18 posts in this topic

Hi i was wondering if any of yall had your cases approved for expidite and what your reasons are ? I am thinking to expidite on grounds of mental and emotional distress I have a doctors note stating I have devloped several cysts and painful acne due to stress and anxiety  I also have in person classes starting in january. do you think any of these reasons could get our case expidited ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, amm2016 said:

Hi i was wondering if any of yall had your cases approved for expidite and what your reasons are ? I am thinking to expidite on grounds of mental and emotional distress I have a doctors note stating I have devloped several cysts and painful acne due to stress and anxiety  I also have in person classes starting in january. do you think any of these reasons could get our case expidited ?

Then send your request to nvcexpedite@state.gov.  They will send your request to the embassy. There is no way for us to tell you what yoru embassy accepts as viable reasons. Every embassy has their own standards of emergencies. All you can do is apply and wait and see.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

45 minutes ago, amm2016 said:

I have never seen an expedite granted due to acne.

29 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I have never seen an expedite granted due to acne.

stress acne

1 hour ago, amm2016 said:

Make sure to include documentation from your doctors indicating your acne and cysts are caused by the stress. 

Include documentation about in person classes starting and explain why this is a hardship for you. 

2 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

stress acne

Make sure to include documentation from your doctors indicating your acne and cysts are caused by the stress. 

Include documentation about in person classes starting and explain why this is a hardship for you. 

Acne is not ever (ever) a medical emergency.   Chronic, painful, stressful, yes.  But not an emergency.

4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Acne is not ever (ever) a medical emergency.   Chronic, painful, stressful, yes.  But not an emergency.

@amm2016 wants to try for an expedite due to mental/ emotional distress not a medical emergency. 

Not sure if it will work, but if they'll probably have to show strong evidence the acne is a result of the stress. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

While I don't see some parts of the reasons as an emergency, I am really tired of the excuses that the embassies are using to delay open slots for interviews.

So to @amm2016 give it a shot and let us know what the response is.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We applied similar reasons at the nvc stage and got refused twice even with doctors letters and medical evidence 

There's no way of knowing if they will approve you 

By all means try but don't expect a positive reply which may exacerbate the anxiety even further sorry 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, amm2016 said:

Please complete your timeline. What stage are you at?

1. If you have documentarily qualified and the applicant is in the UK, London consulate is right now scheduling interviews almost immediately (within a month or a little over DQ). I don’t know if an expedite will shorten this wait any further.

2. If you are at NVC stage (submitted and waiting for DQ), then yes an expedite might shorten the wait by a little bit. NVC takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to DQ, so there maybe a difference with expedite, but not that significant.

3. Is the person facing the mental and emotional distress the petitioner or the applicant. If it is the latter, it is unlikely that the expedite will be granted. There is no harm in trying if it is the petitioner though.

We considered applying for an expedite at Montreal consulate after DQ (the wait time can be 11 months there, although it is improving). It was on the basis of my husband (petitioner) struggling with clinical depression and anxiety which was aggravated by the death of his father, his cat, and isolation due to Covid. In the end we assessed that he would need to help put together the paper work for the expedite, and that in itself would add to the stress (this whole process has been too stressful for him as it is). So we decided it is better to just wait.

Chances of expedites are not great generally, but if you think the stress of putting together the paperwork is worth it, I don’t see why you shouldn’t try.

Good luck!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

hi i am the oringal poster but i had some issues with my account and made a new one. allow me to explain my situation a bit better then i did before. 

1)finiacial reasons - my in person classes begin in january if i do not attend/drop out it will cost me 5k which may not sound like alot but i am 19 i dont have that type of money i need to go to the US so i can apply for fiancial aid and scholarships  i am struggling to get a job as when i tell them i could be leaving in some 3/4/5 months, there isnt an exact timeframe as we know for interview appointments, people do not want to hire someone for this uncertian amount of time i have also recently started paying rent to live in my mothers house, due to her finaical situation. she is moving and i am not gonna have anywhere to live in the next coming months my husband lives with his mother but is getting an apartment for us he pays for bills in his mothers house and for the mortage, again due to her finacial situation

2) medical reasons - their are multiple cysts which are undiagnosed currently they suggest due to stress but they could well be something else if they are i would like to attend  a breast clinic in the us with my husband . i do not have any other type of family support at home as my mother cares for my serverly disabled brother she doesnt have the time to deal with whatever progresses of this 

3)  we had delays at nvc due to our case being mishandled. it set us back almost a month due to whoever reviewed our case stating that documents where not present but in reality they just had to scroll down on the file it took us almost a month of calling to find someone who would scroll down on the file we submitted and accept the document that had always been there 

@From_CAN_2_US

we are DQ on nov 12.

@randy91

ill be sure to post what happens : )

sorry for the long story 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aishammartinez said:

hi i am the oringal poster but i had some issues with my account and made a new one. allow me to explain my situation a bit better then i did before. 

