Mike and Liliia

Submitted 2nd I129F expedite request for Ukrainian fiancee and was approved.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Submitted a second request for expedited processing of my I129F and was approved! First one was submitted a few days before war started 2nd one I submitted 2/28 and just received the email it was accepted. Now the problem is that there is no way to obtain a police report. Police said they can't provide this due to the war. I am hoping USCIS will allow Ukrainian's to do without the certificate. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I think there is an extraordinarily low probability Frankfurt will approve a visa without a police certificate; this sounds like a tremendous liability. This is a rather unprecedented situation. I just looked up Syria, for instance, and police certificates can still be requested from consulates abroad. But there's a big difference between a country with warring pockets and a country that's facing a military that wants to annex it.

It was just the expedite that was approved, correct? My thought would be that by the time the NOA2 approval comes through and it's sent through NVC, Frankfurt will have already come up with a plan for you guys. But that can still take a maximum of 45 days for NOA2, and it's anyone's guess how long the war will go on for. My recommendation would be to closely follow the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus subforum and perhaps even reach out to Frankfurt (the new designated embassy for Ukrainians) as the time approaches. Is she still in Ukraine? She could, at the very least, still get out her original birth certificate (though vaccine records are probably gone). Medical will also be very complicated for Ukrainians/Belarusians, but I presume there will be leniency for them there. 

Good luck. Please just focus on getting her to safety, as even with an expedite, the process will still take some months. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
Just now, jjp85 said:

How do I expedite my 129F? The USCIS website gives me a number to call and some recording tells me to visit the website. Its so frustratring.

Tell the automated system you want to schedule your interview it will take you to a person 

Timeline

I actually filed my expedite through my Congressman's office, they have a congressional liaison at USCIS, and they had me complete some forms and then they submitted on my behalf with the congressman's backing on it.  I hope that helps, but it was just submitted on March 2nd.  They said to give it some time to process.  They stated some waivers are available for some things but that would have to be worked out with the Embassy it goes to eventually.  

Timeline
On 3/5/2022 at 2:06 AM, Olga Roma said:

Hi Mike, thanks for sharing your story.

Could you tell me please in what way you applied for expedition? Did you text them or called them? I am going to pass this information to my fiance. Thanks.

Call the USCIS main number and tell them you would like to put an expedite request due to the ongoing conflict. You can tell the main number you are calling to schedule a visa interview and it will take you to a representative.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike and Liliia said:

Just received my NOA2. 12 days after the expedite was approved.

Congratulations!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
20 hours ago, Mike and Liliia said:

Just received my NOA2. 12 days after the expedite was approved.

That's awesome! I received an RFE today on the Lawfully app which is better than nothing. Hoping that it's not anything serious since we had our paperwork double checked by a lawyer before sending the packet in. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.