Kuchiki

IRS Transcript or W-2/1099?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Per the I-864 instructions, tax return transcripts are acceptable as-is.  W2's and 1099's are not required.

However, some members have reported getting RFE's for W2/1099 when they submitted the transcripts.  It's relatively rare but does seem to happen.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Per the I-864 instructions, tax return transcripts are acceptable as-is.  W2's and 1099's are not required.

However, some members have reported getting RFE's for W2/1099 when they submitted the transcripts.  It's relatively rare but does seem to happen.

What's the rationale for requesting W2/1099 when in the AOS form instructions it is explicitly mentioned that if you submit IRS transcripts, W2s are not required. I really don't get how NVC operates. 

3 minutes ago, Kuchiki said:

What's the rationale for requesting W2/1099 when in the AOS form instructions it is explicitly mentioned that if you submit IRS transcripts, W2s are not required. I really don't get how NVC operates. 

i dont want to take the chance especially when we filed Marriage Jointly and both of us got income, so we submitted Tax Transcript, 1040 and W2. i know many people in this forum said otherwise and just provided tax transcript, but i just want to avoid RFE

Timeline
Just now, Misscloud said:

i dont want to take the chance especially when we filed Marriage Jointly and both of us got income, so we submitted Tax Transcript, 1040 and W2. i know many people in this forum said otherwise and just provided tax transcript, but i just want to avoid RFE

In our case, the taxes have been filed as married filing separately and we only submitted IRS transcripts. No W2/1099. I'm paranoid about getting an RFE after 3 months just for them to request a W2/1099.

2 minutes ago, Kuchiki said:

In our case, the taxes have been filed as married filing separately and we only submitted IRS transcripts. No W2/1099. I'm paranoid about getting an RFE after 3 months just for them to request a W2/1099.

fingers crossed. nothing u can do now, hope for the best

PS. i totally understand because sometimes i woke up at night and thinking about RFE paranoia as well 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In reading other threads people were denied b/c they did not submit W2's. I would say, submit everything under the kitchen sink b/c they will deny you for simple things. 

Timeline
Just now, Mrs.Williams said:

In reading other threads people were denied b/c they did not submit W2's. I would say, submit everything under the kitchen sink b/c they will deny you for simple things. 

This is where I get confused. I've read some threads here on VJ about few people getting RFEs against missing W2s. But the instructions on AOS form say otherwise about IRS transcripts and W2s. Either one required. Not both. Then why on earth does NVC send people RFEs!?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Kuchiki said:

This is where I get confused. I've read some threads here on VJ about few people getting RFEs against missing W2s. But the instructions on AOS form say otherwise about IRS transcripts and W2s. Either one required. Not both. Then why on earth does NVC send people RFEs!?

I totally agree with you but we will never know the true answer of what NVC wants.. Thankfully, we have this forum.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mrs.Williams said:

I totally agree with you but we will never know the true answer of what NVC wants.. Thankfully, we have this forum.

This is kinda frustrating at this point since we already submitted everything. I guess if most members are recommending to submit W2 then we have no choice. Will have to do it then, just to avoid any potential RFEs. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kuchiki said:

The RFE's I have seen were for those that sent transcripts as well as copies of the 1040(s) without the W2s/1099s.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

The RFE's I have seen were for those that sent transcripts as well as copies of the 1040(s) without the W2s/1099s.  

This is what I have seen also. If you send transcripts, that is all you need to send, it covers all the bases, and that is all I have ever sent for the many petitions I have filed. IF you send tax returns themselves ( 1040,1040ez, etc) then they are expecting all documentation with them ( W-2's, Schedule Cs, Etc.) because that is what makes the return complete.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.