ineedadisplayname

N-400 February 2022 Filers

367 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 10/24/2022 at 2:08 PM, oguzksk said:

You are right on that. My wife doesnt speak english much and did not pay attention for the letter.

the website still says the interview is schedule for October 19. 

I see that so many cases people suck on the “interview schedule” thing. I hope it wont take that long. Some people waited 14 months.

2.5 weeks later, got an email oath ceremony will be scheduled. Thats it we are all done with uscis

On 11/8/2022 at 12:24 PM, Trif2018 said:

I hope we will get our interview notice soon! I can't wait to be done with this process to be honest

I filed in July and my office is in Jacksonville as well. Worst part about this is that i have I-751 pending since 2019, the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since September 2021 - all In the Jacksonville office! It makes me wonder what is going on with that location? I went there to get my I-551 stamp in the passport and it was dead, maybe a couple people besides me. What do they do all day? So frustrating 

Edited by annab864

13 minutes ago, annab864 said:

I filed in July and my office is in Jacksonville as well. Worst part about this is that i have I-751 pending since 2019, the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since September 2021 - all In the Jacksonville office! It makes me wonder what is going on with that location? I went there to get my I-551 stamp in the passport and it was dead, maybe a couple people besides me. What do they do all day? So frustrating 

Did you ever do the case outside of normal processing?

AOS Approved in 308 days

Spoiler

Adjusted from Visa B1/B2 via Marriage to USC 

Sent Package July 26th 2016

EAD approved in (87 days)

Received EAD Combo Card (101 days)

Interview May 30th 2017 (308 days) 

Case Approved May 30th 2017 (308 days)

Greencard received June 7th 2017 (316 days)

ROC Approved in 955 Days (time affected by covid office closures)

Spoiler

Sent Package - 5/11/2019 - (0 days)

NOA Date - 5/14/2019  - (3 days) Conditional Greencard with ext expiration date 11/30/2020

Biometrics - 6/18/2019 - (38 days)

Transfer to NBC - 4/20/20 - (345 days)

Transfer back to Vermont Center - 4/21/20 (Never received that letter but USCIS agents over the phone advises this and have no explanation as to why it was transferred nor transferred back) - (346 days)

InfoPass - 11/20/20 (to get 1 year temp I-551 Stamp in Valid Passport) - (556 days)

Case Ready to be scheduled for interview - 1/4/2021 (601 days)

Interview Scheduled on 9/22/2021 for 10/20/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 9/23/21

Interview Scheduled on 9/26/2021 for 10/28/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 10/4/2021

Called to get info pass to get second i-551 stamp before it expires in November, They will call back within 2 weeks to schedule infopass - 10/6/21

Infopass scheduled for 10/26/21 and told 10/28/2021 Interview still on. Went to Interview. Told need to call USCIS for another infopass appointment. Emergency Infopass scheduled for 11/2/2021.

Infopass - I-551 Stamp - 11/2/2021

Case Approved January 28 2022 (955 days)

N-400 Application

FO: Atlanta, GA

Filed N-400 Online - 3/4/2022

Biometrics Reuse - 3/4/22 (Service Center NBC)

Interview Scheduled - 9/12/22

Interview Date - 10/19/22

Decision: Decision cannot be made at this time

Application Recommended to be approved and submitted for Quality Review - 10/26/22

Oath Ceremony will be scheduled 10/26/2022

OATH CEREMONY MAILED - 10/27/2022

Checked online Oath Ceremony is - 11/18/2022

16 minutes ago, annab864 said:

I believe something is wrong in this location, maybe extremely short of staff. Unless there is any one that got through the process quickly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just now, Xroy said:

I believe something is wrong in this location, maybe extremely short of staff. Unless there is any one that got through the process quickly.

There are people that have gotten their N-400 process in Jacksonville much faster. We might just be very unlucky. Estimated time is now 11 days for me, but I'm 100% certain that after that the status will change to 'things are taking loner than expected' 

Here are some timelines from Jacksonville:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Jacksonville+FL&op1=5&op2=d&op4=1&op5=&cfl=0

4 hours ago, Imani said:

Did you ever do the case outside of normal processing?

I have long time ago, should do it again soon. I was hoping to go over my I-751 at N-400 interview, but even that case is taking awhile

4 hours ago, Trif2018 said:

There are people that have gotten their N-400 process in Jacksonville much faster. We might just be very unlucky. Estimated time is now 11 days for me, but I'm 100% certain that after that the status will change to 'things are taking loner than expected' 

Here are some timelines from Jacksonville:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Jacksonville+FL&op1=5&op2=d&op4=1&op5=&cfl=0

Thank you for posting this. I haven’t seen anybody from July 22 there yet but it looks like they stopped processing cases fast enough around May.. some people from Feb/March did get lucky.. interesting 

On 11/8/2022 at 8:53 PM, PABTK14 said:

Congratulations!!! 😃

To clarify..your interview and oath taking ceremony were 3 weeks apart?

I’m just wondering how the process is for different offices in CA as I have family in SD too. 

Thank you!

Exactly. My interview was on the afternoon of October 12. So apparently, here in the SD office, if your interview is in the afternoon, they will schedule for the Oath Ceremony another day. But if you do the interview in the morning, that's a great chance for you to do the Oath same day.

Wishing luck to all! :)

Timeline
On 11/6/2022 at 9:27 PM, Trif2018 said:

I filled early February in Jacksonville and still waiting for the interview date :( I thought I was the only unlucky one. My 'estimated date' now says 20 days but I'm 100% sure that after the 20 days it will move to 'case taking longer than expected'. It's so frustrating 

I finally got my interview notice for January 10th, I'm so happy things seem to finally be moving.

Is there any way to know whether Oath ceremony will happen the same day?

On 11/24/2022 at 11:49 AM, Trif2018 said:

I finally got my interview notice for January 10th, I'm so happy things seem to finally be moving.

Is there any way to know whether Oath ceremony will happen the same day?

Congrats!!! 10 months of waiting all together then? Well, 11 including the time from receiving a notice until the interview! That’s exciting!

I believe if you are not changing your last name, the oath ceremony might happen the same day

Timeline
15 hours ago, annab864 said:

Congrats!!! 10 months of waiting all together then? Well, 11 including the time from receiving a notice until the interview! That’s exciting!

I believe if you are not changing your last name, the oath ceremony might happen the same day

Thank you! Yeah by the time I do the interview it will be more than 11 months since I filled N-400. I am crossing my fingers that I can get same day oath and be finished with the process then!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

People who had their interview already. Did you bring your spouse to the interview if filed under the 3 year rule? Did the spouse there with you in the interview room or just waited in the waiting area?

Trying to plan some trips and trying to see if we need to worry about that too or it doesn't matter. Does the interview letter says who to bring?

Btw what kind of documents did you take? More relationship proof? New tax returns? etc?

On 11/26/2022 at 11:50 AM, Trif2018 said:

Thank you! Yeah by the time I do the interview it will be more than 11 months since I filled N-400. I am crossing my fingers that I can get same day oath and be finished with the process then!

I filed in July and just got my interview notice for January 17th! Jacksonville is finally moving! Please keep us posted how your interview goes! :)

On 8/7/2022 at 7:45 PM, DesiNavy said:

I filed i751 in July 2020. Dint hear anything after biometrics until April 18, 2022 when it was transferred to NBC. i751 was approved May 16, 2022 and I got my 10yr GC without any interview.

N400 was filed in Feb 2022. N400 interview was done on July 26, 2022. Oath ceremony scheduled for Aug 19, 2022.

Any reason why you waited an extra year to file N400?

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.