2,964 posts in this topic

anyone tried to submit an inquiry regardless of the processing time provided on the USCIS website?

it’s almost impossible to just keep waiting to inquire according to their processing time if the time just keeps going up and they keep delaying. Our lives and safety literally depend on this approval. The time processing started with only 16 to 20 months and now it’s up to 30 months which is just painful and depressing.

Edited by Mubja

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jennah22 said:

Good luck I’m so happy for you,👍🙏🙏🙏I’m here still waiting for my interview, I’m a 2017 filer, my vawa approve in 2020 February.

Can you please share your time line. 
when did you file?
How was the interview and what question they asked? 
congrats

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jennah22 said:

Hey the timeline is on the pic I posted. And the interview was very awkward lol 😆 they ask so much weird questions and personal stuff and if I had kids and how many. The lady didn't look happy either. Lol 😆 so I was nervous. But she then asked from questions 14 and up on the i485 application.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day everyone, how can I look up public record of Vawa application to see the bases of how Vawa cases are approved and denied? Thanks 

51 minutes ago, NB West said:

Good day everyone, how can I look up public record of Vawa application to see the bases of how Vawa cases are approved and denied? Thanks 

You can read appeal decisions from the AAO office on USCIS.gov.  Just go to the 'A to Z' topics, and its right at the top under AAO.  You can search on non-precedent AAO decisions based on form/case type.

https://www.uscis.gov/administrative-appeals/aao-decisions/aao-non-precedent-decisions?uri_1=16&items_per_page=10

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, NB West said:

VAWA cases are not public record.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 1/3/2022 at 10:08 PM, nebula88 said:

Hello, family

First of all, happy new year!! I’ve been a silent reader for years and this forum has been keeping me sane and hopeful, so thank you all for that 🤍

I got married to a US Citizen in 2017, I’ve submitted my I-485 in October 2017 but my marriage ended before our interview. I went to the interview and asked for my I-485 to be held in abeyance, which they did. 

I’ve applied for VAWA in March 2019 and my I-360 was finally approved in August 2021. This week they transferred my I-485 from NBC to Vermont for “faster processing” but from what I’ve been reading here, it’s usually the opposite. Does anyone know why they transferred it to Vermont? Is it still gonna be sent to a local office after that? (I’m in Brooklyn, NY)

How long do you guys think it’ll take for them to schedule my interview? I’ve been waiting since 2017 and can’t wait for this whole process to be over.

Hi to All. 

I'm just confused about this post. 

Till today we do not have any answer about this fact. 

I-485  being transferred from NBC to Vermont again after approval for faster processing. 

We all know its usually the opposite. From Vermont to NBC. then from NBC to local office for adjudication. 

Is it that uscis is now, because of to much backlog allowing Vermont to adjudicate some relating vawa I-485 application ?

@Demise @sandranj or other experimented on this forum, your insights please. 

Edited by Rhema1

2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

VAWA cases are not public record.

Did you go to the link?   The appeal decisions absolutely are public record.  .   Identities are kept to initials, but there is a lot one can discern about  the process used to evaluate cases, which is what the person I responded to was asking about.

Timeline
8 hours ago, AA.Bailey said:

Hey the timeline is on the pic I posted. And the interview was very awkward lol 😆 they ask so much weird questions and personal stuff and if I had kids and how many. The lady didn't look happy either. Lol 😆 so I was nervous. But she then asked from questions 14 and up on the i485 application.

Aww ok well that’s what actually happen some time, but hey you are good to go now congrats and be safe.

Thanks for the update.

Timeline
8 hours ago, AA.Bailey said:

Did your went by your self of with your attorney?

2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Did you go to the link?   The appeal decisions absolutely are public record.  .   Identities are kept to initials, but there is a lot one can discern about  the process used to evaluate cases, which is what the person I responded to was asking about.

Do Vawa files become a public record at some point of our lives?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.