JojoandTomas

JUNE 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

180 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 9/17/2022 at 9:46 AM, Amelme said:

Guys, I need help 😕 we first have to wait for packet 3, than we first have to finish medical and than appoitment for interwiev or what :(? How many Days have to wait for medical

Packet 3 is instructions from the embassy but not all countries send that out in order for you to schedule an interview. I know we had to wait until we received instructions on payment before we could schedule an interview. No appointment needed for the medical exam

Timeline
3 hours ago, S@M said:

Had interview today at US Embassy in Kigali, interview was easy and visa was APPROVED!

Will pick up passport with visa on Friday, Sept 23!

Congrats!!!! What did they ask?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
3 minutes ago, H04122021 said:

Hello. Our NOA2 was May 10, but USCIS still hasn't sent our case to NVC. It's been 4.5 months. I already called USCIS and emailed NVC many times. Our case is stuck at USCIS for some reason. Is there anyone who was in similar situation? If so, how did you resolve that issue? Thank you.

What does USCIS tell you when you called?

Our case is ready, took 6 days after it left nvc to reach the embassy

waiting for p3

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

9 minutes ago, Etherial said:

What does USCIS tell you when you called?

Our case is ready, took 6 days after it left nvc to reach the embassy

waiting for p3

They are saying that we have to wait because there are delays. Nothing really useful. We've been waiting for more than 4 months. I called them many times, contact our congressman, contacted ombudsman, but nothing worked. I was just hoping if there other people here on visa journey who are in similar situation and can share some tips and ideas on how we can resolve this issue. Something doesn't seem right with our case at USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
6 minutes ago, H04122021 said:

They are saying that we have to wait because there are delays. Nothing really useful. We've been waiting for more than 4 months. I called them many times, contact our congressman, contacted ombudsman, but nothing worked. I was just hoping if there other people here on visa journey who are in similar situation and can share some tips and ideas on how we can resolve this issue. Something doesn't seem right with our case at USCIS.

Did you speak to a tier2 agent as well?

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

12 minutes ago, Etherial said:

Did you speak to a tier2 agent as well?

I requested to speak to a tier 2 agent. They put me in the queue, but I don't have high hopes about that to be honest. We've placed two tier 2 requests during in the past, and in both of those times they emailed us instead of calling. The emails were very generic. It seemed like they copy/pasted some templated response that had nothing to do with my inquiries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, CJPinEcuador said:

Moderate update (finally! Celebrating any movement at all at this point)

NOA1: April 20, 2021

NOA2: June 27, 2022

September 10, 2022: NVC email, not received

September 11-16, 2022: NVC receives 

September 16, 2022: NVC email, received and awaiting data entry, no case # yet

Still ever hopeful to finish up this process before the end of the year. 

You're almost done! Based on my experience, you should receive your case number in time for next week's batch, then go in transit 2 weeks later. It only took like 2 days to go from In Transit to Ready. How easy is it to schedule interviews in Ecuador?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, centric23 said:

You're almost done! Based on my experience, you should receive your case number in time for next week's batch, then go in transit 2 weeks later. It only took like 2 days to go from In Transit to Ready. How easy is it to schedule interviews in Ecuador?

I hope we are almost done! This has gone on so much longer than we planned or hoped for. We are hoping to be in transit in this next week or more realistically in the batch after that. Ready is only taking a few days to a week and interviews are immediately available in Ecuador. Recent applicants were able to book their appointments once they hit ready and were at the interview in 2-4 weeks. We are both really looking forward to planning weeks as opposed to months of more wait time! 

Timeline
21 hours ago, sourumeboshi said:

My visa is APPROVED. After pending the medical for nearly 2 weeks. It should be with me in 10 days. 

Congrats!!!!! 🎉🎊🍾 

Edited by Emerick

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Visa approved at interview this morning, 510 days from NOA1 to approval. Hang in there everyone who's still waiting!

I-129F Sent -  April 30 2021
I-129F Received by lockbox (NOA1) - May 4, 2021

I-129F Notification received - May 14, 2021

NOA1 physical copy received - May 22, 2021

NOA2 received - June 14, 2022 

NOA2 physical copy received - June 21, 2022

In transit to embassy - August 16, 2022

Interview (approved) - September 26, 2022

Visa in hand - September 29, 2022

US Entry - October 11, 2022

i-485 filed - January 10, 2023

i-485 approved - April 5, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey guys. I’m so confused please help me out. 
On my embassy website, it says I have to submit my DS-260 online in order to take my medical exam. 
However, when I try to login to DS-260, it asks me for an invoice ID number. 
My fiancé got an email from the NVC informing our case number, but it says nothing about invoice ID. 

I looked it up and some people even say k1 doesn’t get an invoice number. 
Am I missing something here??

For those of you wondering about my timeline, here it is:)

NOA1: April 22, 2021

RFE: June 7, 2022

NOA2: Aug 1, 2022

NVC Email: sep 27, 2022

Edited by Ninjaturtur

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.