, payment receipt, accommodation and everything to show. It’s also sponsored by faculty

Edited by Lolomash

Just now, African Zealot said:

Your chances are slim after two successive refusals and being a young Ghanaian resident of the UK. My advice would be put off applying altogether, graduate and get a job then apply. From my knowledge of classmates during when I was also in college, they won’t give much deference to your legal student status in the UK

I’m going to respectfully disagree here. When I did graduate studies in the UK, one if my classmates was Nigerian and he had no problem getting a visa to attend a conference in the US.  Wasn’t it you who said not to generalize?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’m going to respectfully disagree here. When I did graduate studies in the UK, one if my classmates was Nigerian and he had no problem getting a visa to attend a conference in the US.  Wasn’t it you who said not to generalize?

Kindly read what I wrote again. I said after two successive refusals. If you believe he has good or even average odds after two successive refusals, more power to him.

🙏🏾

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

9 minutes ago, African Zealot said:

Kindly read what I wrote again. I said after two successive refusals. If you believe he has good or even average odds after two successive refusals, more power to him.

🙏🏾

His situation seems to be quite different from what it was before, and if he already has the appointment then he’s paid for it already. He may as well go to it. We have seen on this board before someone who got a visa after 4 prior refusals. It’s not impossible at all.

3 hours ago, Lolomash said:

My previous application wasn’t done in the United Kingdom, I moved to the UK late 2020 of the year and I’m not a citizen. I already have an appointment in July.

So, you’re not “from” the UK.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

So, you’re not “from” the UK.

Ghana.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.