aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Just received the newest approval estimate for the end of September... the last one was the beginning of August, this doesn't feel right, hopefully it's just one time change and actually it will be July as many of us predict.

1 hour ago, aerodnight said:

Just received the newest approval estimate for the end of September... the last one was the beginning of August, this doesn't feel right, hopefully it's just one time change and actually it will be July as many of us predict.

Mine said the same. I dont believe the estimates anymore. I feel like it will be July 

6 hours ago, aerodnight said:

Mine is stuck on the beginning of August (3-23) for some time now. I guess the next step for me would also be September. I hope that we are all approved on July or sooner ☺️

Hi all - posting for the first time as I just received my approval notice from Potomac Service Center, and I know I would have been desperate to hear about potential timelines from other people. Clearly this is just my personal experience, and others may be less (or more) lucky.

For context I have been married to a US Citizen since 2015 and am applying from United Kingdom.

My dates below:

I130 Filing date: 4th September 2021
Receipt Notice: 4th September 2021

Active Review:13th January 2022

USCIS Approval: 25th June 2022

So ~9.5 months from filing to approval vs. the USCIS estimated timeline of 12 months for Potomac SC.

I will update once I have dates for NVC / interview / Visa granted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ukgreencardlad22 said:

Hi all - posting for the first time as I just received my approval notice from Potomac Service Center, and I know I would have been desperate to hear about potential timelines from other people. Clearly this is just my personal experience, and others may be less (or more) lucky.

For context I have been married to a US Citizen since 2015 and am applying from United Kingdom.

My dates below:

So ~9.5 months from filing to approval vs. the USCIS estimated timeline of 12 months for Potomac SC.

Congrats, that's amazing!! Thanks for sharing your experience moving forward. 

Gives me hope since we're also in a very similar situation and being processed via Potomac. 😀 

Can't wait for more good news soon! 

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

5 minutes ago, shytown said:

Congrats, that's amazing!! Thanks for sharing your experience moving forward. 

Gives me hope since we're also in a very similar situation and being processed via Potomac. 😀 

Can't wait for more good news soon! 

Thank-you, and you're welcome! I hope you receive a similar update soon :)

I was convinced we wouldn't hear anything until at least September due to the 12 month estimate, so it was a very welcome surprise to see the approval notice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, ukgreencardlad22 said:

My dates below:

Congrats! I have a question, did you receive the notification for the second actively being reviewed status? It's very common for people to get this second notification and later, the same or the next day see the approval notice under documents tab on USCIS site

14 minutes ago, aerodnight said:

Congrats! I have a question, did you receive the notification for the second actively being reviewed status? It's very common for people to get this second notification and later, the same or the next day see the approval notice under documents tab on USCIS site

Yes - I got a 2nd Active Review on 25th of June, checked the documents section and the approval notice was there.

Actually looking at my online account it now says "case approved" with a date of 27th June - despite receiving the approval notice on 25th of June.

Hope this is helpful.

2 hours ago, ukgreencardlad22 said:

Yes - I got a 2nd Active Review on 25th of June, checked the documents section and the approval notice was there.

Actually looking at my online account it now says "case approved" with a date of 27th June - despite receiving the approval notice on 25th of June.

Hope this is helpful.

Did you use the case tracker app to check your case or just kept checking by signing in every time?

3 hours ago, ukgreencardlad22 said:

Thank-you, and you're welcome! I hope you receive a similar update soon :)

I was convinced we wouldn't hear anything until at least September due to the 12 month estimate, so it was a very welcome surprise to see the approval notice.

Hi. Congratulations, I'm very happy for you, and thanks a lot for sharing your timeline. Regarding the 12 month estimate, it's for the whole process (including getting your visa), so the 9.5 months for the approval seems pretty logical.

On another note, I filed on Sep 12th, 8 days after you, so seeing your message here made me very happy. Thanks.

48 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Did you use the case tracker app to check your case or just kept checking by signing in every time?

I used the case tracker app - I found it easier than logging in to the website with the 2-factor authentication each time I needed to check status. Then once there was a status change, I checked on my USCIS account itself (that is where I actually found the approval document).

3 hours ago, ukgreencardlad22 said:

My dates below:

Congrats! Could you please fill out your actual VJ timeline as it contributes to site data/estimates etc. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, ukgreencardlad22 said:

I used the case tracker app - I found it easier than logging in to the website with the 2-factor authentication each time I needed to check status. Then once there was a status change, I checked on my USCIS account itself (that is where I actually found the approval document).

Okay I have that too and I literally check a few times a day to see if it’s updated.  (I try not to but im just ready for my approval so we can move forward) im at 301 days today since my NOA1 and im at the California service center so im thinking my approval should be coming in July. What’s your take on it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Okay I have that too and I literally check a few times a day to see if it’s updated.  (I try not to but im just ready for my approval so we can move forward) im at 301 days today since my NOA1 and im at the California service center so im thinking my approval should be coming in July. What’s your take on it?

I've been following July 2021 and August 2021 filers threads. There were many people getting their approvals around the 300 day mark, but it seems like most got it a couple weeks after the 300 day mark. That was just my vague impression, though. It's interesting to read them and subscribe to any updates there. 

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

1 hour ago, Ctavarez90 said:

I've been tracking all CSC cases based off of the timeline page on my own Excel sheet (since they don't always appear on the CSC processing times page - not sure why) and the average processing time for approvals in March, April, May & June is 295 days. There are obviously some outliers but yes, I think it'll come in early July. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.