TomoMontenegro

How i will Recive Social Security Number ?

11 posts in this topic

hello , i want to ask how i will recive Social Security Number ? need any apply or to go anywhere or it will come in my house address? officier in airport new york kenedy ask me : do you want to confirm this addres or change : i  told him to confirm it , address is michigan where im now , what i have to do to wait for it to come in post house also greencard or i need to go anywhere?

• 3 weeks later...

*** Removed related thread in another sub-forum.  Please post your related questions/updates in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

5 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

Hi guys , im about 1 month here in U.S new and waiting for Social Security Number , but nothing recived Yet !! so im asking here do i need to go to SSN office and apply if and wait to come in mail?   most ppls wich i ask here around me (cousins) told me the SSN should come with Green card at same Day , but i dont think same like him ! what should i do? thanks

It's up to you how long you want to wait.  I got my SSN card in the mail around a week after arriving in the US, even if I still don't have my plastic green card.  In your case, I would suggest applying for SSN in person at your local SSA office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

are you sure we will recive in mail without apply for SSN at all? 

No. Seems it happens about 50% of the time. You can take the required documents to the SS office.. but you will need to call your local office and ask if they are open for appointments 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, TomoMontenegro said:

are you sure we will recive in mail without apply for SSN at all? 

Likely if if you have checked SSN application on DS-260.

If not checked the option, of course you aren't getting it at all. Need to apply thru a SSA.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

If you need it urgently, you should call the SSA and book an appointment as I did and I received it a week after the appointment and my husband did not receive his SSC so far and we received the green card after 70 days of entering the USA and we checked SSN on DS-260. Also this happened after advice of Mr. Arken and others

1 hour ago, arken said:

Likely if if you have checked SSN application on DS-260.

If not checked the option, of course you aren't getting it at all. Need to apply thru a SSA.

how i can check now if our lawyer has check or not? do i need to login in CEAC site or where? how can i see if checked or not , thanks

56 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

how i can check now if our lawyer has check or not? do i need to login in CEAC site or where? how can i see if checked or not , thanks

unless you have a full scan of the whole petition you won’t know. It’s advised to make a full scan of everything you send to immigration so when a need like this arises, you can just quickly check yourself. 

*** Removed related thread in another sub-forum.  Please refrain from creating new threads for your related questions or updates on the same issue.  Post your related questions/updates in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

1 minute ago, TomoMontenegro said:

today i check the DS-260 at CEAC to make sure if our lawyer had checked SSN to recive when we arrive in U.S , and i see there option is checked for "YES" , but in letter wich Consular offcier gived us about social Security Number  said if we dont recive SSC for 3 weeks , ee need to call Social Security Admistrators !! so do i need to wait until i recive green card or should i call now? its not urgent to get social SSN but its better in time to verifiy of all going good

Screenshot_20211222-164209 (2).jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.