u should see what it changes words to when i write to family in Morocco 

incha yessir changes to inch on yardstick

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

yeah,  does it to all of us 

u should see what it changes words to when i write to family in Morocco 

incha yessir changes to inch on yardstick

One more question before starting its own thread .  Can I ask to expedite NVC based on discrimination? Ever since I got married , my boss (been here for 7years) is treating me badly because he assumes I'm not staying in the company, he refused to give me my annual raise , he never yelled at me before or anything , quite the contrary . Now he yells whenever I talk to him about my salary and keeps saying you are leaving anyway.... I missed a promotion that was supposed to be mine because of it...  Finances are kind of tough cuz of that cuz I have to pay rent and afford a living for me and my wife ( my American wife lives here with me) .... Long story short if I get a job offer in the us , and say the stuff my boss is subjecting me to. Is it likely to be expedited?

Timeline
Just now, Hamzaclaire said:

One more question before starting its own thread .  Can I ask to expedite NVC based on discrimination? Ever since I got married , my boss (been here for 7years) is treating me badly because he assumes I'm not staying in the company, he refused to give me my annual raise , he never yelled at me before or anything , quite the contrary . Now he yells whenever I talk to him about my salary and keeps saying you are leaving anyway.... I missed a promotion that was supposed to be mine because of it...  Finances are kind of tough cuz of that cuz I have to pay rent and afford a living for me and my wife ( my American wife lives here with me) .... Long story short if I get a job offer in the us , and say the stuff my boss is subjecting me to. Is it likely to be expedited?

I am a project manager in aerospace engineering ( he assumes I'm leaving cuz I'm leaving the country cuz I married an American)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hamzaclaire said:

One more question before starting its own thread .  Can I ask to expedite NVC based on discrimination? Ever since I got married , my boss (been here for 7years) is treating me badly because he assumes I'm not staying in the company, he refused to give me my annual raise , he never yelled at me before or anything , quite the contrary . Now he yells whenever I talk to him about my salary and keeps saying you are leaving anyway.... I missed a promotion that was supposed to be mine because of it...  Finances are kind of tough cuz of that cuz I have to pay rent and afford a living for me and my wife ( my American wife lives here with me) .... Long story short if I get a job offer in the us , and say the stuff my boss is subjecting me to. Is it likely to be expedi

The case for an expedited request has to be hardship for  the USC 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

just a little advice

sorry,  seems like boss is a bit jealous that u could come to the US

when u go for the interview,  don't tell people

if it is approved and u get your visa,  don't let everyone know

just say your goodbys to family

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

just a little advice

I didn't tell anyone , he knows cuz I had to take leave from work to get married ....  Well she is in hardship since she is in Tunisia xD

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hamzaclaire said:

I didn't tell anyone , he knows cuz I had to take leave from work to get married ....  Well she is in hardship since she is in Tunisia xD

But that is her choice to be there with u

she is free to return to the US ,  so no hardship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you considered changing your photo?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Hamzaclaire said:

My question is, can I contact the embassy in advance and ask em if I can file the 5355 in advance to avoid delays after the interview??

Why would you do that? That looks very odd. When you go for the interview they will have red flag raised. Just accept that delays are part of the process and do not jeopardize your case like that by volunteering information that has not been asked. 

No, you can’t expedite in this case. There is no hardship on a US citizen. She is free to leave Tunisia at any time and come back to the US 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

That's gonna be even more suspicious considering I haven't touched my profile picture since 2015 nor my Facebook since 2018

7 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Why would you do that? That looks very odd. When you go for the interview they will have red flag raised. Just accept that delays are part of the process and do not jeopardize your case like that by volunteering information that has not been asked. 

No, you can’t expedite in this case. There is no hardship on a US citizen. She is free to leave Tunisia at any time and come back to the US 

Cuz I'm paranoid simple xD thanks anyway

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I thought of that but then he would be using Facebook recently 

and deletion aren't actually deleted 

Facebook has all my profile photos posted as "used in the past"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hamzaclaire said:

Can I ask to expedite NVC based on discrimination? Ever since I got married , my boss (been here for 7years) is treating me badly because he assumes I'm not staying in the company, he refused to give me my annual raise , he never yelled at me before or anything , quite the contrary . Now he yells whenever I talk to him about my salary and keeps saying you are leaving anyway.... I missed a promotion that was supposed to be mine because of it...  Finances are kind of tough cuz of that cuz I have to pay rent and afford a living for me and my wife ( my American wife lives here with me) .... Long story short if I get a job offer in the us , and say the stuff my boss is subjecting me to. Is it likely to be expedited?

1.  No

2.  No, imho.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

just a little advice

I'm sorry , can you point me to where it says the expedites are only related to the USC's condition/hardship ?? I read the expedite section on uscis and can't find it. Thanks alot

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

1.  No

2.  No, imho.

Could you please point me to where it states that the expedite requests are only depending on the USC's circumstances and not the beneficiary? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hamzaclaire said:

Could you please point me to where it states that the expedite requests are only depending on the USC's circumstances and not the beneficiary? Thanks

I never said that.  However, there are more than a million I-30s pending in the pipeline right now.  Your justification must show why you should jump in front of all those people who have been waiting. Here is what USCIS says about expedites:

Because granting an expedite request means that USCIS would adjudicate the requestor's benefit ahead of others who filed earlier, we carefully weigh the urgency and merit of each expedite request. We may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria or circumstances:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    • Timely file the benefit request, or
    • Timely respond to any requests for additional evidence;
  • Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural or social interests of the United States;
  • U.S. government interests (such cases identified as urgent by federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board, Equal Opportunity Commission, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

Not every circumstance that fits in one of these categories will result in expedited processing.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I never said that.  However, there are more than a million I-30s pending in the pipeline right now.  Your justification must show why you should jump in front of all those people who have been waiting. Here is what USCIS says about expedites:

Because granting an expedite request means that USCIS would adjudicate the requestor's benefit ahead of others who filed earlier, we carefully weigh the urgency and merit of each expedite request. We may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria or circumstances:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    • Timely file the benefit request, or
    • Timely respond to any requests for additional evidence;
  • Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural or social interests of the United States;
  • U.S. government interests (such cases identified as urgent by federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board, Equal Opportunity Commission, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

Not every circumstance that fits in one of these categories will result in expedited processing.

But isn't it embassy bound too? I thought at NVC stage, the embassy decides to grant the expedite or not. Am I wrong? If so , well there is barely 10 people in line in my country xD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.