ineedadisplayname

N-400 February 2022 Filers

367 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Trif2018 said:

Did you end up calling? What did they say? 

Yup but nothing helpful, they said that we were still within the timeframe mentioned on the uscis processing times so there is nothing additional they can tell us. It’s annoying cause we got down to 4 months and then this! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MelissaR512 said:

Yup but nothing helpful, they said that we were still within the timeframe mentioned on the uscis processing times so there is nothing additional they can tell us. It’s annoying cause we got down to 4 months and then this! 

That must be so annoying and so frustrating. I am down to 2 or 3 months (it fluctuates) - filled early February. I'm so tired of this process. I want to be over with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Got your interview today.

My wife passed the test and etc.

IO said oath ceremony will be mail in 2 weeks.

HOWEVER

the paper they gave to my wife was check on “Decision can not make this time”

IO said you pass wait for oath ceremony and the letter she gave the decision can not be made. I dont get it.

2 hours ago, oguzksk said:

Got your interview today.

My wife passed the test and etc.

IO said oath ceremony will be mail in 2 weeks.

HOWEVER

the paper they gave to my wife was check on “Decision can not make this time”

IO said you pass wait for oath ceremony and the letter she gave the decision can not be made. I dont get it.

Uhhh did she ask the officer before leaving if it was in error? That question should have been risen in the room.

also what does the status online say?

AOS Approved in 308 days

Spoiler

Adjusted from Visa B1/B2 via Marriage to USC 

Sent Package July 26th 2016

EAD approved in (87 days)

Received EAD Combo Card (101 days)

Interview May 30th 2017 (308 days) 

Case Approved May 30th 2017 (308 days)

Greencard received June 7th 2017 (316 days)

ROC Approved in 955 Days (time affected by covid office closures)

Spoiler

Sent Package - 5/11/2019 - (0 days)

NOA Date - 5/14/2019  - (3 days) Conditional Greencard with ext expiration date 11/30/2020

Biometrics - 6/18/2019 - (38 days)

Transfer to NBC - 4/20/20 - (345 days)

Transfer back to Vermont Center - 4/21/20 (Never received that letter but USCIS agents over the phone advises this and have no explanation as to why it was transferred nor transferred back) - (346 days)

InfoPass - 11/20/20 (to get 1 year temp I-551 Stamp in Valid Passport) - (556 days)

Case Ready to be scheduled for interview - 1/4/2021 (601 days)

Interview Scheduled on 9/22/2021 for 10/20/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 9/23/21

Interview Scheduled on 9/26/2021 for 10/28/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 10/4/2021

Called to get info pass to get second i-551 stamp before it expires in November, They will call back within 2 weeks to schedule infopass - 10/6/21

Infopass scheduled for 10/26/21 and told 10/28/2021 Interview still on. Went to Interview. Told need to call USCIS for another infopass appointment. Emergency Infopass scheduled for 11/2/2021.

Infopass - I-551 Stamp - 11/2/2021

Case Approved January 28 2022 (955 days)

N-400 Application

FO: Atlanta, GA

Filed N-400 Online - 3/4/2022

Biometrics Reuse - 3/4/22 (Service Center NBC)

Interview Scheduled - 9/12/22

Interview Date - 10/19/22

Decision: Decision cannot be made at this time

Application Recommended to be approved and submitted for Quality Review - 10/26/22

Oath Ceremony will be scheduled 10/26/2022

OATH CEREMONY MAILED - 10/27/2022

Checked online Oath Ceremony is - 11/18/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 10/18/2022 at 6:04 PM, Imani said:

Uhhh did she ask the officer before leaving if it was in error? That question should have been risen in the room.

also what does the status online say?

You are right on that. My wife doesnt speak english much and did not pay attention for the letter.

the website still says the interview is schedule for October 19. 

I see that so many cases people suck on the “interview schedule” thing. I hope it wont take that long. Some people waited 14 months.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 9/20/2022 at 11:02 AM, CG&LGG said:

My husband had his interview at the Tampa office this morning at 11:20. And it was over by 11:33.

APPROVED!

The officer was super friendly. We had forgot to list two cruises that we had gone on in the travel section of the application. They were so long ago and we were going off of stamps in his passport for the travel. And of course you don’t get stamps in your passport on cruises. He was able to update his travel section at the interview, and it was no problem at all.

The questions he got asked were: Who is the father of our country, what are the political parties of the United States, what is the rule of law, what war did the US fight in the 1800s, who is the vice president right now, and what ocean is on the West Coast?

For the reading and writing portion, he had to read where is the White House? And he wrote the White House is in Washington DC. 

Oath ceremony is scheduled for tomorrow!

Did you have to take your husband to the interview? did you file under the 3 year rule?

Are there any February filers still waiting for  updates? My cousin applied middle of February like me. Other than the email about reusing biometrics, he hasn’t gotten any updates yet. I’m from CA and he’s from Las Vegas. I became a citizen in August. Wondering if CA has less wait time than other states right now…

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
22 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Did you have to take your husband to the interview? did you file under the 3 year rule?

Files under 5 year rule and no, no guests allowed at interview or oath ceremony 😭

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Timeline
10 hours ago, Xroy said:

Is there still any February filers in Jacksonville office like me still waiting for interview date? Frustrating at this point where my case status says "case taking longer than expected"

I filled early February in Jacksonville and still waiting for the interview date :( I thought I was the only unlucky one. My 'estimated date' now says 20 days but I'm 100% sure that after the 20 days it will move to 'case taking longer than expected'. It's so frustrating 

16 hours ago, Trif2018 said:

I filled early February in Jacksonville and still waiting for the interview date :( I thought I was the only unlucky one. My 'estimated date' now says 20 days but I'm 100% sure that after the 20 days it will move to 'case taking longer than expected'. It's so frustrating 

Applied in January at the New Orleans office. Estimated time states things are taking longer than expected. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, AALAO said:

Applied in January at the New Orleans office. Estimated time states things are taking longer than expected. 

On 11/6/2022 at 11:04 AM, Xroy said:

Is there still any February filers in Jacksonville office like me still waiting for interview date? Frustrating at this point where my case status says "case taking longer than expected"

I hope we will get our interview notice soon! I can't wait to be done with this process to be honest

7 hours ago, JE2020 said:

Hello everyone,

My Visa Journey has ended! I became a citizen last week, on 11/2/2022.

N-400 interview was on 10/12/2022. My field office was San Diego.

Good luck to the ones still waiting! I hope it will happen soon for all of you! :)

Juliana

Congratulations!!! 😃

To clarify..your interview and oath taking ceremony were 3 weeks apart?

I’m just wondering how the process is for different offices in CA as I have family in SD too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.