EandS2019

I-751 September 2021 Filers

1,189 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

I am so anxious about the silence here. Any approvals anyone?

It has been quiet, but that's to be expected given the slowness and backlogs. It will happen!

As long as you have the extension letter, I 751 is not considered a priority. There are other applications which require all of USCIS's resources.

Your life is the same as having the 10y GC.  All that you can do with the 10y GC you can do with the 2y expired one+ the extension letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Buboo said:

As long as you have the extension letter, I 751 is not considered a priority. There are other applications which require all of USCIS's resources.

Your life is the same as having the 10y GC.  All that you can do with the 10y GC you can do with the 2y expired one+ the extension letter.

I beg to differ, I’m an international event planner and many countries do no accept an expired green card as a visa waiver/exception.  Making my job more stressful, difficult, and also losing lots of work thus affecting my income opportunities. I have calculated at least low six figures of lost income. 

In several states people have issues while applying for loans, mortgages and even IDs if their green cards are expired. 

There is absolutely no reason or excuse why this situation cannot be fixed. 

I keep asking myself to be patient but is running low. 

33 minutes ago, Buboo said:

That gives me comfort. I may be traveling internationally multiple times due to work and personal reasons. Hence, my anxiety. Thank you for your insight!

2 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

I beg to differ, I’m an international event planner and many countries do no accept an expired green card as a visa waiver/exception.  Making my job more stressful, difficult, and also losing lots of work thus affecting my income opportunities. I have calculated at least low six figures of lost income. 

In several states people have issues while applying for loans, mortgages and even IDs if their green cards are expired. 

There is absolutely no reason or excuse why this situation cannot be fixed. 

I keep asking myself to be patient but is running low. 

There are many reasons... but i prefer USCIS to issues Gc s and other important documents , despite the fact that i am also waiting for my ROC. And of course  to adjudicate my ROC as soon as possible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Buboo said:

There are other applications which require all of USCIS's resources.

I understand your point and painfully have to agree with it, but with an expired GC it can be difficult to start a new job, apply for a DL, mortgage, loan, open a bank account...There is zero reason to take this much time to adjudicate I-751s. We just need USCIS to do what they are supposed to do, which is actually work. The problem is that the USCIS backlog does not make it to the media because yes, there are other pressing issues going on and not everyone is married to a foreigner.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

22 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

I understand your point and painfully have to agree with it, but with an expired GC it can be difficult to start a new job, apply for a DL, mortgage, loan, open a bank account...There is zero reason to take this much time to adjudicate I-751s. We just need USCIS to do what they are supposed to do, which is actually work. The problem is that the USCIS backlog does not make it to the media because yes, there are other pressing issues going on and not everyone is married to a foreigner.

There is zero reason to take this much time to adjudicate I-751s---there are a few million reasons for the delay. About 9.5

I am a Feb 2022 filer and received an extension of 18 months on my original expired GC. I am MSC and can see MSC takes a long time.

Are there any of you September MSC filers still waiting for your interview? Have you had another letter extending your GC or are you still within your timeline?

Would really appreciate any responses! Thank you.

Edited by Apelcina

Timeline
9 hours ago, Apelcina said:

I am a Feb 2022 filer and received an extension of 18 months on my original expired GC. I am MSC and can see MSC takes a long time.

Are there any of you September MSC filers still waiting for your interview? Have you had another letter extending your GC or are you still within your timeline?

I think we're all still waiting, and hoping our interviews are waived. Our extension letters were for 24 months. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 hours ago, Apelcina said:

Join the thread for February filers 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

On 5/11/2022 at 6:25 PM, Apelcina said:

Your timeline says you are a Feb 2021 filer. You should have received your updated 24 month extension letter. I'm pretty sure we all received the 24 month extension letters with our original NOA 1 as Sept 21 filers.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Carpe Vinum said:

Your timeline says you are a Feb 2021 filer. You should have received your updated 24 month extension letter. I'm pretty sure we all received the 24 month extension letters with our original NOA 1 as Sept 21 filers.

Yes. We got our 24 month letters, and anyone before us who got 18 month extensions got those upgraded to 24 months.

1 minute ago, Joyoussinger said:

Yes. We got our 24 month letters, and anyone before us who got 18 month extensions got those upgraded to 24 months.

I love how our group is so helpful to others outside our timeline. Wishing for approvals and happy Friday everyone!!!!

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

I love how our group is so helpful to others outside our timeline. Wishing for approvals and happy Friday everyone!!!!

I love that, too! We're about helping each other, so why not! I second your wish and Happy Friday to you and everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.