Jeniafrench

March 2022 Filers for Parents

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

My parents I -130's are approved! Its amazing how they were approved the same day, one was processed in California and the other in Texas.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Stefi said:

My parents I -130's are approved! Its amazing how they were approved the same day, one was processed in California and the other in Texas.   

Congratulations!! Mine was transferred from Texas to Potomoac, which has longer processing time 😩. But hopefully we'll see more March fillers being approved soon 🙏🏼

6 hours ago, Stefi said:

Good to know n congrats. Ours was filed in April 2022.  Keeping hopes alive.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i Think its taking a year for uscis to approave petition before sending it to nvc, like march filer are getting approavel in march. I applied for my parent in june. 😔 I guess three more months to go.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 4/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, Jeniafrench said:

Anyone else in the same boat?

Filed for my mom on 3/20. Case is currently received. Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the next point? 

Looks like the case went to Texas and I checked the processing times here:

Processing Times (uscis.gov)

It says 11-14.5 months. Is that he whole process from filing to interview, or is this to approve i-130?

TIA!

Hi there, 

I-130 took a 1 year and 9 days to get approved. USCIS will send the case to the NVC and create a case to upload AOS and civil documents then consulate will schedule the interview. 

Best, 

Stefania 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey all! My mom's i-130 is approved! It took exactly one year. We filed March 28, 2022. Case approved March 28, 2023. Service center: Potomac.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Filed for my father on 12/03/2023, application approved in 5 days.  It wasn’t expedite but probably because my father is citizen of Ukraine. Today received case and invoice number from NVC

Edited by Gitana

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
12 hours ago, Gitana said:

Filed for my father on 12/03/2023, application approved in 5 days.  It wasn’t expedite but probably because my father is citizen of Ukraine. Today received case and invoice number from NVC

Congrats 🎉 

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/1/2023 at 9:45 PM, sky88 said:

Congrats 🎉 

On 6/6/2023 at 6:02 PM, Nica_In_Love said:

We're still waiting. Filed for dad March 30, 2022, and mom a few days later in April 2022. Both at Potomac and "taking longer than expected".

Filed for my mom February 3, 2022, Potomac service center and still waiting. I tried to submit an inquiry this morning but it did not go through, says it is still within normal processing time.

USCIS

March 24, 2015 - Sent I-130 applications for my mom and dad to Chicago Lockbox

March 27, 2015 - Received date.

March 27, 2015 - Priority date.

March 31, 2015 - Received text and email indicating application received and forwarded to Vermont Service Center

April 1, 2015 - Check Cashed

April 4, 2015 - NOA1 received in the mail.

August 25, 2015 - Case transferred to another service center.

September 21, 2015 - Case status change to RFE.

September 21, 2015 - Received RFE in the mail.

September 23, 2015 - Response to RFE sent.

September 28, 2015 - Response to RFE received by USCIS.

November 16, 2015 - 2nd RFE received in the mail.

November 19, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE sent.

November 23, 2015 - Response to 2nd RFE received by USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.