J&D1008

DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

857 posts in this topic

I'm in discussions with two immigration lawyers. The first one went over all my documentation and facts and said the same. This RFE was requested in error. I should respond with a cover letter reminding them I am not married, pointing to my application being for K1, and showing that K1 does not require a form I-130. If the second lawyer says the same I will go with that. Hopefully this helps anyone else who randomly gets this specific issue like I did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Rocketman50 said:

I'm in discussions with two immigration lawyers. The first one went over all my documentation and facts and said the same. This RFE was requested in error. I should respond with a cover letter reminding them I am not married, pointing to my application being for K1, and showing that K1 does not require a form I-130. If the second lawyer says the same I will go with that. Hopefully this helps anyone else who randomly gets this specific issue like I did.

Do include anything they asked for on the I-129F and anything related to what they asked for on the I-130 that could be even slightly related to an I-129F ...
I would explain what you submit in the cover letter with an statement that you hope this meets with their documentation expectations for a speedy approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I think it’s a mistake. Looks like they are doing a lot of errors while trying to speed up the cases. Your PD is 4 days ahead of me. This RFE/RFIE is freaking me out since we have waited for a while and then the request evidence. Hope I hear something soon. It’s ridiculous. Good luck 

Edited by Tzgeneration

Timeline

Hello December Data Followers ... 
There is just too much activity to report only 2x a week so I am changing my current status report to M-W-F (especially since there is considerable RFE activity on Saturday and late updates sometimes on Fridays (after 7PM PST).  Weird 
Burndown's will be compared from Fri-Mon Fri-Wed, and Fri-Fri for those looking to track USCIS Progress even though there seems to be no rhyme or reason at this point

Here are the findings today:

Total activity including "expedite" & "mailed documents"
Changes on February 10 2023: 16
Changes on February 11 2023: 8
Changes on February 12 2023: 1
Changes on February 13 2023: 101
Changes on February 14 2023: 6    (Yes, I know that is technically tomorrow but that is the date USCIS reported on the case)

Report of significant changes since 2023_02_10 (Friday)
DEC 1-3:  Untouched:76
        Approved: 3     Denied: 0      RFE: 10   
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 0    Rejected: 0

DEC 6-10:  Untouched:586
        Approved: 15     Denied: 1      RFE: 6   

DEC 13-17:  Untouched:615
        Approved: 35     Denied: 1      RFE: 27   
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 2    Rejected: 0

DEC 20-24:  Untouched:734
        Approved: 23     Denied: 0      RFE: 6   

DEC 27-31:  Untouched:547
        Approved: 0     Denied: 0      RFE: 1   
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 1    Rejected: 0

2023_02_13.jpg

Timeline

As said in my previous post, I am changing my reporting days to M/W/F.
Burndown will always be compared with last Friday so you can see progress through the week.
So here is the burndown data comparing Monday (13 Feb) as compared to Friday (10 Feb)

Analysis: USCIS seems to be increasingly inconsistent as to where they are even processing and if they prefer RFEs or approvals.
Keeping in mind this represents one working day and a weekend, 232 as a case count isn't bad.
I do feel bad for September as up to 9/16 is now at an inquiry date status.  

It does seem October and early November is also being left behind at this point.

Here are the details

Total (previously untouched) cases opened :    232
Week    Was    Now  Delta  Approved  Denied  RFE

Earlier   360     355      5            1                0         4 (April and 3x in August)
09/03    52        52       0            0                0         0
09/10    16        16       0            0                0         0
09/17    75        71       4            3                0         1
09/24    69        68       1            0                0         1
10/01    36        36       0            0                0         0
10/08    49        44       5            0                0         4
10/15    118     110     8            2                0         6
10/22    87        87       0            0                0         0
10/29    127     126     1             0                0         1
11/05    191     186     5             1                0         4
11/12    154     151     3             0                0         3
11/19    297     271     26          20              0         5
11/26    264     237     27          19              0         7
12/03    233     199     34          15              0         19
12/10    608     586     22          15              1         6
12/17    675     614     61          35              1         25
12/24    763     734     29          23              0         6
12/31    548     547     1              0              0         0

History_2023_02_13.jpg

Edited by mw & rg k1
a little more data

Timeline
13 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

Hello, this may be my one of stupid question. the color blue that represents pending, in your bar graph,  is this the same as ¨case received¨ status in uscis web or not?

Yes, I consider
    "Case Received"

"Expedite" (which 99.9% is denied)

"Updated" (i.e. Name or Address Updated) 
    "Request for Additional Information" as all untouched and therefore "pending"

Evidence = RFE (I don't distinguish between RFIE and RFE in this script)

Approved = Approved

etc.

Oh and @GinoNiña, there are never stupid questions ... always better to ask then assume

Edited by mw & rg k1

6 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

As said in my previous post, I am changing my reporting days to M/W/F.
Burndown will always be compared with last Friday so you can see progress through the week.
So here is the burndown data comparing Monday (13 Feb) as compared to Friday (10 Feb)

Analysis: USCIS seems to be increasingly inconsistent as to where they are even processing and if they prefer RFEs or approvals.
Keeping in mind this represents one working day and a weekend, 232 as a case count isn't bad.
I do feel bad for September as up to 9/16 is now at an inquiry date status.  

It does seem October and early November is also being left behind at this point.

For Super Bowl Monday, this isn't bad at all. I expected way worse.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Rocketman50 said:

Someone in my other thread got the exact same RFIE as me asking for an I-130. And they have the same NOA1 date as me. I bet the same agent made this mistake on more than one application.

I wonder if it’s a newbie from their influx of hiring or a tactic to look like they touched more files and keep their numbers up of cases touched. I am interested to hear how to resolve this. Good luck. 

The other option I am now looking at is expediting the case and selecting clear USCIS error. That's an option the other person who has this issue told me about. Otherwise I'm losing many weeks of time for something that should have been approved last week when they looked at my application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Someone on Reddit posted that they attached someone else’s documents in his/her case. I think Uscis is doing a lot of errors, hope they find a solution coz this is not great.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
17 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Hello December Data Followers ... 
There is just too much activity to report only 2x a week so I am changing my current status report to M-W-F (especially since there is considerable RFE activity on Saturday and late updates sometimes on Fridays (after 7PM PST).  Weird 
Burndown's will be compared from Fri-Mon Fri-Wed, and Fri-Fri for those looking to track USCIS Progress even though there seems to be no rhyme or reason at this point

Here are the findings today:

Total activity including "expedite" & "mailed documents"
Changes on February 10 2023: 16
Changes on February 11 2023: 8
Changes on February 12 2023: 1
Changes on February 13 2023: 101
Changes on February 14 2023: 6    (Yes, I know that is technically tomorrow but that is the date USCIS reported on the case)

Report of significant changes since 2023_02_10 (Friday)
DEC 1-3:  Untouched:76
        Approved: 3     Denied: 0      RFE: 10   

DEC 6-10:  Untouched:586
        Approved: 15     Denied: 1      RFE: 6   

DEC 13-17:  Untouched:615
        Approved: 35     Denied: 1      RFE: 27   
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 2    Rejected: 0

DEC 20-24:  Untouched:734
        Approved: 23     Denied: 0      RFE: 6   

DEC 27-31:  Untouched:547
        Approved: 0     Denied: 0      RFE: 1   
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 1    Rejected: 0

2023_02_13.jpg

Thank you for all the data you're sharing, it's a big help! 

If I may ask, is there a reason that Dec 25-26th is omitted, our receipt date is the 26th so was wondering what that was about 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.