Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know if IR1 cases are current? I was DQ'd on Jan 4/2022. When approximately do you think i would get my Interview Letter? Once you get the IL, how far out are the interviews as of late?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, TSmith said:

Does anyone know if IR1 cases are current? I was DQ'd on Jan 4/2022. When approximately do you think i would get my Interview Letter? Once you get the IL, how far out are the interviews as of late?

It looks like they have sent interview letters for DQ's in Oct/Nov for February.  You should likely get an interview in March or April if they continue at the same pace at the consulate.

You will have 3-7 weeks from the time you get the IL to your interview.  I had 6 weeks

Timeline
29 minutes ago, TSmith said:

I think it’s about 3-4 months from DQ date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, TSmith said:

Please fill out your timeline.  From there, you can request Hawk Riders to add you to the spreadsheet (link in my profile).  Please also take a look at the FAQ's that are also linked. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Hey guys,

interview is on Monday and something completely slipped my mind until now. 

I obtained my police certificate on January 12th 2021…..my interview is January 24th 2022. 

Over the one year mark… 

will this be a problem? 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Hey guys,

interview is on Monday and something completely slipped my mind until now. 

I obtained my police certificate on January 12th 2021…..my interview is January 24th 2022. 

Over the one year mark… 

will this be a problem? 

image.png.23ba80eed667a56d9a45e4818b1ff789.png

No worries. Police Certificate is still valid for 2 years.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

I think it's more creepy that 12+12 = 24...like add 12 months to the original date.  On top of that, it's 2021+ that one year for 2022.  (yes, I'm a dork).  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
54 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

image.png.23ba80eed667a56d9a45e4818b1ff789.png

No worries. Police Certificate is still valid for 2 years.

Oh thanks!! What a relief. I thought I read somewhere it’s 1 year.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Oh thanks!! What a relief. I thought I read somewhere it’s 1 year.

It was also mentioned on the FAQ that can be seen from the signature of @Hawk Riders

image.png.7cdbf3c8a7d0bfc9ea1eeaff093ae277.png

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
3 hours ago, TSmith said:

I was DQ'd on Jan 4/2022. 

here is the link where we would appreciate you completing your timeline https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=410986

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Timeline

Just had my interview. It was at 7:45am, I got there at 7:30 and waited in the line outside till about 7:50-7:55. Overall, I was there for 2.5 hours.

Once upstairs, I was called to the first window where they asked for my passport, marriage certificate, police certificate and birth certificate. The lady confirmed some general information for both me and my husband (name, date of birth, Canadian/US address and phone #s). She then asked about my name change since I applied with my maiden name at the NVC stage (using my old passport), but had gotten a new one in my married name in the meantime, so I showed her both passports. She asked if I had any documents to prove the legal name change, I told her I didn't have any document like that since I didn't go to a court to get the name changed, instead just assumed my husband's last name. I went to Service Ontario to get the name changed on my driver's license and health card initially, which were then used for the name change on my passport. (If you have a similar situation to mine, I would recommend taking any documents you get from Service Ontario). I don't know if she was satisfied with my answer but didn't press on about it any further. She also asked me about my mom's last name, I told her both my mom's maiden and married last name, and she that began using her married name by the time I was born. She asked for any documents that mentioned her last name because it was not written on my birth certificate (Indian BC). Thankfully, I had my "school leaving record" from my elementary school in India which had both my parent's full names. After that, she asked for a copy of my husband's passport/birth certificate and the Form 1040 and W2 for 2020. At the end, she told me they haven't received the medical reports yet so it's very likely I won't get approved until they get it. Gave me a pamphlet for domestic abuse and told me to wait until I get called to the second window. 

At the second window, the lady asked me about my husband (I told her his name and date of birth), how we met, how long I was in the states for during my studies, what I studied, what field I want to go into, which states I had in mind once I got accepted in my field (I was in med school so these were specific questions based around my education/career). She then proceeded to ask when I came to Canada, how old I was, what my husband does, any children, previous divorces, some more straightforward yes/no questions. Then came to my medical, and basically said the same thing as the first lady. She gave me the 221(g) form and told me everything else was pretty straightforward but didn't mention if I was going to be approved or not, depends on my medical reports. They kept my documents and passport and was told after the medical, it'll take around 2-3 weeks to process everything. 

Pretty bummed out, since I was not expecting this long of a turnaround time for medical results. So I came back and called Dr. Zakzman's office to see if there are any updates and apparently this week, they were receiving the results from the tests that were done during the last week of December. Anyone else that was/is sitting in "refused" status due to a pending medical, please keep us updated.

Edited by DamAk

Timeline

I had my interview this morning @ 9:15.  Was concerned that my medical wouldn't arrive but it had and was also concerned about a previous visa I had but didn't seem to be an issue (she did ask briefly about it). I was told it was approved and I should get my passport back within 3 weeks.  This site has provided great advice and information and I hope everyone who has interviews upcoming get good news, and the people who are still waiting for approvals get them soon!  Total time in the consulate was about 1.5 hours.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, DamAk said:

Just had my interview. It was at 7:45am, I got there at 7:30 and waited in the line outside till about 7:50-7:55. Overall, I was there for 2.5 hours.

Once upstairs, I was called to the first window where they asked for my passport, marriage certificate, police certificate and birth certificate. The lady confirmed some general information for both me and my husband (name, date of birth, Canadian/US address and phone #s). She then asked about my name change since I applied with my maiden name at the NVC stage (using my old passport), but had gotten a new one in my married name in the meantime, so I showed her both passports. She asked if I had any documents to prove the legal name change, I told her I didn't have any document like that since I didn't go to a court to get the name changed, instead just assumed my husband's last name. I went to Service Ontario to get the name changed on my driver's license and health card initially, which were then used for the name change on my passport. (If you have a similar situation to mine, I would recommend taking any documents you get from Service Ontario). I don't know if she was satisfied with my answer but didn't press on about it any further. She also asked me about my mom's last name, I told her both my mom's maiden and married last name, and she that began using her married name by the time I was born. She asked for any documents that mentioned her last name because it was not written on my birth certificate (Indian BC). Thankfully, I had my "school leaving record" from my elementary school in India which had both my parent's full names. After that, she asked for a copy of my husband's passport/birth certificate and the Form 1040 and W2 for 2020. At the end, she told me they haven't received the medical reports yet so it's very likely I won't get approved until they get it. Gave me a pamphlet for domestic abuse and told me to wait until I get called to the second window. 

At the second window, the lady asked me about my husband (I told her his name and date of birth), how we met, how long I was in the states for during my studies, what I studied, what field I want to go into, which states I had in mind once I got accepted in my field (I was in med school so these were specific questions based around my education/career). She then proceeded to ask when I came to Canada, how old I was, what my husband does, any children, previous divorces, some more straightforward yes/no questions. Then came to my medical, and basically said the same thing as the first lady. She gave me the 221(g) form and told me everything else was pretty straightforward but didn't mention if I was going to be approved or not, depends on my medical reports. They kept my documents and passport and was told after the medical, it'll take around 2-3 weeks to process everything. 

Pretty bummed out, since I was not expecting this long of a turnaround time for medical results. So I came back and called Dr. Zakzman's office to see if there are any updates and apparently this week, they were receiving the results from the tests that were done during the last week of December. Anyone else that was/is sitting in "refused" status due to a pending medical, please keep us updated.

Hi! Im glad she at least told you how long they will take after getting the Medical 😊

Mine was Dec 30th, I emailed them and they still haven’t gotten  my results from Public Health Ontario. Still no news from the Doc today after 20 days .

Moving in March I guess😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.