LJVotolato

Waiting for AOS/EAD - how do people spend these 6-9 months without work?

109 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

You are living my dream. 

I so want to do agility training with my eventual dog but we live in an urban area so it costs $70 per lesson 

and we we won't have the space to create our own trail. 

Haha 😁

Thank you! I take it as a compliment.

I'm so glad to live in a rural area. I hate cities. Even though I lived in one before I moved here. Couldn't imagine to ever go back to one.

I couldn't even find a dog trainer or anything in our area. Needed help with some behavior issues, but there was nothing within a two hour drive. Lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, ROK2USA said:

"Junk Drawers" might be something I teach my ESL students.... teaching English isn't just teaching language. We teach culture too! 

I know a few who have immigrated and the junk drawer thing always comes up. I didnt realize it was kind of an American thing😁

6 minutes ago, MarJhi said:

She is fascinated by the junk drawer in the kitchen and really wants to get her hands on it. I keep telling her a junk drawer is an American tradition and every household has one, but she wants to eliminate that mess. 

Hey! Not only American tradition... also German! 🧐

In fact, I had a different junk drawer in every room... a kitchen junk drawer, a living room junk drawer, etc.. Lol

Edited by MalinRonja

Just now, MalinRonja said:

Haha 😁

Thank you! I take it as a compliment.

I'm so glad to live in a rural area. I hate cities. Even though I lived in one before I moved here. Couldn't imagine to ever go back to one.

I couldn't even find a dog trainer or anything in our area. Needed help with some behavior issues, but there was nothing within a two hour drive. Lol

Living in Korea. Agility classes are a lot cheaper/ you join a club. 

A friend had his dog enrolled and I researched it for our eventual move only to discover the times/price just didn't work. 

Why do the have agility classes at 11am??? (that might be my home country.. not the US) I did a compare and contrast between our two countries 🤣

3 minutes ago, MarJhi said:

I know a few who have immigrated and the junk drawer thing always comes up. I didnt realize it was kind of an American thing😁

I'm not American but I have several junk drawers just like @MalinRonja... as I am preparing to move to the US I am feeling all the emotions....

can I really throw away this phone charger from 20XX? 

I'm old 😅

Edited by ROK2USA

1 minute ago, ROK2USA said:

Living in Korea. Agility classes are a lot cheaper/ you join a club. 

A friend had his dog enrolled and I researched it for our eventual move only to discover the times/price just didn't work. 

Why do the have agility classes at 11am??? (that might be my home country.. not the US) I did a compare and contrast between our two countries 🤣

11 am? On a normal weekday or on a weekend?! Weekend wouldn't be too bad... but on a regular work day would be kind of odd and difficult. Lol

Timeline
Just now, ROK2USA said:

I'm not American but I have several junk drawers just like @MalinRonja... as I am preparing to move to the US I am feeling all the emotions....

can I really throw away this phone charger from 2001? 

Well good to know other people from other places have that same tradition of throwing rarely used items in one scatterbrained/disorganized place.

Just now, MalinRonja said:

11 am? On a normal weekday or on a weekend?! Weekend wouldn't be too bad... but on a regular work day would be kind of odd and difficult. Lol

REGULAR WORK DAY! 

Realised agility classes are for the unemployed/housewives in that neck of the woods. 

Do you think I can convince the husband I shouldn't work and train our dog to do tricks at half time NBA games? 

can I really throw away this phone charger from 20XX? 

I'm old 😅

I took some random stuff with me when I moved... and I only had 3 suitcases in total. And sent one box with books overseas before I left. That's it.

Took an old tin sign with me that I got from my grandparents when I was in elementary school.

Also, I actually do have one of my old phones with me here. Never used it. Isn't even a smartphone... can't even use it here because of the incompatibility of the sim cards or whatever it is. Lol

Timeline

REGULAR WORK DAY! 

Realised agility classes are for the unemployed/housewives in that neck of the woods. 

Do you think I can convince the husband I shouldn't work and train our dog to do tricks at half time NBA games? 

How about we find a way to train dogs to organize junk drawers? All problems are solved.

2 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Okay, well that message made me laugh out loud. That's hilarious! 😂

1 minute ago, MarJhi said:

How about we find a way to train dogs to organize junk drawers? All problems are solved.

That sounds like a good plan!

All my dog is able to do is getting into the trash can and eat junk. Lol

Fun fact... the picture I have as a profile picture is my dog photoshopped as a colonel. I have it poster sized and framed, hanging above the fireplace in my living room. I love it! Best investment ever. Lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Some spend their time regretting not going the CR1 route 😂🤣😂.  I don’t recommend it though 

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

6 minutes ago, USN_MSC said:

We've been waiting for AP since October. Not sure who think AP times are getting better. I personally AP is going to be worse with the EAD/AP de-coupling.

\Have you received the EAD yet? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.