Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

Yes you can get a Titre test done to see which vaccines you will need. Visit the vaccine requirement page to find out which ones are needed for your age group. Hep B has been recently added as a required vaccine. I got the titre test done and got my vaccines updated according to the lab test, and also added the TwinRix vaccine (combo Hep A & B) done prior to my medical. I went to Dr. Lee in Scarborough and he was more than happy that I had them all done, including the Hep B. 

Thank you for your response! Who exactly does the test? I'm pretty new to Canada too and don't have a GP. I've never actually been to a doctor here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ctr said:

Thank you for your response! Who exactly does the test? I'm pretty new to Canada too and don't have a GP. I've never actually been to a doctor here.

Well my GP ordered it at a lab for me, but if you don’t have a Family Physician, you could try going into a walk-in clinic and asking if they’ll order it for you. I’m not sure if they will or not. Maybe ask a local pharmacist if they know where you could get a titre test ordered from. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

Well my GP ordered it at a lab for me, but if you don’t have a Family Physician, you could try going into a walk-in clinic and asking if they’ll order it for you. I’m not sure if they will or not. Maybe ask a local pharmacist if they know where you could get a titre test ordered from. 

If the result of the titre test shows that you have immunity, do you just show the results of the titre when you go for the medical?

Timeline
1 minute ago, BlackRock said:

If the result of the titre test shows that you have immunity, do you just show the results of the titre when you go for the medical?

This is what my husband did. For the vaccines that he was not immune to, we went to either the doctor or Costco/third party service to get receipt of it done. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, BlackRock said:

Yes you take your titre test lab results and it will show which ones you have immunity to or not. You also show your receipts from vaccines given, and Covid vax etc. For me, I needed an MMR booster, a tetanus shot, and then I got the TwinRix for Hep A & B (2 shots 3 weeks apart). I had immunity to chicken pox, which showed on the titre results. 

Edited by Dawgydawgworld

Timeline
18 minutes ago, pow123 said:

Got tracking number Tuesday and mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday but got delayed. Hope it comes today... hope you have better luck.

I just got message mine is ready for pickup, so I’m heading there now to get it then I’m off to the border! I’m sure yours will arrive today as well! Best of luck on your next adventure!! 🙂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/2/2022 at 7:54 PM, ctr said:

Hey - can you fill out your timeline, please? https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=409850 It helps everyone out when answering questions and looking at timings. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Hi folks, just got out of my interview and thought I would let you know how everything went. 

first of all, my interview was at 9:15am but I arrived in Montreal at 7:30 just to make sure I could find parking. Found a street parking spot and paid for the maximum time allowed which was 2 hours. the spots filled up very fast so make sure you get there pretty early. all the spots seemed to be taken by like 8am. I went to the Second Cup coffee shop right by the consulate and killed some time.

Security guard let me in around 9am, fifteen minutes before my scheduled interview. had to go through security and store my car keys in a secure locker. 

waited around 1h to be called for the first time where I was asked for:

- my birth certificate

- my mariage certificate

- my police certificate

- my wife's tax return 

- a passport photo of myself 

and my passport, of course.

approx 20 minutes later, I was called for the second time for the interview where I was asked:

- my wife's name 

- where and when we met

- if I visited any countries in the past five years (other than the U.S.)

- if this was my first mariage (yes)

- if I had children (I don't)

and that was it. the interview itself lasted approx 2 minutes. the officer then told me he would be approving my visa and I would receive it within about 2 weeks. status shows 'refused' currently but I understand this is standard procedure. 

all in all, the interview is a very easy process if you are prepared with the right documents, and the staff at the consulate is very friendly. 

8 minutes ago, SamuelR said:

Hi folks, just got out of my interview and thought I would let you know how everything went. 

first of all, my interview was at 9:15am but I arrived in Montreal at 7:30 just to make sure I could find parking. Found a street parking spot and paid for the maximum time allowed which was 2 hours. the spots filled up very fast so make sure you get there pretty early. all the spots seemed to be taken by like 8am. I went to the Second Cup coffee shop right by the consulate and killed some time.

Security guard let me in around 9am, fifteen minutes before my scheduled interview. had to go through security and store my car keys in a secure locker. 

waited around 1h to be called for the first time where I was asked for:

- my birth certificate

- my mariage certificate

- my police certificate

- my wife's tax return 

- a passport photo of myself 

and my passport, of course.

approx 20 minutes later, I was called for the second time for the interview where I was asked:

- my wife's name 

- where and when we met

- if I visited any countries in the past five years (other than the U.S.)

- if this was my first mariage (yes)

- if I had children (I don't)

and that was it. the interview itself lasted approx 2 minutes. the officer then told me he would be approving my visa and I would receive it within about 2 weeks. status shows 'refused' currently but I understand this is standard procedure. 

all in all, the interview is a very easy process if you are prepared with the right documents, and the staff at the consulate is very friendly. 

Just curious, when were you DQ'ed? I was DQ'ed June 21 and am anxiously awaiting my interview to be scheduled.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ConsistentCut said:

Just curious, when were you DQ'ed? I was DQ'ed June 21 and am anxiously awaiting my interview to be scheduled.

I was DQ'd April 14, and got my interview date somewhere in June for August 4th. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.