LIBrty4all

Chase Bank Cancels Gen. Flynn’s Credit Cards, Perfect Time To Understand Where The Country Is Headed

16 posts in this topic

Timeline

Chase bank allegedly sent a letter to General Mike Flynn, a retired 3-star General, that they were canceling his credit card in a string of suspicious cancelations by US banks upon other President Donald J. Trump supporters.  An announcement was made by a friend of Flynn’s who often reports on the Flynn family activities.

https://djhjmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/download-37.jpg 

https://djhjmedia.com/kari/chase-bank-cancels-gen-flynns-credit-cards-perfect-time-to-understand-where-the-country-is-headed/

14 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

That is just scary. CDC issuing foreclosure moratoriums. Bank cards being canceled because you disagree with their opinions.  Military being monitored for opinions than run against the current woke opinions. Rudy Giuliani losing law license  because they disagree with his opinion on elections.  we are fast moving toward losing our constitunal rights. 

Not to mention the former POTUS banned from social media, but the Taliban is welcomed. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

That is just scary. CDC issuing foreclosure moratoriums. Bank cards being canceled because you disagree with their opinions.  Military being monitored for opinions than run against the current woke opinions. Rudy Giuliani losing law license  because they disagree with his opinion on elections.  we are fast moving toward losing our constitunal rights. 

Not to mention the former POTUS banned from social media, but the Taliban is welcomed. 

And the TSA mandating masks in airports.  And vax cards required to eat or shop.  Coming soon to a commie state near you!

vaxpass.jpg 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

constitunal

First thought in my mind was constipated tuna fish.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Chase is notorious for cancelling cards for reputational risk -- it's been an ongoing issue for years, and for people with far lower profiles than General Flynn. The problem is that generally card issuers can cancel your cards for whatever reason they feel like. I remember reading on one of those consumer credit forums years ago about a guy who had been charged with marijuana possession five years before, like an ounce or less. He was not convicted (might have been put into a diversion program or similar, but it was not a conviction), but Chase found out about the charge five years later and cancelled his card for "reputational risk." General Flynn may have been pardoned, but that means nothing to Chase -- they get to choose who they do business with. We have to accept that when it comes to dealing with financial institutions, it pays to shop around. Consumers are always at a disadvantage, and that includes Flynn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Chase is notorious for cancelling cards for reputational risk -- it's been an ongoing issue for years, and for people with far lower profiles than General Flynn. The problem is that generally card issuers can cancel your cards for whatever reason they feel like. I remember reading on one of those consumer credit forums years ago about a guy who had been charged with marijuana possession five years before, like an ounce or less. He was not convicted (might have been put into a diversion program or similar, but it was not a conviction), but Chase found out about the charge five years later and cancelled his card for "reputational risk." General Flynn may have been pardoned, but that means nothing to Chase -- they get to choose who they do business with. We have to accept that when it comes to dealing with financial institutions, it pays to shop around. Consumers are always at a disadvantage, and that includes Flynn.

Actually, the world would be a much nicer place if people did not use credit cards.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Actually, the world would be a much nicer place if people did not use credit cards.

I generally use them only for added purchase protection, or to take advantage of concierge services for travel. Also the free CDW coverage for car rental, that too. I then pay off the bill in total and have all of the benefits without the downsides of interest. It's just easier, I've found, to deal with chargebacks with a credit card than a debit card. 

Timeline

I use CCs as much as possible for the cash back rewards.  They are MUCH easier to deal with than checks or debit cards.

And as much as I would love to CXL my Chase card for this poppycock reason they are cancelling Flynn, it would hurt my 850 score if I did so.  So I guess I will continue to enjoy my 5% cash back in spite of how they are treating this poor guy.  But the day they try to cancel me.... all hell will break loose!

Timeline

We all realize that all these benefits the CC Companies hand out are not free right?  Now full disclosure, I use cards as well, but I will not attach a card to something like a NetFlix account or an internet account, or use it in a phone wallet.

5 hours ago, Dashinka said:

We all realize that all these benefits the CC Companies hand out are not free right?  Now full disclosure, I use cards as well, but I will not attach a card to something like a NetFlix account or an internet account, or use it in a phone wallet.

I pay an annual fee only where it's warranted, imo. When I was travelling a lot, my Amex Platinum gave me great benefits I actually used, like access to private lounges, monthly Uber credits, airline credits, etc. It paid for itself pretty quickly. I have it now mostly because I want to be able to take advantage of the benefits when I'm back out in the world more. For everyday stuff, I use ones that are no fee and I pay them off as they come in. I think the only Chase one I have now is the Amazon Prime card, which has 5% back on shopping at Amazon and at Whole Foods. That adds up quickly. But all of it basically comes back to the fact that when it comes to banking, the house always wins. 

8 hours ago, Dashinka said:

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

I pay an annual fee only where it's warranted, imo. When I was travelling a lot, my Amex Platinum gave me great benefits I actually used, like access to private lounges, monthly Uber credits, airline credits, etc. It paid for itself pretty quickly. I have it now mostly because I want to be able to take advantage of the benefits when I'm back out in the world more. For everyday stuff, I use ones that are no fee and I pay them off as they come in. I think the only Chase one I have now is the Amazon Prime card, which has 5% back on shopping at Amazon and at Whole Foods. That adds up quickly. But all of it basically comes back to the fact that when it comes to banking, the house always wins. 

Credit card companies make money off you even when you are paying no interest. Most people don't realize they charge merchants transaction fees and that is why they encourage people to use their card for as many transactions as possible with rewards. They aren't just giving you those rewards out of the goodness of their heart.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
15 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Credit card companies make money off you even when you are paying no interest. Most people don't realize they charge merchants transaction fees and that is why they encourage people to use their card for as many transactions as possible with rewards. They aren't just giving you those rewards out of the goodness of their heart.

Hence the $0.1/gallon increase for gasoline when using a credit card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, laylalex said:

I pay an annual fee only where it's warranted, imo. When I was travelling a lot, my Amex Platinum gave me great benefits I actually used, like access to private lounges, monthly Uber credits, airline credits, etc.

what, no free netflix?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!