Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi folks,

Can anyone enlighten me on the courier registration service?

I've created an account as instructed but it is asking me to schedule an appointment, while my appointment has already been scheduled by the Montreal Consulate. Have I done something wrong? 

image.jpeg.b0f7a8e2aa2940ba14197b88bd4b490a.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SamuelR said:

Hi folks,

Can anyone enlighten me on the courier registration service?

I've created an account as instructed but it is asking me to schedule an appointment, while my appointment has already been scheduled by the Montreal Consulate. Have I done something wrong? 

image.jpeg.b0f7a8e2aa2940ba14197b88bd4b490a.jpeg

And just to be sure, those who received an appointment date for a CR1 visa from the Montreal consulate should select the first option, correct? 

image.thumb.jpeg.2f1f80124b5cc24a53dcf58c1e2b38a9.jpeg

Edited by SamuelR

Timeline
3 hours ago, SamuelR said:

And just to be sure, those who received an appointment date for a CR1 visa from the Montreal consulate should select the first option, correct? 

Refer to the FAQ which can be found in @Hawk Riders and @mam521’s signature (only visible when using a PC, not visible when using mobile device).

Timeline
3 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Refer to the FAQ which can be found in @Hawk Riders and @mam521’s signature (only visible when using a PC, not visible when using mobile device).

Thanks, that answers my second question but I'm left with the "Schedule Appointment" status

Timeline
3 hours ago, SamuelR said:

Most of us received the interview letter from NVC, NOT consulate. NVC scheduled the interview, not MTL consulate.

We did not have to schedule the appointment, we had to only register it.

If you also received your interview letter from NVC, then follow the directions in the FAQ, and you should be fine. 

I do not understand what you mean by “schedule interview status.” Maybe if you could elaborate where you are seeing that, people can help.

If you were not scheduled by NVC, then that is new to us, and the FAQ may not cover the directions for you. You will find contact details on the website you have screenshotted in your posts. You are advised to contact them for directions.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
5 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Most of us received the interview letter from NVC, NOT consulate. NVC scheduled the interview, not MTL consulate.

We did not have to schedule the appointment, we had to only register it.

If you also received your interview letter from NVC, then follow the directions in the FAQ, and you should be fine. 

I do not understand what you mean by “schedule interview status.” Maybe if you could elaborate where you are seeing that, people can help.

If you were not scheduled by NVC, then that is new to us, and the FAQ may not cover the directions for you. You will find contact details on the website you have screenshotted in your posts. You are advised to contact them for directions.

Maybe this has to do with the fact that the consulate scheduled my interview, not the NVC because it was expedited by the Montreal consulate (although the delays were the same), because I cannot seem to register my interview on the website. When I created my account and followed the steps on the FAQ, it just led to a page (see first screenshot) which asked me to "schedule my interview" (no spots available). So I can't seem to register my interview on the website, my only option is to "schedule it". 

Timeline
5 hours ago, SamuelR said:

Maybe this has to do with the fact that the consulate scheduled my interview, not the NVC because it was expedited by the Montreal consulate (although the delays were the same), because I cannot seem to register my interview on the website. When I created my account and followed the steps on the FAQ, it just led to a page (see first screenshot) which asked me to "schedule my interview" (no spots available). So I can't seem to register my interview on the website, my only option is to "schedule it". 

Thanks for the description. I don't remember seeing a "schedule appointment" status. Your theory that it may be because you were scheduled by Montreal and not NVC makes sense.

Our interview letters came from the NVC. We had to select “I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site,” and then, “I need to register an immigrant visa appointment” 

Did your letter direct you to I suggest you call the number on the website where you are trying to register the appointment and ask what you should be doing in your situation.

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 9.32.21 AM.jpg

Is anyone else having issues registering for the courier service?   I click on the Register link and nothing happens.  I try and open the address in a new window and it keeps bringing me back to the same page?  Any ideas?   

When I first got my interview letter it worked but couldn't find me and told me to wait up to 5 days, now this.....   agh 

NVC3.PNG

Timeline
13 hours ago, Dpaget21 said:

Is anyone else having issues registering for the courier service?   I click on the Register link and nothing happens.  I try and open the address in a new window and it keeps bringing me back to the same page?  Any ideas?   

When I first got my interview letter it worked but couldn't find me and told me to wait up to 5 days, now this.....   agh 

NVC3.PNG

I noticed this too, and it appears to be a glitch.

Click on this link:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/iv_services

1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I noticed this too, and it appears to be a glitch.

Click on this link:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/iv_services

That is awesome thanks for that

Timeline

How do those who have been expedited at NVC get their ILs and typically how long are they sent out?

I had a conditional expedite approved that after DQ they would expedite my case to post.   I got DQ last Friday, and this Wednesday they sent my case to post and it shows IN TRANSIT.  How does one get their interview date/time ? By mail or email since it won't be coming from NVC?

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline

I just got a new passport with my married last time. I have already been DQ with my old passport with my maiden name. Should I upload this on my ceac ? Or should I just bring the new one to the interview?

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
26 minutes ago, ClemsonC said:

I just got a new passport with my married last time. I have already been DQ with my old passport with my maiden name. Should I upload this on my ceac ? Or should I just bring the new one to the interview?

You will get your IL via email. You print that off as confirmation. I also got a new passport in new married name, so I uploaded it to CEAC after I received my interview letter and I will take old one and new one with me to interview. I registered for courier online using my old name (same as DS260), and will let the CO update my DS260 at interview to reflect my name change. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

You will get your IL via email. You print that off as confirmation. I also got a new passport in new married name, so I uploaded it to CEAC after I received my interview letter and I will take old one and new one with me to interview. I registered for courier online using my old name (same as DS260), and will let the CO update my DS260 at interview to reflect my name change. 

Thank you. I wasn’t sure how different the process was between nvc and the consulate scheduling it. I appreciate your quick reply!!

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
49 minutes ago, ClemsonC said:

Do both.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.