164 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Adobo said:
Good luck to everyone waiting for I-130 approval. USC/wife abroad.

PD:May 2022.
AR1: DEC 12, 2022

Visited my wife in the Philippines last month for our 1 year wedding anniversary.
I gave up hope and I was basically talking mess about this whole process (just being honest)

AR2:MAY 22,2023 / Taking longer to process but   there was an approval notice under documents tab.

APPROVAL:MAY 23,2023.

3 days shy of 1 year.
Application was sent online.
I got my welcome letter from Nebraska.
I was told my forms were in Vermont. Approval came from Texas.
Approval was under documents on my USCIS account.

I am now waiting for my NVC welcome letter

Good to see a similar timeline to myself being handled in a little under a year.  Also Nebraska -> Vermont -> ??? Seems like a bunch of cases around May/June/July got moved from Nebraska to Vermont and have been getting sent out / approved from there.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/17/2023 at 10:49 PM, Ninoapril0488 said:

Happy for everyone who got approved and Congratulations once again!! 

It seems like the approval are all from US Citizen Petitioner. 😕 Never seen any petition approved for Permanent Resident Petitioner which is kinda sad! And the thought that they can’t provide a tourist visa for our spouses to at least visit us here in the US really sucks. I hope we get approval soon too. 🙏🙏 the waiting game is painful! 

Not true!  My husband is USC and still not word 😪

Our case has been in 'Actively Reviewing' status since it was submitted.  It literally went to that status on the day we submitted it and hasn't budget.  I am super worried that our case has been missed for that reason.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MRJ9987 said:

Our case has been in 'Actively Reviewing' status since it was submitted.  It literally went to that status on the day we submitted it and hasn't budget.  I am super worried that our case has been missed for that reason.  

That "...actively reviewing...." doesn't mean what we would normally think it means.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

36 minutes ago, MRJ9987 said:

It hasn't been missed.  Usually takes 12-16 months to hear anything so we're just now around the minimum of that period.  Those who get a response before that are outliers, unfortunately.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

On 5/24/2023 at 1:14 PM, Adobo said:
Good luck to everyone waiting for I-130 approval. USC/wife abroad.

PD:May 2022.
AR1: DEC 12, 2022

Visited my wife in the Philippines last month for our 1 year wedding anniversary.
I gave up hope and I was basically talking mess about this whole process (just being honest)

AR2:MAY 22,2023 / Taking longer to process but   there was an approval notice under documents tab.

APPROVAL:MAY 23,2023.

3 days shy of 1 year.
Application was sent online.
I got my welcome letter from Nebraska.
I was told my forms were in Vermont. Approval came from Texas.
Approval was under documents on my USCIS account.

I am now waiting for my NVC welcome letter

When I submitted my forms online last year, I was optimistic and I was hopeful my wife would be here around January or February this year. Then when I joined this forum, my heart sank....I saw people's timelines and I pretty much given up hope. Late last year I decided that I would go home to see my wife.

After my vacation last month ( April 2023 ), I updated my USCIS account and I downloaded more photos of my recent trip. That was around May 11, 2023...Then I basically set my mind that my application would get approved around August or September this year. Anything less would be a blessing....sure enough the blessing came on May 22, 2023.

Edited by Adobo

On 5/17/2023 at 9:49 PM, Ninoapril0488 said:

It seems like the approval are all from US Citizen Petitioner. 😕 Never seen any petition approved for Permanent Resident Petitioner

Because this thread (and sub-forum) is about cases of spouse of US citizen.  Topics about F2A (spouse of LPR) cases are in the sub-forum -- https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/112-bringing-family-members-of-permanent-residents-to-america/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Probably my last update to this chat and I really pray this gives everyone some hope through this tedious process.

5/5/22- PD

2/27/23- USCIS APPROVED

3/3/23- NVC WELCOME LETTER

3/7/23- SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS 

3/22/23- DQ’d

4/5/23- EXPEDITE REQUEST 1 DENIED

5/9/23- EXPEDITE REQUEST 2 APPROVED

5/16/23- RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

5/25/23- MEDICAL DATE

6/2/23- INTERVIEW DATE

APPROVED!!!! Waiting on pick up email for Visa. 
please let me know if you have any questions I am very transparent and try to answer the best that I can. Best of luck everyone.

On 5/17/2023 at 11:36 PM, wabi-sabi said:

Hi, your timeline shows you're at the NVC stage and done paying the fees. Looks like it's moving along quickly, happy for you! Did NVC send the welcome letter to both the petitioner and beneficiary? Our NOA2 (from TSC) was dated 05/06/23 but we haven't received the welcome letter yet.

Sorry I late. Yes they sent to both of us. Each time we both get it. And then we had all documents planned so we filled it as soon as possible. Their timeline to get dq was accurate. So now waiting for interview letter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 10:26 PM, KN and GN said:

Probably my last update to this chat and I really pray this gives everyone some hope through this tedious process.

5/5/22- PD

2/27/23- USCIS APPROVED

3/3/23- NVC WELCOME LETTER

3/7/23- SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS 

3/22/23- DQ’d

4/5/23- EXPEDITE REQUEST 1 DENIED

5/9/23- EXPEDITE REQUEST 2 APPROVED

5/16/23- RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

5/25/23- MEDICAL DATE

6/2/23- INTERVIEW DATE

APPROVED!!!! Waiting on pick up email for Visa. 
please let me know if you have any questions I am very transparent and try to answer the best that I can. Best of luck everyone.

congratulations! good for you. What did you specify as a reason to expedite NVC interview after being DQ'd?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We got DQ'd last month and still waiting on interview letter for spouse in mumbai. Considering the current backlog and rate at which CR/IR1 visas are being issued, any idea when we could expect to hear from NVC? This wait is so frustrating...

Also where does the interview letter come? to beneficiary or sponsor home address? will there be an email sent out just in case as well?  

Edited by kuchiku

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.