J&D1008

DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

Yikes.  How do we know when a new unexpired version of that form will be uploaded?

I researched VJ about it. Found this https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/586634-form-i-134-affidavit-of-support-expiring-right-before-my-interview-date-help/ and this:

Seems what they care about is the edition date, currently it's January 2023, so pretty recent and the latest one. I'm still early into the NVC stages and my embassy is not the quickest for interview dates, so I am choosing to wait a bit and see if they will release a new form. I'll probably only get a case number by the end of July I think. Guess for people whose interviews are close and will be right after the expiration, there's no major issue to using an expired one according to that threads above.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline

10 June Update of USCIS Scans.
Continuing scans as we are still not quite to Inquiry Date ...

If you are still untouched ... keep an eye on the Inquiry date.

I will be out of country next 2 weeks but don't expect the scan would show much new at this point

Nearly everything is RFER processing activity ...
A couple of stray approvals or denials this week.

Report of significant changes since 2023_06_10
DEC 1-3:  Untouched:9
        Approved: 1     Denied: 3      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 2  RFER->Approval: 1   (Incl. in stats) 
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 0    Rejected: 0

DEC 6-10:  Untouched:15
        Approved: 12     Denied: 2      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 11   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 13-17:  Untouched:18
        Approved: 7     Denied: 1      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 7   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 20-24:  Untouched:16
        Approved: 8     Denied: 1      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 8   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 27-31:  Untouched:28
        Approved: 10     Denied: 2      RFE/RFER: 0   
        RFER->Denial: 2  RFER->Approval: 8   (Incl. in stats) 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

Yikes.  How do we know when a new unexpired version of that form will be uploaded?

Don't you just love how they give us deadlines ... but .... none apply to them unless they choose it to be so?

58 days.. and this 

To Whom it Concerns:

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

For current processing times, please visit our website: https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English or https://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please resubmit your inquiry.

You can also begin to familiarize yourself with the documents NVC will request at that site.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

58 days.. and this 

To Whom it Concerns:

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently received your immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems.

Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates.

As soon as your case is in our systems, we will send a Welcome Letter and instructions. Then, if you still need help updating your case, you can contact us by using one of the methods listed on https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

For current processing times, please visit our website: https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English or https://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please resubmit your inquiry.

You can also begin to familiarize yourself with the documents NVC will request at that site.

Awesome 🎉👏🏽 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

58 days.. and this 

To Whom it Concerns:

Yours was fast  ... mine took 80 days to get this far (and still there)

Day 85 and still waiting for case number

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

Took me 93. Sit tight. It's coming.

I know ... and try to remain positive as I also know there are way too many people even waiting for RFER or NOA2 still.

That said, I just wish the whole process was a bit more transparent.
Tell us that things were slipping and that we should expect action and I could make better choices.

Tomorrow, I leave to visit my fiancée rather than going to get her and bring her back.
Made it a refundable trip at first to get her, thankfully, but being I live 2 hours from Tijuana, I would have made different choices back in end of 2022 so we could be visiting together rather than expensive flights now (that also burn vacation).

Hate this whole process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
50 minutes ago, thatricepmaniac said:

Wow.  Got the I-129F approval today!  I was worried because they had requested and RFE about a DUI and a protective order from the past.  But I answered with all the documentation they requested 4 weeks ago.

So nice to get this news today.

image.png.502cfeddc079aa97c1121eca8b2430f3.png

Congratulations 

Timeline

Will be posting another "USCIS SCAN" soon ....
If you are still in a CASE Received status, do prepare for an Inquiry ....

As for me, I am with my Fiancee in Sao Paulo this week .... visiting ..... when it should have been getting her or maybe working on Visa.
But still stuck at NVC stage. 
562 Days since NOA1
94 Days since NOA2 Approval
24 Days since sent from USCIS to NVC 

Status - Awaiting data entry at NVC (for the past 2 weeks or more)

3 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Will be posting another "USCIS SCAN" soon ....
If you are still in a CASE Received status, do prepare for an Inquiry ....

As for me, I am with my Fiancee in Sao Paulo this week .... visiting ..... when it should have been getting her or maybe working on Visa.
But still stuck at NVC stage. 
562 Days since NOA1
94 Days since NOA2 Approval
24 Days since sent from USCIS to NVC 

Status - Awaiting data entry at NVC (for the past 2 weeks or more)

I feel you. Today happens to be our 555th day since NOA1 lol

Been idling at the NVC for 38 days now. We did receive our case number 28 days after USCIS shipped it, so hopefully you should hear from them soon.

What annoys me most is that anytime things are finally looking up, we've been hit with another delay so far. Like, our case was ready in time for the last NVC shipping date and my embassy deals with like two K1s per year (so no backlog), and yet they still didn't bother forwarding it to the consulate. Why? I can only hope to be included in the next batch this coming week if I want to make it in time for our September plans.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.