2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 hours ago, vawachicago said:

Very odd part about NBC is that my lawyer had 20+ Family Based I-485 application filed after 09/2020 and all of them already had an interview at USCIS Chicago office.

Looks like VAWA I-485 cases at NBC are not following that pattern if we assume that my case was transferred to NBC back in Jun/July of 2020.

I know this is crazy, I wonder though, just hope it’s not any problem, let’s keep our finger cross🤞🏼   
If it transferred to NBC it would update in the system and we would see that.

I just hope everything is just fine.

27 minutes ago, JuliaNE said:

Happy happy new year. 
it has been a happy new year indeed . God, I am so happy. I just got an update on my case. New card is being produced. 
vawa 360 filed May 2019. 
c31 May 2019. 
new card being produced. 01/07/2022

now how long do I wait for my card? 

Don't really understand. 

So you filed for vawa on May 2019 and Got approved for C31 the same May 2019?

On 12/16/2021 at 12:54 AM, Demise said:

2. There's two options. The usual one is a C09 EAD due to a pending I-485. Alternatively you can check a box on the I-360 and they will issue you a C31 EAD upon I-360 approval. The first option is faster and takes about 6-8 months these days. If you already have a C09 EAD and you transfer I-485 to the I-360 that EAD will remain valid and you can keep renewing it.

I see applicants renew their EADs. Is it same number carries forward or they get new number every time?

On 12/18/2021 at 11:52 AM, Blaze54 said:

2. Yes I meant file before you get the denial letter.  If you file before the denial, You should be able to send a letter of Abeyance based on pending i-360 to Uscis and this will put a hold on  the denial of I-485, and then you can continue to use your work permit and renew.

I think it makes sense to send one letter to avoid big trouble as well as expenses. Whats the process/Forms to do that?

On 12/18/2021 at 12:06 PM, perseverance_ said:

4. Also, I started taking medication for my ptsd and depression about a month ago, and recently got my psych eval done. My first therapy session was this Friday. All this is being done through my state govt. program and I don't know how detailed their reports would be. Do you have any insight as to how I should coordinate with my therapist regarding this and what kind of psych reports I will need?

What i saw here, your report should be written professionally which from state dept i doubt it

1 hour ago, Gogetter18 said:

Hello All,

Finally, GC in hand, starting new job soon which pays twice what I was earning, can I get a thank you Jesus for the Lord? Thank you Jesus!!! I love you Lord. Never fight a child of God, one whose hands are clean and a pure heart, cos you will ALWAYS lose that fight.

Praying for all who are still waiting on approvals that this beautiful month of January 2022 brings you all your greatest hearts desires in Jesus mighty name, amen!!

Thank you Jesus, the almighty God!

10 minutes ago, JuliaNE said:

No that’s not what it portrays. You are not reading it right. 
vawa and c31 filed May 2019. 
card being produced January 2022

May I please asked you. 

Did you filed any I-485?

With card is on production?

C31 card  or green card?

Thanks for your answer. 

My case if it can help anyone waiting too. 

i-360  filed in May 2019

C31 filed May 2019. 
No RFE 

I sent in whatever I got every time without them asking. 
Had 5 PF 

Card being produced 01/07/2022. 

Used PF for school. Depends on the school. 

Don’t know how long it will take for me to get it. 

6 minutes ago, JuliaNE said:

I haven’t filled for I -485 yet. My lawyer had advised I wait for vawa to be approved. C31

Congratulations!👏👏👏

Do not hesitate to file along with your I-485, the I-765 (under C09 category) along with the form I-131. 

So, you will receive a combo card while waiting for your case to process.

43 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Congratulations!👏👏👏

Do not hesitate to file along with your I-485, the I-765 (under C09 category) along with the form I-131. 

So, you will receive a combo card while waiting for your case to process.

Thank you. I’ll do that 

41 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Man, Wednesday's joke is certainly effective! :P 

It is. Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.