J&D1008

January 2022 I-129F K-1 FILERS

309 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I-129F - Sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox  - January 8th, 2022
I-129F - USCIS Received the File - January 10th, 2022

I-129F - NOA1- Notice Date - January 13th, 2022

Greetings, one and all.. Still a long wait ahead for us, but I'm hoping that things might start moving for us by Christmas. In the meantime, I have a house to clear out and a load of furniture and electrical goods to sell..

5 hours ago, jkolom said:

I'm Ukrainian, and due to the war had to leave Ukraine and I'm here now in the US.

Does anyone know if I can have an interview and proceed here? Since there is no embassy in Ukraine anymore

There is no US consulate inside the US either, so you cannot have a K1 visa interview from within the US.  If you were admitted with CBP inspection (ie. have a CBP entry stamp in your passport), just abandon the K1 process, marry your USC fiance, and proceed with the AOS process.  What's important is that you legally entered the US and did not lie to CBP when you were inspected.  If you have further questions about your issue, please start a new thread so the replies will focus on your situation.

30 minutes ago, Ngillet said:

is there a way to pin or follow this topic for updates so I don’t have to search for it each time?

There's a Follow button near the top-right corner of the page (though you may have to view on PC).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Chancy said:

There's a Follow button near the top-right corner of the page (though you may have to view on PC).

Thanks! Found it. i was on my phone, Desktop is what did the trick. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sent i129f Jan 7

Received Jan 10

noa1 Jan 11

hopefully we all hear soon my fiancée is in Dominican Republic and this process is costly and long. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
5 hours ago, jcol2366 said:

Sent i129f Jan 7

Received Jan 10

noa1 Jan 11

hopefully we all hear soon my fiancée is in Dominican Republic and this process is costly and long. 

welcome! please enter those dates on the timeline.z

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 10:54 AM, Ambars17 said:

I-129F - Sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox (Via USPS) - January 5, 2022
I-129F - USCIS Received the File - January 7, 2022

I-129F - NOA1- Notice Date - January 10, 2022

Hey good luck I’m also trying to get my Dominican partner here

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I-129F - Sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox - January 11th, 2022
I-129F - USCIS Received the File - January 12th, 2022

I-129F - NOA1- Notice Date - January 14th, 2022

Hello folks, I hope you all are doing well!!

I am a bit late to the party, but I finally created my VJ account after months of reading.

Edited by ChristopherG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello! I've been a lurker for a minute but now following the appropriate thread 😊 Jan 14 NOA1 beneficiary here, waiting patiently in SA to be reunited with my partner 😖 Hope everyone is managing to stay sane in this process!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 9/5/2022 at 4:58 AM, Skyler2017 said:

Hello! I've been a lurker for a minute but now following the appropriate thread 😊 Jan 14 NOA1 beneficiary here, waiting patiently in SA to be reunited with my partner 😖 Hope everyone is managing to stay sane in this process!

I feel like I'm going completely insane! Only thing holding the last of my marbles together is being able to wiggle things around and squeeze out a visit every 6 months. Super frustrating that it takes so long!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 9/20/2022 at 7:03 PM, TheLoveLyss said:

I feel like I'm going completely insane! Only thing holding the last of my marbles together is being able to wiggle things around and squeeze out a visit every 6 months. Super frustrating that it takes so long!

Hey,

I'm curious, by visit did you meant to the US or are you and your S/O planning to meet elsewhere?

(Asking because I just got my B2 visa application denied on the grounds that I have a K1 visa pending. Pretty bummed but now planning for Christmas somewhere else. Fortunately we are both able to afford travelling to a 3rd country since neither of us is keen on spending Christmas in my country again)

25 minutes ago, Aren said:

Hey,

I'm curious, by visit did you meant to the US or are you and your S/O planning to meet elsewhere?

(Asking because I just got my B2 visa application denied on the grounds that I have a K1 visa pending. Pretty bummed but now planning for Christmas somewhere else. Fortunately we are both able to afford travelling to a 3rd country since neither of us is keen on spending Christmas in my country again)

That is pretty unfortunate for you.

Beneficiaries from countries that are in the Visa Waiver Programme can (usually) visit their fiancé in the US (through ESTA) unless a border official denies them. I have been in the US twice since we have filed the I129f - when asked about my fiancé, I told the border officials that we have an open petition - no issues to-date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.