Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Just now, Hawk Riders said:

This is confusing. MTL has not had DCF as an option in recent history. Perhaps this is related to your lack of IL...

I'm still learning my way through this but as mentioned earlier on when I first came to this thread, we filed directly to MTL through the following exceptional circumstance:

• Short notice of position relocation: A U.S. Citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, who receives a job relocation within the same company or subsidiary to the United States, or an offer of a new job in the United States with very little notice.

Not sure how this effects my timeline in comparison to everyone else, but my CEAC status tracker has said "Ready" since acknowledging our DS-260 and putting us in queue Nov.12th. We might just be taking longer so that the consulate can get caught up in other ways. Could be other reasons as well, but all I can do is speculate. 🤷‍♀️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, affy said:

I'm still learning my way through this but as mentioned earlier on when I first came to this thread, we filed directly to MTL through the following exceptional circumstance:

• Short notice of position relocation: A U.S. Citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, who receives a job relocation within the same company or subsidiary to the United States, or an offer of a new job in the United States with very little notice.

Not sure how this effects my timeline in comparison to everyone else, but my CEAC status tracker has said "Ready" since acknowledging our DS-260 and putting us in queue Nov.12th. We might just be taking longer so that the consulate can get caught up in other ways. Could be other reasons as well, but all I can do is speculate. 🤷‍♀️

DCF through Canada is so rare I'm sure neither the NVC nor Montreal know how to handle it properly. However, it shouldn't affect your timeline post I-130 because the rest of the process is the same so if you should have received an IL and haven't, I'd keep following up with them.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
14 hours ago, randy1randerson said:

I know the police cert had been valid for 2 years as the Montreal Consulate was working a long backlog - but now the website indicates 12 months.

Mine will be cutting it close to 12 months, so I'm getting a new one.

I don’t think they have reverted to 12 months. There has always been this discrepancy on DoS website.

This page says the validity is 2 years:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

This page says the validity is 1 year:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html#pre_interview_checklist

I have brought it to both DoS and Montreal consulate’s attention, and they have not bothered to correct it. They both have emailed me back confirming it doesn’t expire for 2 years.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

I think my VJ search skills have atrophied, as I struggled to find a recent thread on this topic, so I am hoping someone is kind enough to weigh in on this. I also checked on FAQ document, but it does not seem to have a screenshot of the correct police certificate.

Although, my Canadian police certificate is withing two-year period, but since it is beyond one year period, I am looking to renew it. Can someone please confirm the below one (which is the one I submitted to NVC and got accepted), is the correct format to get? I don't mind getting another version as well if there is still any confusion at the consulate and if they are asking for/accepting more than one version?

Thank you!

image.png.d3445f749fc5feb6b69172dd87795323.png

Edited by darth vader

Timeline

Holy smokes so much great information in here and so much positivity! Quick question for anyone with experience, our I-130 went into active review on Saturday in Nebraska. (We're very excited to have the first step moving) I've seen people say that Nebraska can take only a couple of days to like 8 months+ does anyone have experience there?

Also once it is approved and onto the NVC do I need any additional documentation besides the basics that I fill in. Police check, tax forms or anything like that? I want to have everything ready so we don't get delayed.

Thanks a million everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, K.D.C said:

Holy smokes so much great information in here and so much positivity! Quick question for anyone with experience, our I-130 went into active review on Saturday in Nebraska. (We're very excited to have the first step moving) I've seen people say that Nebraska can take only a couple of days to like 8 months+ does anyone have experience there?

Also once it is approved and onto the NVC do I need any additional documentation besides the basics that I fill in. Police check, tax forms or anything like that? I want to have everything ready so we don't get delayed.

Thanks a million everyone!

All of USCIS is backed up at the moment, so if you look at a lot of people's cases, it's likely gonna be about that 8 month mark.  Some go faster, some go slower and don't panic if they transfer your case to another service center.  

