Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, mam521 said:

Yeah. So now all I can do is wait haha. My exam was written in Ontario and is valid for Florida licensure. They already verified my credentials too. Wish I could just have the actual social number haha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, rainbow-skies said:

Yeah. So now all I can do is wait haha. My exam was written in Ontario and is valid for Florida licensure. They already verified my credentials too. Wish I could just have the actual social number haha.

It's always something, isn't it?!  

I sincerely hope it shows up soon!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Just had my interview, probably heard like 4-6 refusals, some for no reason, others because they didn't have proper documentation. I also got hit with a refusal but need to be asked "supplement questions". I pressed the interviewer if something was wrong with my case/documents, to which she said no everything is perfect and you didn't do anything wrong, just some people get randomly selected (lol @ me being a brown, visibly muslim woman in engineering 🤪). Sucks, she was gonna give me my passport back but I said I don't want any further delays so keep it so I don't have to send it to you. 

Edited by Danii

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Danii said:

Just had my interview, probably heard like 4-6 refusals, some for no reason, others because they didn't have proper documentation. I also got hit with a refusal but need to be asked "supplement questions". I pressed the interviewer if something was wrong with my case/documents, to which she said no everything is perfect and you didn't do anything wrong, just some people get randomly selected (lol @ me being a brown, Muslim women in engineering 🤪). Sucks, she was gonna give me my passport back but I said I don't want any further delays so keep it so I don't have to send it to you. 

This is worrisome. Why are so many people being refused for no reason. Despite such a long wait, it doesn't seem fair. Hope you get approved soon. All the best. 

Edited by alphabetagamma
missed content

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Danii said:

I also got hit with a refusal but need to be asked "supplement questions."

DS-5535?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
On 11/5/2021 at 8:12 PM, CanadianJeff said:

Much to my surprise, today my status has change from Rejected to Issued AP!

Please remember to update your timeline with your approval!

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Timeline
On 11/4/2021 at 8:30 AM, jercanuck said:

After that the interviewer said "I will approve your visa, here is the paper to track your passport delivery back to you."  

Congrats; please complete your timeline on this site here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=403980

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

27 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Please remember to update your timeline with your approval!

Will do! If I understand correctly, there isn't anything for me to update until I get the visa in hand. "Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received" seems to be the next slot available. My status says Issued but the text box below still says "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks."

I'm hesitant to accept that as a true final approval just yet. Hopefully that will change quickly like most others have, but given how long things have been taken since my interview I won't make any assumptions.

Timeline
1 hour ago, alphabetagamma said:

This is worrisome. Why are so many people being refused for no reason. Despite such a long wait, it doesn't seem fair. Hope you get approved soon. All the best. 

55 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

DS-5535?

At the rate we're going, we're going to have to add a page to the FAQ's for the 5535.  I know there is a lot of information that needs to be gathered...might be worth it so people waiting for the dreaded form to arrive can begin preparations.  Unfortunately, I cannot provide any experience on what it asks because I was not "gifted" it.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Danii said:

They only told me that it will be supplemental questions, I guess that means DS5535. It'll be sent by email.

Yeah unfortunately that's the DS-5535... :(

22 minutes ago, Canths said:

For those who have received their passports back - how long does it typically take to go from 'Issues in AP' to 'Issued in Final processing'/passport tracking number?

I am currently in 'Issued in AP' as of Nov 4th, and trying to plan the move back based on when i will potentially receive the tracking number.

It seems like it typically has moved quickly for other people. This is a screenshot from a different user's post that interviewed Oct 6. For them it went from Issued AP to Issued Final in less than a day. That said, there are always variations in the timelines so it's hard to be certain. Given that you had your interview last week and are already seeing Issued AP I'd expect to see your "Issued Final" status very soon (i.e. early this week). 

Unknown.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.