1)finiacial reasons - my in person classes begin in january if i do not attend/drop out it will cost me 5k which may not sound like alot but i am 19 i dont have that type of money i need to go to the US so i can apply for fiancial aid and scholarships  i am struggling to get a job as when i tell them i could be leaving in some 3/4/5 months, there isnt an exact timeframe as we know for interview appointments, people do not want to hire someone for this uncertian amount of time i have also recently started paying rent to live in my mothers house, due to her finaical situation. she is moving and i am not gonna have anywhere to live in the next coming months my husband lives with his mother but is getting an apartment for us he pays for bills in his mothers house and for the mortage, again due to her finacial situation

2) medical reasons - their are multiple cysts which are undiagnosed currently they suggest due to stress but they could well be something else if they are i would like to attend  a breast clinic in the us with my husband . i do not have any other type of family support at home as my mother cares for my serverly disabled brother she doesnt have the time to deal with whatever progresses of this 

3)  we had delays at nvc due to our case being mishandled. it set us back almost a month due to whoever reviewed our case stating that documents where not present but in reality they just had to scroll down on the file it took us almost a month of calling to find someone who would scroll down on the file we submitted and accept the document that had always been there 

@From_CAN_2_US

we are DQ on nov 12.

@randy91

ill be sure to post what happens : )

sorry for the long story 

From original post, I presume OP is from the UK. It is clear from this post that OP is the applicant/ beneficiary.

Since the financial issues is on the part of the applicant, I don't believe it would support the expedite. The medical issues again are not being faced by the petitioner, so unlikely to qualify for expedite.  Furthermore the medical issues do not appear to be due to being away from the spouse and OP may actually be better off getting/ starting treatment in the UK, given the superior healthcare available in the country.

The last reason, the mishandling or errors on the part of NVC, if provable, may be grounds for expedite, but it is a long shot.

Since applicant is interviewing in London, it is possible they will get an interview scheduled in December even without an expedite. Latest it would be is January. With an expedite, the earliest possible interview would be in December. So it wouldn't make much of a difference either way.

Personally I would write to the school in the US and request to be deferred for the next semester if you do not get a December interview.

Timeline

@aishammartinez

Regarding starting a job in the UK for the interim, I suggest not disclosing anything about your immigration plans to your prospective employers. Don’t lie ofcourse, but it is unlikely to come up. Take a job and quit when you need to move, by giving the required amount of notice (2 weeks). 

People may argue it is not ethical, but when you are struggling financially, and things are uncertain, I certainly don’t see anything wrong in you taking a job in order to take care of yourself.

Meanwhile, please also take advantage of your great healthcare in the UK and take care of your health. You mentioned cysts and alluded to what sounds like possibility of cancer. These things can’t wait. Please get the medical help you have available there.

Good luck!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

@aishammartinez

Regarding starting a job in the UK for the interim, I suggest not disclosing anything about your immigration plans to your prospective employers. Don’t lie ofcourse, but it is unlikely to come up. Take a job and quit when you need to move, by giving the required amount of notice (2 weeks). 

People may argue it is not ethical, but when you are struggling financially, and things are uncertain, I certainly don’t see anything wrong in you taking a job in order to take care of yourself.

Good luck!

weirdly enough thats what i thought, that they wouldnt ask, but i am just so unlucky they ask every single time nevertheless i might need to start lying. but thank you for all the advice !! 

28 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

From original post, I presume OP is from the UK. It is clear from this post that OP is the applicant/ beneficiary.

Since the financial issues is on the part of the applicant, I don't believe it would support the expedite. The medical issues again are not being faced by the petitioner, so unlikely to qualify for expedite.  Furthermore the medical issues do not appear to be due to being away from the spouse and OP may actually be better off getting/ starting treatment in the UK, given the superior healthcare available in the country.

The last reason, the mishandling or errors on the part of NVC, if provable, may be grounds for expedite, but it is a long shot.

Since applicant is interviewing in London, it is possible they will get an interview scheduled in December even without an expedite. Latest it would be is January. With an expedite, the earliest possible interview would be in December. So it wouldn't make much of a difference either way.

Personally I would write to the school in the US and request to be deferred for the next semester if you do not get a December interview.

the medical issues are due to stress the stress is due to the visa process and separation. as good at the healthcare is here i really dont have anyone to support me in however the situation progress. 

yes we have proof of the mishandling but yeah i agree a long shot.

i have tried to ask to defer it costs money for me to even defer, but im gonna keep trying

do you have an idea of how long interview wait times are for the london embassy ?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, aishammartinez said:

do you have an idea of how long interview wait times are for the london embassy ?

From what I hear it is only about a month of wait for interview. There is a dedicated thread for it. Let me see if I can find it.

Here you go:

It looks like they issued letters for December already on November 10. London has no back log, but they typically issue letters once a month. Since you DQ’d after the last letter issuance it is almost certain you will be included in the December issuance of letters for interview in first week of January.

Please don’t hesitate in applying For an expedite. It may very well work. But if it doesn’t you will very likely have your visa in January anyway.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

8 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

From what I hear it is only about a month of wait for interview. There is a dedicated thread for it. Let me see if I can find it.

Here you go:

It looks like they issued letters for December already on November 10. London has no back log, but they typically issue letters once a month. Since you DQ’d after the last letter issuance it is almost certain you will be included in the December issuance of letters for interview in first week of January.

Please don’t hesitate in applying For an expedite. It may very well work. But if it doesn’t you will very likely have your visa in January anyway.

thank you so much !!! i appreciate this more then you know !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.