Mike E

DHS Secretary Mayorkas orders ICE to de prioritize apprehension and removal noncitizens who are not a threat to national security, public safety, and border security

20 posts in this topic

This is as it was before the trump administration.  ICE, like every other government agency, has limited resources and limited personnel.  It is better that they dedicate their time pursuing criminals and persons that pose danger to the American  people, and people who have recently arrived (so, no open borders).

This measure will give ICE and CBP a more efficient purpose as they now have a clear objective.

Going after ALL undocumented persons in the USA is impossible and wasteful.  The US gains nothing by deporting people who have been here working (and paying taxes) for many years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Also today Biden reinstates Trumps Remain in Mexico policy

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 months later...
On 12/2/2021 at 11:20 AM, Boiler said:

Also today Biden reinstates Trumps Remain in Mexico policy

Off-topic, and just coming in here to say Boiler, congrats on the food/beer baby 😂.  I hope I'll still remember to stay woke though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Stay Woke?

Always!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/3/2021 at 12:55 PM, JeanneAdil said:

I went thru a long drawn out process to do all legal so illegals really upset me 

but glad i don't have to come up with a solution

1,  I can see as the site says that sending 11,000,000 out is one of the biggest problems as expensive 

2. and what is to be done with the US born children of these illegals who have citizenship and could stay behind if parents were sent out?  Welfare ?

like i say , "glad its not my problem "  

but nothing that has been done or is planned  is going to stop them from trying to get here 

I was discussing this with the wife the other night who is from Mexico and came here with me on the CR-1.  She believes that children born here from parents that are not from here shouldn't be able to have American citizen kids for being born here.  It has actually happened in her extended family since we live by the border that family members with tourist visas come here, have the baby and then go back to Mexico to live.  While living in Mexico some take advantage of WIC, AHCCCS (arizona state medicaid), food stamps you name it.  All they have to do is use the address of a family member in Arizona that is a citizen.   For example; if two visitors to the US have a baby here the baby can only be a visitor.  If the two parents are permanent residents then the kids can only be residents.  If both are undocumented then the baby is also considered undocumented.  This was all from her viewpoint based on the abuse she has seen from extended family in Mexico. 

I also share this viewpoint that the baby can only be a citizen if one or more of the parents is a citizen.  

However I do agree that we should pull more of our limited resources to go after and deport violent/dangerous criminals that are illegal here versus trying to find the dude that does landscaping from dusk to dawn that keeps his nose clean.   I feel that no matter what approach is taken they are going to keep coming over from the Northern Triangle of Central America, parts of South America and certain regions of Mexico.  Some of it has to do with when they see their relatives that live in the states driving around in an escalade, carrying around an iphone, wearing name brand clothing.  They look at that and think, "That could be me man!"  What they don't realize is we mostly live on fools gold (credit cards).  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.