daniel_and_lily

K1 Visa Rejected Due to Lack of Evidence of Relationship (Vietnam)

73 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/25/2021 at 2:59 PM, Jeffry Hardy said:

Depends on who handle your K1 petition, are you the one who handle the process your self or lawyer?? Because if your process was handle by lawyer they will instruct u all the documents u need to take along just as my lawyer guard me

Never, never trust any immigration attorney.  In my experience of 61 years since I first immigrated to the USA, they are way behind any rule changes and make HORRIBLE mistakes. 

Hey Hey, it's Oregon Ray!

Timeline
On 11/19/2021 at 12:38 AM, daniel_and_lily said:

To me the really frustrating thing is them saying she didn't bring enough evidence when they didn't even look through what she brought.

That sounds much more like a misunderstanding. 

Timeline
On 11/19/2021 at 1:59 PM, Jorgedig said:

You can thank those from her country who have perpetuated fraud for the additional scrutiny.

And the global situation  with Covid is obviously out of the US embassy’s control.   

For  others in this situation (pre-interview), I would definitely recommend not going for 18 months without a visit, to a third country if need be.

All absolutely true! Well stated

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Amen to that!!! I have seen countless of attorneys making BRUTAL mistakes.

I helped on guy out who married a Ukrainian woman with two kids.  His very high-priced Los Angeles immigration attorney failed to apply for her kids to immigrate. The attorney later filed for them separately and they were all denied under suspicion of fraud. I did get it all fixed. Another guy I helped out had married a woman from China, in China.  His attorney failed to submit a single photograph of them together, and she was denied, not even a Request for Evidence (RFE) was ever sent, just a denial. Yes, I took care of them too, but doing anything with marriages from china is TOUGH. Immigration attorneys have never impressed me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
35 minutes ago, rraypo said:

Never, never trust any immigration attorney.  In my experience of 61 years since I first immigrated to the USA, they are way behind any rule changes and make HORRIBLE mistakes. 

One time I was considering hiring a Vietnamese immigration lawyer and when visiting her office she had piles of what appeared to be supporting documents of one of several client all over her desk in easily visible from my view.  That raised a red flag and didn't bother to hire one since.  In my mind these lawyers wont give you the attention that you might need to get it right the first time.  If your situation is not too complex you can do it yourself.  I've gotten to N-400 step for my wife and didn't need one. On the other hand if your case is complex then perhaps do your research and seek advise from seasoned filers in forums like Visajourney or seek consultation but you take the lead not done high priced lawyers who just see you as client # X.  

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

• 3 weeks later...

Reapply and show-up in in-person. 

At the embassy ins Vietnam, we saw nearly everyone get rejected who came alone. 

Those with a US Citizen with them, far fewer. It's an obvious sign of commitment.

Vietnam should be reopening again soon, go see and spend some time together, document and reapply.

Or, just get married in Vietnam and apply for a Marriage visa. Probably easier at this point. 

Timeline
On 11/19/2021 at 8:33 AM, daniel_and_lily said:

I think she said something like more pictures of us together or something. But I don't think that can have been all.

Turns out they also asked her for my divorce papers from my previous marriage (this came up after I posted this in discussion). This was listed as one of the items in Packet3k that she was supposed to bring, but did not. 

When I contacted their office via their form, they also linked me to https://www.ustraveldocs.com/vn/vn-iv-221ginfo.asp

It should be noted that one of the most frustrating aspect is their first come, first serve system for booking an appointment. It's near impossible to actually book an appointment. There's literally a bunch of women who sit refreshing their screen every few minutes ALL DAY in order to book an appointment. However, there's never a set schedule for when new appointment slots are available, it can be any time around the clock. We had been trying since April to be able to book this appointment.

Thank you. Attaching blue as you suggest.

redacted_blue_letter.png

This is a generic blue slip you get if you failed the interview.  Very unfortunate to happen during the pandemic.  Perhaps wait a bit to gather more convincing evidence and re-apply when covid situation gets better.   By then maybe you have gotten married and file i-130 instead. 

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

ROC

N-400

Biometrics reused

event.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/9/2022 at 7:32 PM, rraypo said:

get immigration lawyer who knows the job, lawyer handle my case everything was successful 

• 7 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 11/18/2021 at 10:12 PM, daniel_and_lily said:

After waiting since April due to covid, my fiance finally had her interview today and was rejected. We have met 5 times prior to covid and haven't been able to be together for over 1.5 years due to covid. The interviewer said they did not have time to look over the paperwork, and in the same breath told my fiance that she didn't bring enough evidence to support our case that we have a "bona fide relationship". It's very very unclear to me how we can provide more evidence supporting our relationship when the time wasn't taken to review the material that we brought in the first place. How can we have any chance to win on this?  They asked her if I was present (which clearly I was not) and it's not possible to go to Vietnam currently because they're still closed from covid. That seems like a really stupid question to even ask her since they've been closed since March 2020. 

Hello Daniel

It is 2022 now but my wife just received the same 221g. Did not look at any pictures or messages. 

Just marriage certificate and divorce records. 

How did this work out for you? 

Timeline
On 11/28/2021 at 10:43 AM, trucphong said:

Vietnam is one of the top visa fraud countries. You can search visa fraud in Vietnam (2013) where US officials were bribed and convicted. There was new event that involved with visa fraud that happened in Texas recently (2019) and 99 people were charged. This is one of the reasons why US officals will scrutinize or even think all applications are not fraud. 

The blue sheet questions are really generic questions for all people such as family tree relationships, timeline of relationship, list all relative people that live in US. However, it all depends on what you included in the original package. There are two types of blue sheets that they usually give in Vietnam.

1. R1 type- which they usually believe the relationship but applicant/petitioner forget or misses some form or they need new update tax transcript due to new year which petitioner did not submit at NVC stage. This one is easy to get approval.

2. R2 type- This one usually has a lot of requests on blue sheet about 8 questions +. I had seen someone had 10 -12 questions on it. This usually happens when they are questioning the relationship. I would recommend you to read each question carefully and submit all relevant evidences as possible.

I usually frontloaded everything I can even including beneficiaries benefits (401k, stocks, added her to my credit cards authorized user which you can add it) and tax/health insurance which has her names on it (I did CR1 so I can file tax as married jointly and added her to health insurance card).

Good luck.

Reading your postI I feel a little bit better about getting the R2. They only asked for 3 things. 

Covid has been a nightmare for this process in Vietnam. It was a struggle

Timeline
On 12/16/2021 at 2:44 AM, Allaboutwaiting said:

@daniel_and_lily The blue form asks for information on your former spouse, including immigration history. Is your ex wife an immigrant and were you the sponsor? 

If that's the case, that would bring even more scrutiny over your relationship. 

Can someone reading this thread explain to me when the R2 asks for ex spouses immigration history what exactly what the VN officers are looking for? To see if they are a natural born US citizen? Or were they have traveled or lived?? Ialso have to provide this written statement. @rraypo

Timeline
4 hours ago, stringpuller said:

Can someone reading this thread explain to me when the R2 asks for ex spouses immigration history what exactly what the VN officers are looking for? To see if they are a natural born US citizen? Or were they have traveled or lived?? Ialso have to provide this written statement. @rraypo

Sounds like they are questioning your past relationships/marriage.  Provide whatever they ask best to your knowledge and ability.  

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

ROC

N-400

Biometrics reused

event.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, poh said:

Sounds like they are questioning your past relationships/marriage.  Provide whatever they ask best to your knowledge and ability.  

Hi yes we are. 

Do you know what they mean by Immigration history? Kind of a vague term. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.