Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ashtim said:

If anyone from Canada enters usa and Activate their visa . And then travel abroad . Can they enter Canada afterwards being a PR ( all PR requirements are full filled and citizenship is in process ) for moving the belongings later . 

Kindly fill up/complete your timeline https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=404378

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline

So  I called NVC on friday that I was DQ on Nov 19th, and people who were DQ in Dec and even in Jan already have received IL. She said, everyone's case is different and you are not skipped. You will be contact when its your turn, don't overthink it. So frustrating. Apparently it is what it is.

Edited by MiloPinkman

Timeline
7 hours ago, shocksandaunyx said:

Will a copy of the DS-260 be required at interview? What form needs to be updated if employment information changes between doc qual and interview? And what evidence will need to be given of this employment change at the interview?

I carried a copy of the DS-260 I submitted with updates (changes since the submission) marked up in red. I meant to tell the CO during the interview, as I was advised by NVC and the consulate that the DS-260 must be up to date as of the time of your interview. However, when I brought it up to the CO, they didn’t care about it. Said “don’t worry about that.” (He had already told me I was approved at that point). I recommend to do what I did to be on the safe side.

If employment information of the petitioner changes they need to update the i864 form and submit it on CEAC. Also all accompanying documents (W2s, tax transcripts etc). Carry the wet ink signed i864 with you at the interview if possible. Best to also carry offer letter, a letter from company saying the petitioner works there and holding what salary, and recent pay slips. I did this, but it wasn’t asked. The upload on CEAC was sufficient, but others have been known to be asked.

If beneficiary’s job has changed, that would be an update on DS-260, as explained in my first paragraph above. No evidence is required, but I still carried my offer letter and my pay slips.

My strategy was to carry anything and everything they could possibly ask for, knowing the exact requirements, but still over preparing. Remember, if any document they need is missing at the time of interview it can translate to additional wait times of up to 4-6 months. You don’t want that. Over prepare with documentation and organise them for quick access incase you are asked.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
4 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

So  I called NVC on friday that I was DQ on Nov 19th, and people who were DQ in Dec and even in Jan already have received IL. She said, everyone's case is different and you are not skipped. You will be contact when its your turn, don't overthink it. So frustrating. Apparently it is what it is.

This absolutely sucks! I may be wrong, but I don’t believe them. When you are DQ’d you are told you are put in queue, so how is any case different from others. They are simply in queue for interview…

I think they are just covering themselves, and not admitting fault. 

I really feel for you, but I do think that you will be allotted the first available slot next round, because you brought their mistake to their attention.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

9 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I carried a copy of the DS-260 I submitted with updates (changes since the submission) marked up in red. I meant to tell the CO during the interview, as I was advised by NVC and the consulate that the DS-260 must be up to date as of the time of your interview. However, when I brought it up to the CO, they didn’t care about it. Said “don’t worry about that.” (He had already told me I was approved at that point). I recommend to do what I did to be on the safe side.

If employment information of the petitioner changes they need to update the i864 form and submit it on CEAC. Also all accompanying documents (W2s, tax transcripts etc). Carry the wet ink signed i864 with you at the interview if possible. Best to also carry offer letter, a letter from company saying the petitioner works there and holding what salary, and recent pay slips. I did this, but it wasn’t asked. The upload on CEAC was sufficient, but others have been known to be asked.

If beneficiary’s job has changed, that would be an update on DS-260, as explained in my first paragraph above. No evidence is required, but I still carried my offer letter and my pay slips.

My strategy was to carry anything and everything they could possibly ask for, knowing the exact requirements, but still over preparing. Remember, if any document they need is missing at the time of interview it can translate to additional wait times of up to 4-6 months. You don’t want that. Over prepare with documentation and organise them for quick access incase you are asked.

Thank you!

Timeline
13 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

If I'm not mistaken, NVC subcontracts for the phone line and first line of emailing. These guys seem to have limited knowledge of how the process works, and seem to get instructed to simply politely tell applicants to wait it out.

Some of my civil documents were refused by NVC, although I swear I submitted the right stuff. I called their phone line, and the person couldn't tell me what was wrong with the docs - he just told me to reupload and wait three months for them to be reviewed again.

I asked for it to be escalated to a supervisor, I was told I'd get a call back in six weeks (! better than three months I guess), but never got a call back.

I wrote in at the same time using the NVC inquiry tool to know why my docs were rejected and if they could expedite review - i was just told that my docs would be reviewed soon. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

All that to say, I wouldn't count on calling NVC for pertinent information.

Edited by randy1randerson

18 hours ago, MiloPinkman said:

Totally feel for you - we were DQ'd on Nov 12th 2021 and were also completely skipped over. We contacted our congresswoman and she got in contact with MTL. Essentially the answers were no different than if we has spoken to them ourselves; "wait your turn, it will happen when it happens." I totally 100000% feel you, and I'm hoping that we're recognized in the March letters. Sending you really positive thoughts! Let's hope we're next!

15 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Quick question(s) to get some clarity on the above! I am the beneficiary and both my address (I have a lease that I can bring with me) and job (changed to freelance full time, wonder how that will be treated/how to notate) have changed since we submitted the DS-260 last year. My husband (petitioner) has remained the same on all fronts. Should I go into CEAC portal and update both details in DS-260 and print off (with redline notation) for my interview? 

Timeline
9 hours ago, affy said:

Quick question(s) to get some clarity on the above! I am the beneficiary and both my address (I have a lease that I can bring with me) and job (changed to freelance full time, wonder how that will be treated/how to notate) have changed since we submitted the DS-260 last year. My husband (petitioner) has remained the same on all fronts. Should I go into CEAC portal and update both details in DS-260 and print off (with redline notation) for my interview? 

I don’t think you can update the DS-260 online. What I did is print the form I submitted and marked it up in red with the updates. The CO who interviewed me didn’t care about the changes though… but best to let them know just incase.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Hi all,

when did everyone receive their SSN? How long after you crossed did you get yours? 

I crossed on Feb 12, looks like the card was printed on Feb 15, and I got it in the post on Feb 22.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I crossed on Feb 12, looks like the card was printed on Feb 15, and I got it in the post on Feb 22.

Where do you check the status?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Where do you check the status?

As far as I know there isn’t any way to check status. You could try calling SSN office, but I would wait for the 2 week mark after you have crossed.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.