ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

my mom and sister just dropped off my step dad at pearson, mom was sad.

such an awful experience this has been

What an awful experience, indeed, full of arbitrariness and complete lack of transparency or idea about what timeline should be expected. I want to know how long your mom, or me, or @Rosinasaur, or any of us on the list, should be expected to wait more. No one can even give us any idea of it. Now your stepdad and mom need to be separated, a new casualty of an insane process.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

What an awful experience, indeed, full of arbitrariness and complete lack of transparency or idea about what timeline should be expected. I want to know how long your mom, or me, or @Rosinasaur, or any of us on the list, should be expected to wait more. No one can even give us any idea of it. Now your stepdad and mom need to be separated, a new casualty of an insane process.

I know. So heartbreaking. Here I was hoping they both would come together since we followed everything and their cases were pretty straight forward. But of course not with USA immigration laws and lack of transparency 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

On 3/21/2022 at 3:47 PM, Rosinasaur said:

So, we contacting Hacking Immigration Law to file the Mandamus, and they responded "We are not filing lawsuits if the K1 is at the NVC or the Embassy." So I guess we're out of luck with them.

We're going to try contacting a senator because our congresswoman was not helpful at all. We're crossing our fingers. Our last update was Jan 11th, 2022.

I'm so sorry 😔 I do remember reading about this, I think very few law firms do mandamus for K1. I'm not sure why this is the case, I heard that whenever the law firms took on the case, it did not have a good outcome. Maybe do a search on vj to see if anyone has found a good lawyer for K1? 

Edited by Danii

Timeline
19 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

my mom and sister just dropped off my step dad at pearson, mom was sad.

such an awful experience this has been

I hope your mom gets approved soon. This process is unfair and painfull.

Hello everyboday! I am new to the forum but certainly not to this process 😪. It has been a long winded ride but I finally had the interview on Feb7th 2022 where they barley asked me many questions and set everything looks great, said it all checked out but then informed me I would need to fill out a form. They also requested my passport and said my case shouldnt take long.  Next day comes and you guessed it they send me the DS5355 form to complete. I did and sent it back had about 5 different date changes ( two a week after submission and three around the end of February). It has been a month now since the last update Feb.24, hoping it'll come by the 60 day mark. I am came to Canada when I was 3 months old form Ethiopia and think maybe that is what sparked it but who knows. Look forward to seeing some more approvals with everyone help keep our spirits up.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Anna13 said:

Hello everyboday! I am new to the forum but certainly not to this process 😪. It has been a long winded ride but I finally had the interview on Feb7th 2022 where they barley asked me many questions and set everything looks great, said it all checked out but then informed me I would need to fill out a form. They also requested my passport and said my case shouldnt take long.  Next day comes and you guessed it they send me the DS5355 form to complete. I did and sent it back had about 5 different date changes ( two a week after submission and three around the end of February). It has been a month now since the last update Feb.24, hoping it'll come by the 60 day mark. I am came to Canada when I was 3 months old form Ethiopia and think maybe that is what sparked it but who knows. Look forward to seeing some more approvals with everyone help keep our spirits up.

ah man, always hate welcoming people to this group, but welcome and hopefully your stay is short!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline

Well, a ridiculous milestone reached today, incidentally--it has been exactly two years since my case was created at NVC on March 24, 2020. And of course, no update today.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

Well, a ridiculous milestone reached today, incidentally--it has been exactly two years since my case was created at NVC on March 24, 2020. And of course, no update today.

awful awful awful.

last update my moms case had was november 24. nothing since, aside from updates of when reps contacted them

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline
1 minute ago, BatmanFlow said:

awful awful awful.

last update my moms case had was november 24. nothing since, aside from updates of when reps contacted them

It's like a black hole, man. There is no information other than variations of the  "you are currently under administrative processing and we'll contact you with next steps when it's done". 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, sorry to hear about all of you suffering here.  Thought I would share my story and see if it helps.

PD: Dec 2017

DQ: July 2018

Interview: Oct 2021

Stuck in AP. Launched mandamus, partly, cause I just want to test if the legal system actually works. Judiciary is suppose to rescue from overreaches by executive branches.  I don't even care about GC anymore, but this whole exercise shows how backwards the US immigration is.  I had my UK residency granted in 2 weeks! Canadian citizen so no hunger for western country's passport.

This is such a losing position for USA as talent will go where they are respected.

Edited by EB1A_Stuck_AP

Timeline
On 3/23/2022 at 12:22 PM, DS5535 said:

Land border took me an hour. And one guy talked down to me and in the back. I could hear. Del Bonito land crossing.

Ouf some people are just miserable and love to make others miserable unfortunately.

Timeline
15 hours ago, EB1A_Stuck_AP said:

Wow, sorry to hear about all of you suffering here.  Thought I would share my story and see if it helps.

PD: Dec 2017

DQ: July 2018

Interview: Oct 2021

Stuck in AP. Launched mandamus, partly, cause I just want to test if the legal system actually works. Judiciary is suppose to rescue from overreaches by executive branches.  I don't even care about GC anymore, but this whole exercise shows how backwards the US immigration is.  I had my UK residency granted in 2 weeks! Canadian citizen so no hunger for western country's passport.

This is such a losing position for USA as talent will go where they are respected.

@EB1A_Stuck_AP I believe you are the first person in this group to launch a mandamus suit, please keep us updated on how that goes. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hello100 said:

I told you man, I'd like to meet up with you when we both make it to Florida (whenever that may be) and just laugh about it.

Gd willing, we will.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.