2,964 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hey guys, i received a NOID last week that I'm working on. But today i just received a prima facie (4th one). It looks like this prima facie determination means nothing. How can they issue a PF when my application is deniable ? Strange

You can get prims facie because your case is also approvable as you have done nothing wrong until you failed to satisfy the officer. No offense yet. Be positive and address all what you have to do and zero your mind. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
11 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

What should I expect next?

It sounds as though all will be well.  If they want further information from you, they'll contact you.  If the interviewer was satisfied, it seems most likely that she needed to get a supervisor to sign off on the approval.  Keep the faith.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline
12 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

Hello, I had the same notice. It means that when your I360 approved you are eligible to get your C31  automatically. That's why they mailed you your work permit. They deny your I-765 because you already have a work permit and you do not need another one. You are perfectly fine.

That’s what I thought. Thank you for the information. 

17 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Fam!!!

So I just had my I485 interview this morning at NYC Federal Plaza and went by myself. It wasn’t that bad but it left me puzzled!

The interview itself only took 5-10 mins but the waiting time was 1 hour. 

The lady officer was nice and very professional.

Here are all the questions she asked me:

1. Do you have your passport? (I gave her my recent passport but she was looking for my old one when I first entered the US, didn’t have it with me, so I apologized for not bringing it)

2. Where is your husband?

3. When was the last time you saw him?

4. What are your old addresses together?

5. How long did you live in your address? (I might have messed this up because i can’t remember honestly since it was in 2017, but i gave her dates, just not sure if it was right) 

6. What was his old address?

7. What’s his mom’s name?

8. How did u meet?

9. Do you have any more proof that your marriage is legitimate? ( I said no more but I brought our marriage cert, she said it’s okay she has a copy)

10. What’s your current marital status? (Still married but i showed her my divorce papers that I just filed and it’s still on process ) 

11. Do you have your medical? (Handed her my medical) 

12. When was your last entry in the US? (Answered her and she asked if I have my recent I94)

She then proceed to the Yes and No questions. 

The only documents she asked from me was my passport, state ID, medical and I94. I thought she was going to ask for my old EAD/AP cards but she didn’t even ask for it then she told me that this interview is over and handed me Notice of Interview Results and if there’s anything they would mail me for updates. And That’s how my interview went. She didn’t say if it was approved or not. 

Was I supposed to bring more proof of bonafide marriage? I wasn’t even prepared for that.  

Is it possible for them to schedule me for another interview or RFE since I didn’t bring my old passport and more proof of bonafide marriage?

Congratulations! finally, you can have a good night sleep, good luck in your journey!

Filed: Other Timeline
21 hours ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Fam!!!

So I just had my I485 interview this morning at NYC Federal Plaza and went by myself. It wasn’t that bad but it left me puzzled!

The interview itself only took 5-10 mins but the waiting time was 1 hour. 

The lady officer was nice and very professional.

Here are all the questions she asked me:

1. Do you have your passport? (I gave her my recent passport but she was looking for my old one when I first entered the US, didn’t have it with me, so I apologized for not bringing it)

2. Where is your husband?

3. When was the last time you saw him?

4. What are your old addresses together?

5. How long did you live in your address? (I might have messed this up because i can’t remember honestly since it was in 2017, but i gave her dates, just not sure if it was right) 

6. What was his old address?

7. What’s his mom’s name?

8. How did u meet?

9. Do you have any more proof that your marriage is legitimate? ( I said no more but I brought our marriage cert, she said it’s okay she has a copy)

10. What’s your current marital status? (Still married but i showed her my divorce papers that I just filed and it’s still on process ) 

11. Do you have your medical? (Handed her my medical) 

12. When was your last entry in the US? (Answered her and she asked if I have my recent I94)

She then proceed to the Yes and No questions. 

The only documents she asked from me was my passport, state ID, medical and I94. I thought she was going to ask for my old EAD/AP cards but she didn’t even ask for it then she told me that this interview is over and handed me Notice of Interview Results and if there’s anything they would mail me for updates. And That’s how my interview went. She didn’t say if it was approved or not. 

Was I supposed to bring more proof of bonafide marriage? I wasn’t even prepared for that.  

Is it possible for them to schedule me for another interview or RFE since I didn’t bring my old passport and more proof of bonafide marriage?

Wow... Is the first time I see uscis ask questions about marriage after vawa is approved.

21 hours ago, marcoisland777 said:

Thanks for sharing all the info, hope you get the gc soon!

what are the yes and no questions? how many of them are?

Thank you! I think she asked 3 of them. If i was convicted of a crime, if im involved with trafficking, if I’m a member of any group against the government. 

10 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

It sounds as though all will be well.  If they want further information from you, they'll contact you.  If the interviewer was satisfied, it seems most likely that she needed to get a supervisor to sign off on the approval.  Keep the faith.

Thank you so much for all the help (and the jokes)!!! ☺️

13 minutes ago, Zzz___1 said:

Hi everyone,

how long does it take for 485 to transfer to NBC, once Vawa is approved (on average)? Mine has finally been approved after “new card being produced” status.

thanks! 

If you don’t mind me asking . How long it took your case to get updated from card is being produced to case is approved ?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hey guys, i received a NOID last week that I'm working on. But today i just received a prima facie (4th one). It looks like this prima facie determination means nothing. How can they issue a PF when my application is deniable ? Strange

I have always said PF has nothing to do with approval or denial.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zzz___1 said:

Hi everyone,

how long does it take for 485 to transfer to NBC, once Vawa is approved (on average)? Mine has finally been approved after “new card being produced” status.

thanks! 

That is a good question, I have no clue to how long it takes Vermont to send a file.  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Fathada said:

@sandranj @Demise pls I have a question. I have a sharia court divorce certificate from my previous marriage. I hope USCIS accepts that?

It depends upon your country 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.