44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

So we are waiting for our interview in Tunisia (north Africa) and I'm (male beneficiary) worried about getting a ds-5355 because it is a Muslim country and my Facebook profile picture is me holding a paintball guns Wich looks like real guns.... It's stupid but I have pots about guns but they are all from 2015 and it's all just video games but I don't know if they embassy will get it (haven't used Facebook since 2018)  . My question is, can I contact the embassy in advance and ask em if I can file the 5355 in advance to avoid delays after the interview??

2 minutes ago, Hamzaclaire said:

So we are waiting for our interview in Tunisia (north Africa) and I'm (male beneficiary) worried about getting a ds-5355 because it is a Muslim country and my Facebook profile picture is me holding a paintball guns Wich looks like real guns.... It's stupid but I have pots about guns but they are all from 2015 and it's all just video games but I don't know if they embassy will get it (haven't used Facebook since 2018)  . My question is, can I contact the embassy in advance and ask em if I can file the 5355 in advance to avoid delays after the interview??

I wouldn't give them the DS-5535 before they ask for it. But, I would get all the information together so if they do ask for it you can send if they do request it. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

I wouldn't give them the DS-5535 before they ask for it. But, I would get all the information together so if they do ask for it you can send if they do request it. 

So I shouldn't contact the embassy now and explain my concerns? (I don't have an interview date yet)

2 minutes ago, Hamzaclaire said:

So I shouldn't contact the embassy now and explain my concerns? (I don't have an interview date yet)

I think you should wait. 

Have you been DQed yet? 

Timeline
Just now, Kor2USA said:

I think you should wait. 

Have you been DQed yet? 

Nope not yet . But the whole concern is a stupid profile picture and the fact that there was a terrorist attack on the us embassy in my country 3 years ago...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Hamzaclaire said:

Nope not yet . But the whole concern is a stupid profile picture and the fact that there was a terrorist attack on the us embassy in my country 3 years ago...

Your criminal reports  is all the CO needs to know u are not trouble

Well, they don't have your file yet and you aren't scheduled for an interview. 

So, it would be very, very, very strange to contact the embassy about guns and security threats when they don't know who you are. 

They won't be able to attach the DS5535 to anything... and will just wait until after interview anyway. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hamzaclaire said:

Thanks everyone, sorry about my daily dose of Paranoia xD something else, was it wise or stupid to attack visajourney to the social media accounts on the ds-260? XD

never stupid to be completely honest with immigration

word is attach

hope u didn't attack the VJ community 

Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

never stupid to be completely honest with immigration

word is attach

hope u didn't attack the VJ community 

Auto-correct does that sometimes xD all I needed now is saying attack 

Timeline

Yeah but how would they know if it's my last post from 2018 or i deleted everything back to 2018?

If they have concerns ,   they have the people that can find out

and deleted is not really deleted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.