57 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Tizz said:

My father brought me to the US as a minor with my stepmother as my bio mother

Does your birth certificate list your step mother name as your mother? 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Tizz said:

Hello,  I have a unique situation. My father brought me to the US as a minor with my stepmother as my bio mother.
I'm a US citizen, and I want to petition for my biological mother. 
Is it possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What???????

How did your father bring you to the US with your stepmother as your bio mother?  That would have been a LIE.  

Who is listed as your mother on your birth certificate that was submitted to the US government when you immigrated?

Edited by aaron2020

No I was not adopted. My stepmother has 3 children so I believe my father just added me as 4th child to my step mother. That's what I find out. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tizz said:

No I was not adopted. My stepmother has 3 children so I believe my father just added me as 4th child to my step mother. That's what I find out. 

Your father can't just list you as your stepmother's biological child without a birth certificate.  

Who was petitioned to come to the US?  Your father or your stepmother?  Who was the primary beneficiary?

Did your dad lied just so you could immigrate?  If that is the case, then you are screwed in ever petitioning for your mom.

So, who is listed as your biological mother on your birth certificate?  If you want meaningful help, we need to know this.  

3 minutes ago, Tizz said:

My stepmother is listed

Why?  How?

1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

Your father can't just list you as your stepmother's biological child without a birth certificate.  

Who was petitioned to come to the US?  Your father or your stepmother?  Who was the primary beneficiary?

Did your dad lied just so you could immigrate?  If that is the case, then you are screwed in ever petitioning for your mom.

So, who is listed as your biological mother on your birth certificate?  If you want meaningful help, we need to know this.  

The birth certificate shows my  father and stepmother on it. It's little be complicated. My father couldn't get an original birth certificates for us so he had to go Register to Register us so I guess he just put me and my siblings with the same  mother which is my step mom. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

If your stepmother is listed as your biological mother there's basically no option for your real mother. Unless you get all the documents corrected but I have no idea how much time and money that will cost you and what it could potential mean for your own status. Citizenship can be revoked. But we don't know enough about the whole situation to say something about that. Sounds like a very experienced immigration lawyer is needed.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tizz said:

The birth certificate shows my  father and stepmother on it. It's little be complicated. My father couldn't get an original birth certificates for us so he had to go Register to Register us so I guess he just put me and my siblings with the same  mother which is my step mom. 

Who was the primary beneficiary?  Your stepmother or your father?  

If it was your father, less of a problem.

If it was your stepmother, then you are potentially screwed from petitioning your biological mom.  You gained an immigrant benefit through fraud committed by your dad and that will affect fixing your situation.  

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

You never answered the question who was the primary beneficiary - your dad or stepmom.  I am going to guess that it was your stepmom since you seem reluctant to answer.

You are responsible for answering truthfully on the N-400.  You swore that the application contained the truth.

I don't see a way for you to petition your biological mom without admitting that you lied on your N-400 to gain US citizenship.

1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

You never answered the question who was the primary beneficiary - your dad or stepmom.  I am going to guess that it was your stepmom since you seem reluctant to answer.

You are responsible for answering truthfully on the N-400.  You swore that the application contained the truth.

I don't see a way for you to petition your biological mom without admitting that you lied on your N-400 to gain US citizenship.

Sir you didn't understand my point. All this happened when I was 13 years old. All of my documents gave her as my mother. I didn't lie I was a kid. Now on my n400 I put her because all the documents have her on it. 

Lastly I don't understand your question about the beneficiary. All I know is that her name is on my documents. 

I really don't know about this situation that's why seeking answers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.