Kader96

1 year 3 months 11 days passed since I-130 applied

18 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am getting really hopeless about our case since it has been 1 year 3 months 11 days so far. I sent 3 or 4 times e-request for outside of processing times. Applied for ombudsman assistance. None of the e-requests really answered. (meaning no result yet on my case ) and ombudsman after about 2 months later said that they will let me know when USCIS reply to them. (they talked to USCIS as they say) I am looking everybodies case completed waay earlier than us or about a year the latest. I just do not now what to do. It is not fair to families who have been separated yearss. Do you think I should do I know you will say nothing but wait but I am here to get some info or any other people in the same situation like us. 

Spouse of an American Citizen.

I am Turkish. 

We have been married 4 years and also been together since 2016.(6y)

Sept 17 2020 (Applied for I-130)

They transferred us from Nebraska to vermont and they sent it back for review back to Nebreska over a month ago.

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by Kader96

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry for this but the petition was sent september of 2020 and still offices were pretty much in a lockdown mode 

many that work here in US are either sick with covid or can't work in our offices still now at end of 2021

look at my timeline (pre covid)  i was almost as long as this and was tossed from Nebraska after 10 months to Missouri for another 6 

it takes a lot of patience to complete this entire process and when the NOA2 fianlly comes and the case is completed to DQ with all supporting fees and documents done there,  its going to sit there for many months till Turkey is ready to schedule 

Its not fast and basically unless there are special circumstances ,   there is no way to speed it up

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Please consider filing I129F for K3 visa.  It will help them to look for the I130 and push it forward.  It cost nothing for people who already filed I130.  

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Sorry for this but the petition was sent september of 2020 and still offices were pretty much in a lockdown mode 

many that work here in US are either sick with covid or can't work in our offices still now at end of 2021

look at my timeline (pre covid)  i was almost as long as this and was tossed from Nebraska after 10 months to Missouri for another 6 

it takes a lot of patience to complete this entire process and when the NOA2 fianlly comes and the case is completed to DQ with all supporting fees and documents done there,  its going to sit there for many months till Turkey is ready to schedule 

Its not fast and basically unless there are special circumstances ,   there is no way to speed it up

Were you also married US citizen or Perminant resident ?

Because it seems like yours took soooo long omg. Sorry for that .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Kader96 said:

Were you also married US citizen or Perminant resident ?

Because it seems like yours took soooo long omg. Sorry for that .

I am USC married to moroccan for 5 years before his visa granted 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dil & Malar said:

Please consider filing I129F for K3 visa.  It will help them to look for the I130 and push it forward.  It cost nothing for people who already filed I130.  

K3 is essentially dead.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

The USCIS will deny K3 but it will approve I130.  Recently the purpose of K3 is to get the attention for filed I130.  Based on many posts I am reading, that is the effect K3 is yielding

7 hours ago, Dil & Malar said:

The USCIS will deny K3 but it will approve I130.  Recently the purpose of K3 is to get the attention for filed I130.  Based on many posts I am reading, that is the effect K3 is yielding

How old are these posts you're reading. I benefited from this process but that was back in 2019. My understanding the loophole has since closed.

Edited by JMPM

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JMPM said:

How old are these posts you're reading. I benefited from this process but that was back in 2019. My understanding the loophole has since closed.

Regulations regarding K3 applications have not changed .. but the benefit of a K3 is not often seen.. it can sometimes appear to  push the I130 process but its impossible to know if it actually does. For the cost of the filing fee, it may be worth tossing it into the mix.. 

Timeline

Hello @JMPM,  I am reading posts in the last 45 days only (since I applied I130).   Atleast dozen cases I can point, here is the one what happened recently.  What I believe is may be few of the service center does take K3 and deny it and approve I130.. I could not see the pattern yet.  BUT CERTAINLY FILE I129F FOR K3 WILL NOT HURT AND IT WILL HELP. 

14 hours ago, Kader96 said:

It is not fair to families who have been separated yearss.

Family is free to move to you if it is taking too long.

16 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Family is free to move to you if it is taking too long.

Yeah thats eventually what we did.. We met in Mexico but job opportunities really making it difficult (for his major). He would not be able to come to my country because of political reasons back in 2017. It is my country's f up. I will leave it at that. So not everybody just pack their things up and go to their partners country but we are triyng our bests.(btw separeted 1.5 years) Not the easiest one. At least we are together now. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

1 hour ago, Kader96 said:

Yeah thats eventually what we did.. We met in Mexico but job opportunities really making it difficult (for his major). He would not be able to come to my country because of political reasons back in 2017. It is my country's f up. I will leave it at that. So not everybody just pack their things up and go to their partners country but we are triyng our bests.(btw separeted 1.5 years) Not the easiest one. At least we are together now. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Yikes.   Sorry to hear what a struggle it’s been……

Did you say you had contacted your member of congress/senator to do an inquiry on your behalf, since it’s outside of normal processing time?

32 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Yikes.   Sorry to hear what a struggle it’s been……

Did you say you had contacted your member of congress/senator to do an inquiry on your behalf, since it’s outside of normal processing time?

Yeah it really has been a struggle. 

I submitted 3 or 4 times inquiry for outside of processing time and filled a form for ombudsman assist. Ombudsman got back to us but nothing yet. Also nothing from e-request either. Since my husband lives in Mexico now,  I don't know how congress\senator works. I talked to tier 2 they don't have seem to have too many info on our case. Kept saying just be patient.😑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.