top_secret

USCIS Implements Risk-Based Approach for Conditional Permanent Resident Interviews

50 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Family said:

ALL I-751 s are included, regardless of any previous interviews or lack of if they score well on the Risk Based Checklist…and can be approved by the Service Centers instead of being sent to local Field Office…but I don’t think Field Offices would cancel an existing interview . There are quite a few I-751 threads/ forums on VJ, u can try researching recent posts

Well the interview hasn't been scheduled, the case is ready to be scheduled, is my status. That's why was wondering if this is a situation that doesn't benefit of that new rule anymore.

CR1:

Processing Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 32 days from your NOA1 date. Your interview took 122 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.
I-130 Sent : 2018-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-10-22
I-130 Approved : 2018-11-23
Packet 3 Received : 2018-12-12
Packet 3 Sent : 2019-01-28
Packet 4 Received : 2019-02-05
Interview Date : 2019-02-21 (Approved)
Visa Received : 2019-02-27
US Entry : 2019-04-25 (Move: 2020-04-07)

Removal of Conditions:

2/3/21: I-751 package sent

2/5/21: I-751 delivered

3/10/21: I-797 received (24 months)

7/31/21: Biometrics

11/17/21: Case Ready for Interview

2/27/23: I-797 received (48 months)

3/11/23: New Card Is Being Produced

3/13/23: Case Was Approved

3/27/23: Card Was Mailed

3/30/23: Card Received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/18/2022 at 6:43 PM, poh said:

If you are from a high fraud country, you get Interviewed no matter what.  Some people are willing to do anything to get out of their country. 

Agree with you @poh. However, I am happy that this unnecessary step (Interview) will be at least eliminated for genuine people like us. It may not matter if we have combo interview alongside with N400 application. 

Because it should stay same for AOS applicant as you said fraudulent  people do anything.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:31 AM, top_secret said:

This is great info thanks for sharing. My wife filed I-751 inau 2019 and was status for interview scheduling since Sept 2019. My friend's wife had her marriage interview in the US and received her 10 year greencard after filing I-751 because an interview was not required since they did not interview at consular. This process of mandatory interview is what os causing all the delays and I am glad they scrapped it now hopefully we are done with all the waiting.

On 4/19/2022 at 7:24 PM, M@K12 said:

Agree with you @poh. However, I am happy that this unnecessary step (Interview) will be at least eliminated for genuine people like us. It may not matter if we have combo interview alongside with N400 application. 

Because it should stay same for AOS applicant as you said fraudulent  people do anything.

When you already have children together and share everything as a couple then no point of the interview. Most folks are genuine so risk based approach is best solution. 👌 

• 8 months later...

So, 9 months on from this announcement, do we have any concrete evidence of this policy making a difference on overall processing times? A couple of May 2022 filers recently had their I-751s approved, so that's a timeframe of 6-7 months. But that also sounds like USCIS are applying this risk-based approach only to applications received after the April 2022 announcement. So it could be a case of last-in-first-out for straight-forward cases that don't need a lot of scrutiny/interview. There have also been a few cases where I-751s were approved in as little as 1month. 

This sucks for the people who were stuck in the queue before April 2022 but last-in-first-out is going to shorten overall processing times on paper for the fiscal year, which is why USCIS is going to do it. 

It's too early to tell but I am sure we will know more in the next couple of months. We just don't have enough data because people don't update their timelines and tend not to post anymore once they have approval. But perhaps something is happening. 

Edited by Felix2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.