ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, PZibran325 said:

This is a brilliant idea, What made you all decide on the end of July?

Thanks. It improved my mental health a lot just knowing we have a plan.

We decided on July because we are both becoming more and more upset. We just want this done with so that we can move on with our lives. We’ve been waiting almost 2 years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ap 5535 said:

Hello everyone. 
This question must be answered here on this forum multiple times for sure. I would like to know tips for travelling while in AP from pearson airport. What to do and what to avoid with cpb officer . Will it be any problem travelling in ap. As far my personal experience from Pearson whenever i flew from there they always put me in secondary. 

Update: no questions asked. Just normal stuff about who they are visiting, anything to declare etc. nothing about visa or AP. Although I had instructed my sister to be honest and open but it never got to that. They also didn’t ask for any ties to Canada question. 

On the flip side Pearson as a airport is apparently a show right now, security line and customs line was hours long

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
6 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

Update: no questions asked. Just normal stuff about who they are visiting, anything to declare etc. nothing about visa or AP. Although I had instructed my sister to be honest and open but it never got to that. They also didn’t ask for any ties to Canada question. 

On the flip side Pearson as a airport is apparently a show right now, security line and customs line was hours long

That’s awesome. Glad your parents were able to reunite.

Hi everyone,

New to this page and stumbled upon it after trying to do some research on my situation.

For background:

My younger brother & I are awaiting IV under F-22

Our cases were created in March 2019, we did not get our interview date assigned to us until February 2022.

Our interview was on March 18, 2022 in Montreal. 

Interview went well, however we were given a refusal letter indicating:

1) to send an updated RCMP clearance letter W/ our passports 

2) answer questions that were to be emailed to us aka DS-5535

Neither of us have any background or history that would be of “concern”

The only thing I can think of is in the interview we were both asked where we’ve travelled in the last 5 years. 

my brother hasn’t travelled anywhere internationally in that timeframe besides going to the US to visit my parents/family. 

I however have gone on trip to Turkey, UAE, Egypt & the US within this time - but all as trips for pleasure lol.

I know there’s no timeline for AP.

We’ve both already submitted all required information and it’s been about 1-2 months since with no updates.

I wanted to know if anyone else from March has had any progression with their IV case.

Not sure if we should consider WOM given the delays in the entirety of this process.

Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, SN0313 said:

Hi everyone,

New to this page and stumbled upon it after trying to do some research on my situation.

For background:

Our cases were created in March 2019, we did not get our interview date assigned to us until February 2022.

The only thing I can think of is in the interview we were both asked where we’ve travelled in the last 5 years. 

my brother hasn’t travelled anywhere internationally in that timeframe besides going to the US to visit my parents/family. 

I however have gone on trip to Turkey, UAE, Egypt & the US within this time - but all as trips for pleasure lol.

We’ve both already submitted all required information and it’s been about 1-2 months since with no updates.

I wanted to know if anyone else from March has had any progression with their IV case.

Not sure if we should consider WOM given the delays in the entirety of this process.

To be very blunt, if you’re stuck in DS5535 at Montreal, you have very few options besides a lawsuit. The embassy has had a WOM surge in June 2022 which means prioritizing court imposed deadlines. There is a spreadsheet somewhere in here with all of the current DS cases at Montreal and how little action has been taken on non-lawsuit cases. We have folks in here who have been waiting since late-2021 for any sign of movement on their cases.

I believe the last issued visa we’re aware of that wasn’t lawsuit related was March? I might be wrong. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, SN0313 said:

Hi everyone,

For background:

8 hours ago, OceanWater said:

To be very blunt, if you’re stuck in DS5535 at Montreal, you have very few options besides a lawsuit. The embassy has had a WOM surge in June 2022 which means prioritizing court imposed deadlines. There is a spreadsheet somewhere in here with all of the current DS cases at Montreal and how little action has been taken on non-lawsuit cases. We have folks in here who have been waiting since late-2021 for any sign of movement on their cases.

I believe the last issued visa we’re aware of that wasn’t lawsuit related was March? I might be wrong. 

Here is the spreadsheet:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GySrwbar5E0dzY4DCJ8s0eagm1up6TxedDBTPYiOlJw/edit#gid=1745669763

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

These are the top three mentioned in immigration groups:

https://goldsteinlawyers.ca/ (which most of us are using)

https://nimerlaw.com/

https://hackinglawpractice.com/

Likely they will want you to be in AP for at least 4 months before starting to pursue a case.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, LAMA9 said:

These are the top three mentioned in immigration groups:

https://goldsteinlawyers.ca/ (which most of us are using)

https://nimerlaw.com/

https://hackinglawpractice.com/

Likely they will want you to be in AP for at least 4 months before starting to pursue a case.

Just FYI, I heard on Hacking’s show on Tuesday, that he is increasing his fees soon.

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm confusing this... So my mom (main applicant) and I (derivative child) already got our visas. We haven't activated them yet but plan to activate them together in October. My dad is still waiting for his DS-5535 to be reviewed. My dad and I were selected as "Accompany" on NVC. What happens to my dad if his case gets approved beyond 6 months? Technically, my mom and I would already be in the US, so does my dad automatically become "Follow to Join" in that scenario? Would he be allowed to immigrate alone if my mom is already in the US?  

By the way, my visa has an annotation on it that says: "Valid only if Acc/FTJ Father, Mother, or Spouse" if that helps. My mom's visa doesn't have that annotation. I'm guessing my dad's visa will also have the same annotation as me. Thanks!

Edited by F3MTL

On 6/22/2022 at 6:36 PM, Mary184 said:

Is there anyone here with Canadian citizenship who was born in Iran? How long did it take you to get clearance after receiving the form DS5355? Thanks a lot in advance for your help 

Hi Mary184,

I am also Canadian citizen born in Iran, being sent to DS5515 black hole since Jan. 2022. I sent you my contact through private message, feel free to contact me.

Regard,

Edited by EB2-NIW

Timeline
1 hour ago, deep2ca said:

I had 3 updates in the month of June, first sign of progress this year. I am hoping the end is near, but I wonder how its going to work with the expired medical. How about you Ice Cube? Any updates on yours?

That’s pretty exciting! Did you contact the embassy? Just wondering if the date changes coincide with contacting the embassy or if they are genuine updates 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.