Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interviewed this morning & approved!

The whole process took about 1.5 hours

Appointment @ 9:45, arrived at 9:35

Lots of people in line outside, a group of people ahead brought backpacks and large bags *do not bring backpacks/large bags* - the security guard was not very happy about this and will not watch your things 

I got called to enter the building close to 1000, went through the metal detector, only had to lock up my phone - I was able to bring a binder, reading book, wallet and passport holder 

I was told to go up to first floor, and check in @ counter 6

She asked for my passport & 2 passport photos 

I went back to sit & wait

Called up at 1015 to give my birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate, husband and joint sponsor’s 2020 taxes 

- I was asked: is your spouse the sponsor? if this was the first time I’ve applied and my husband has applied?

- my husband did not have a copy of his 2020 taxes, I handed my joint sponsor’s 1040 & 1120-S - the lady asked if I had a W2, I did not 

Then I was finger printed and asked to wait

11:10 I was called for my interview 

- took an oath that I was telling the truth

- who is the petitioner?

- how did you two meet?

- where does he live?

- what does he do for a living?

- what do you do for a living?

- do you have children?

Then we spent last couple minutes chatting about California and how my husband & I are expecting our first child. He was lovely to chat with.

He said I was approved, how to track my passport and it could take up to 4 weeks due to the holidays, maybe faster but no promises!

Out of the building by 11:15!

Make sure you bundle up! It’s very cold waiting outside.

22 hours ago, vanrntocalirn said:

Interviewed this morning & approved!

The whole process took about 1.5 hours

Appointment @ 9:45, arrived at 9:35

Lots of people in line outside, a group of people ahead brought backpacks and large bags *do not bring backpacks/large bags* - the security guard was not very happy about this and will not watch your things 

I got called to enter the building close to 1000, went through the metal detector, only had to lock up my phone - I was able to bring a binder, reading book, wallet and passport holder 

I was told to go up to first floor, and check in @ counter 6

She asked for my passport & 2 passport photos 

I went back to sit & wait

Called up at 1015 to give my birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate, husband and joint sponsor’s 2020 taxes 

- I was asked: is your spouse the sponsor? if this was the first time I’ve applied and my husband has applied?

- my husband did not have a copy of his 2020 taxes, I handed my joint sponsor’s 1040 & 1120-S - the lady asked if I had a W2, I did not 

Then I was finger printed and asked to wait

11:10 I was called for my interview 

- took an oath that I was telling the truth

- who is the petitioner?

- how did you two meet?

- where does he live?

- what does he do for a living?

- what do you do for a living?

- do you have children?

Then we spent last couple minutes chatting about California and how my husband & I are expecting our first child. He was lovely to chat with.

He said I was approved, how to track my passport and it could take up to 4 weeks due to the holidays, maybe faster but no promises!

Out of the building by 11:15!

Make sure you bundle up! It’s very cold waiting outside.

Congrats @vanrntocalirn!!! I was also approved but shows I’m still in issued-ap, let me know if that changes for you to issued-fp today! 🙏🏻

6 minutes ago, katcat29 said:

They called me to let me know that apparently my fingerprints that they took at the interview didn't save in their system and they needed me to come back to Montreal to redo the fingerprints!!!!!!! I was shocked but also relieved that it was just the fingerprints and nothing else. Coincidentally, my husband got a phone call from the senator's office the same day I got a call from the consulate saying they got word from the consulate saying they had a technical error -___- . In my opinion, the coincidence is too high that the same week the senator's office reached out to them, was the week I got movement in my case. If it was a technical error, why didn't they catch it when I emailed them? To me this was highly negligible on the Montreal Consulate.

Wow, that's a first but I'm not surprised. I wonder how long they would've forgot about your case if you didn't get your Senator involved... very strange. I'm relieved for you though! Hope everything else goes a lot smoothly here on out! :D 

17 minutes ago, Danii said:

Wow, that's a first but I'm not surprised. I wonder how long they would've forgot about your case if you didn't get your Senator involved... very strange. I'm relieved for you though! Hope everything else goes a lot smoothly here on out! :D 

Exactly. My initial thoughts about my case being forgotten basically came true. I truly believe in getting the external help!!! Thank you :) I hope you see your case get resolved soon!

Timeline

I had my interview today and the officer told me that he's approving my visa and my passport should arrive in 2-3 weeks. So happy hearing those golden words. My wife travelled with me and she just wouldn't stop crying. After 2 years and 1 month finally we are approved. Thanks a lot to everyone whole helped in this forum. I can't be thankful enough. And my best wishes for all who have their interviews coming up. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Justwai8ting said:

Congrats @vanrntocalirn!!! I was also approved but shows I’m still in issued-ap, let me know if that changes for you to issued-fp today! 🙏🏻

Hi! My application just says issued 

I don’t seem to see issued-ap or issued-fp anywhere 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Justwai8ting said:

Oh actually! I see the little blurb underneath it says “your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 5 working days ….” Is that what you mean by issued-fp?

I don’t see a tracking # tho

Edited by vanrntocalirn

2 minutes ago, vanrntocalirn said:

Oh actually! I see the little blurb underneath it says “your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 5 working days ….” Is that what you mean by issued-fp?

I don’t see a tracking # tho

Yes!!!! Sorry for being so vague haha, my ceac also changed to final processing as well! I don’t think we get a tracking until tomorrow that is the pattern I’ve been seeing

Timeline
Just now, Justwai8ting said:

Yes!!!! Sorry for being so vague haha, my ceac also changed to final processing as well! I don’t think we get a tracking until tomorrow that is the pattern I’ve been seeing

I hope we both get it before the Christmas holidays! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.