Start a spreadsheet - you'll need to know all the addresses the beneficiary has lived at since 16 years old when you fill out the DS-260.  This was a pain in the butt for me because I moved a lot!  Add a tab to that while you're at it and track all of your travel in/out of the US.  It will be needed in future for naturalization as well. 

Welcome to the (gong) show!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mam521 said:

All of USCIS is backed up at the moment, so if you look at a lot of people's cases, it's likely gonna be about that 8 month mark.  Some go faster, some go slower and don't panic if they transfer your case to another service center.  

Start a spreadsheet - you'll need to know all the addresses the beneficiary has lived at since 16 years old when you fill out the DS-260.  This was a pain in the butt for me because I moved a lot!  Add a tab to that while you're at it and track all of your travel in/out of the US.  It will be needed in future for naturalization as well. 

Welcome to the (gong) show!

Oh man that's going to take me a hot minute to figure out too. Thank you so much!

Timeline
18 hours ago, darth vader said:

I think my VJ search skills have atrophied, as I struggled to find a recent thread on this topic, so I am hoping someone is kind enough to weigh in on this. I also checked on FAQ document, but it does not seem to have a screenshot of the correct police certificate.

Although, my Canadian police certificate is withing two-year period, but since it is beyond one year period, I am looking to renew it. Can someone please confirm the below one (which is the one I submitted to NVC and got accepted), is the correct format to get? I don't mind getting another version as well if there is still any confusion at the consulate and if they are asking for/accepting more than one version?

Thank you!

image.png.d3445f749fc5feb6b69172dd87795323.png

That is the correct one.

If you're getting it renewed, this website has the most up to date information they're looking for: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html 

Timeline

Picked up my passport today! Tracking received Mar 4... I was not expecting canada post to deliver this quick lol.

For anyone wondering (because it took me by surprise), you only get back your passport with the visa now, no additional documents to take to the POE. Everything is electronic at the border.

On 3/4/2022 at 12:29 PM, DamAk said:

My visa is issued!!! OMG finally!!!

Got the tracking number today, exactly 6 weeks after my interview!!

Here's my timeline incase it helps anyone

Jan 21: Interview (refused under 221g for pending medical)

Jan 27: Medical received by consulate, update on CEAC

Feb 4: Update on CEAC, still refused (they responded to my email inquiry, I think that's why it was updated)

Feb 28: Got a positive-sounding response from consulate after another inquiry, saying "we are looking into your case"

Mar 3: Issued - AP

Mar 4: Issued - FP (got tracking number in email)

My timeline is so similar to yours (my interview and medical received were the exact same dates!) so I just wanted to ask what the difference was in your ‘Issued AP vs. Issued FP’. Is it just the text in the CEAC box under the Issued Status?

My status was finally updated yesterday (March 7) to issued. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Sghen said:

My timeline is so similar to yours (my interview and medical received were the exact same dates!) so I just wanted to ask what the difference was in your ‘Issued AP vs. Issued FP’. Is it just the text in the CEAC box under the Issued Status?

My status was finally updated yesterday (March 7) to issued. 

Congratulations!!

Idk what exactly happens in AP, but i think that's when they do some final checks and stamp your passport with the visa lol.

Issued FP is final processing when they prepare your passport to be sent out and send you the tracking number.

Timeline

Hi all!

I tried searching as much as I can, but I couldn’t find anything related. Apologies if this has been asked an answered before. 

I just went through Customs pre-clearance at Toronto Pearson (YYZ) as our POE, activating my newly received IR-1 Visa. I entered with my husband, the petitioner. 

I told the CBP officer that I was officially entering the US for the first time on my immigrant visa. I was not asked any questions. They took a picture using their webcam, stamped the passport on the same page as the visa, and let us through. No secondary screening, no questions, nothing. 

I’m kinda concerned that they didn’t actually activate the visa, if that’s even a possibility? I don’t know. The entire process walking into the airport to  getting to our gate took 17 minutes.  

How can I make sure everything’s good and we’ll receive the green card and SSN in the mail?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.