Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Mmk2112 said:

Got mine as well. Interview date Sept 12 ... time to schedule medical

Medicals fill up fast, so get one soon. Biggest challenge for us for the medical was proving past vaccines. She got a blood test to prove 2 of them and the one she couldn't prove (TDAP), she got at her personal doctor before the medical exam. 

3 hours ago, Luna858 said:

Just got my interview date as well, finally!!! DQ May 21, Interview Sept 9, 2022

great congrats 

1 hour ago, kryptonite said:

Is the approximate time to receive an interview letter 2 months? I got DQ'd June 29th - wondering when approximately I could expect an IL. How do you check your status from this point on? The CEAC website just says my documents were accepted. 

yes about 1.5 - 2 months

3 hours ago, QCCT said:

Congrats to all! Nothing here… beyond upset. 
Coming up on 3 years of being DQ’ed… 

that's sad to hear. Hope it works out for you soon

Timeline

I am trying to follow step 1 (see below) on the "U.S Consulate General Montreal, Canada - MTL" page here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html#pre_interview_checklist 

Step 1: Register your interview appointment online with our free courier service before attending the visa interview

When I click on the "register" hyperlink the page does not open for me. Is this problem occurring for anyone else? I tried calling the Montreal consulate but seems they are not accepting phone inquiries anymore

20 hours ago, Luna858 said:

I am trying to follow step 1 (see below) on the "U.S Consulate General Montreal, Canada - MTL" page here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html#pre_interview_checklist 

Step 1: Register your interview appointment online with our free courier service before attending the visa interview

When I click on the "register" hyperlink the page does not open for me. Is this problem occurring for anyone else? I tried calling the Montreal consulate but seems they are not accepting phone inquiries anymore

Click on this link

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/iv_services

Timeline

Anybody had an experience with an accepted documents but have Case Document Review note

The U.S. Consulate in Montreal requires that non-Canadian citizens submit proof of eligibility to have their visa interview in Canada. Please submit one of the following: Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas, or work visas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/26/2022 at 9:33 AM, Mmk2112 said:

Can anyone please help. 

As a Canadian citizen I can reside in USA for 6 months and i'm living with my wife here in US. If ideally my interview got cleared by visa officer can i pick my passport and packet (same day or next day ) instead of them mailing it ? Anyone has any knowledge ?

Can you please fill out your timeline?  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=421923

You will interview at the Consulate, they will take your passport and complete additional background checks before issuing your visa and returning your passport.  There is always the possibility of being issued a 221g or the dreaded DS-5535.  So no, you will not be able to pick up your passport on the same day.  It's also why people who are going through consular processing are instructed not to book travel or make plans to move until after they have received their passport back from the Consulate. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

59 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Can you please fill out your timeline?  https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=421923

You will interview at the Consulate, they will take your passport and complete additional background checks before issuing your visa and returning your passport.  There is always the possibility of being issued a 221g or the dreaded DS-5535.  So no, you will not be able to pick up your passport on the same day.  It's also why people who are going through consular processing are instructed not to book travel or make plans to move until after they have received their passport back from the Consulate. 

yes true but i'm going for best case scenario to pick up next day. Possibility is low but lets see what happens.. SEE EXCEPTION part

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 12.07.24 PM.png

Timeline
On 7/25/2022 at 11:13 AM, ToddD said:

Medicals fill up fast, so get one soon. Biggest challenge for us for the medical was proving past vaccines. She got a blood test to prove 2 of them and the one she couldn't prove (TDAP), she got at her personal doctor before the medical exam. 

Where did you do your medical? I got mine from Dr. Lyndon in Toronto and they did not ask for proof of vaccinations except for COVID. 

Timeline
On 7/26/2022 at 9:33 AM, Mmk2112 said:

Can anyone please help. 

As a Canadian citizen I can reside in USA for 6 months and i'm living with my wife here in US. If ideally my interview got cleared by visa officer can i pick my passport and packet (same day or next day ) instead of them mailing it ? Anyone has any knowledge ?

You cannot be living with your wife in the US pre visa, do you have a different visa to allow you to live in the US? . You are visiting, do not confuse the two, not likely to happen at this point but using the wrong words can cause all sorts of trouble. 

They stopped same day or even pick up long ago. That exception is not for visitors, you do not live in the US, unless you have some sort of visa you did not tell us about. Such as a work visa. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
2 hours ago, SamuelR said:

Where did you do your medical? I got mine from Dr. Lyndon in Toronto and they did not ask for proof of vaccinations except for COVID. 

Did you give them anything at all to show your vaccine history? If not you may want to contact them as without the vaccines they tend to not release the medical. THis could be a big mix up. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.