Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, bkoz said:

Question for the group:

Since my DQ date is April 16, it seems probable that I'll get an interview letter in November for a December interview date. Currently in US with a TN, regretting not filing for AOS, but here we are.

The complication is that we're having our first child in a couple weeks (due 10/31) and I just don't think it makes sense for me to be away from a newborn baby and a recovering mom in order to do the physical exam and the interview, after which I would not be able to get back into the US until I get the passport back. So I think I have to strongly consider rescheduling the interview, if one falls to me next month.

How does rescheduling the interview work? Has anyone rescheduled their interview recently and how long would it take before the interview is rescheduled?

It could be months sadly no one really knows due to the backlogs. When you get ur letter you have to register then can ask for it to be moved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@bkoz Please see p5 of the FAQ re: rescheduling.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wondering if anyone who had their interview around the same time as me had gotten any status updates or tracking info yet? My interview was October 15 and my status still just says “ready!” With everyone getting their passports back so quickly lately I was hoping for mine to be quick too! 

30 minutes ago, MTLSINGHZ said:

Hey folks

visa approved today 

Appointment was for 8:15 am the security guy took me inside around 8:03 security check then took the elevator to 1st floor went to window 6 where they take you passport and 2 passport size pictures.......... after that waiting for number to show up on screen after the lady was very nice she asked for original civil documents inculding the 2020 taxes took one more picture from me then she returned all 3 of them as they say it’s electronic now..........

after that called to window 11 nice gentleman asked 

1:- who is petitioner

2 :- where we met

3 :- any previous marriages 

4 :- what do i and my spouse does for living 

5 :- adress i will be living in states 

then he says everything on the files look good .... started to type something on system returns me my original documents and says he plans to approve my visa 

I’m confused he didn’t gave me any letter of WELCOME TO UNITED STATES , is it normal and tells me my passport would be back within 3-4 weeks ( which is much faster than that ) 

Don’t worry a lot of people never got the letter :) 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, MTLSINGHZ said:

Hey folks

visa approved today 

Appointment was for 8:15 am the security guy took me inside around 8:03 security check then took the elevator to 1st floor went to window 6 where they take you passport and 2 passport size pictures.......... after that waiting for number to show up on screen after the lady was very nice she asked for original civil documents inculding the 2020 taxes took one more picture from me then she returned all 3 of them as they say it’s electronic now..........

after that called to window 11 nice gentleman asked 

1:- who is petitioner

2 :- where we met

3 :- any previous marriages 

4 :- what do i and my spouse does for living 

5 :- adress i will be living in states 

then he says everything on the files look good .... started to type something on system returns me my original documents and says he plans to approve my visa 

I’m confused he didn’t gave me any letter of WELCOME TO UNITED STATES , is it normal and tells me my passport would be back within 3-4 weeks ( which is much faster than that ) 

Congratulations!

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
21 minutes ago, yarnworld said:

Hi guys,

Is there any way to extend 6month period to go to the US after getting the green card approval?

Because of other matters to sort out in Canada, I won't be able to go to the US within 6 months.

Thank you for all your help.

Refer to @Hawk Riders recent posts on this and previous pages.

If you are yet to have your interview, it is advised to reschedule it to a later date once you get your letter.

Another update - we contacted the NVC again regarding the expedite request and the person we spoke to this time said it usually takes them 30 days to review the email requests. So now I'm even more anxious. 

While I've been stressing, I also realized I forgot to ask - has anyone here been a Naturalized US citizen petitioner? I'm wondering if there is any extra steps or documents that are needed to bring to the interview? I have misplaced my Naturalization certificate (obtained it as a teenager and moved a million times), however I assume if there was any issue it would have been raised before being DQ'd. 

Thanks!

Timeline
32 minutes ago, canuckchic said:

Another update - we contacted the NVC again regarding the expedite request and the person we spoke to this time said it usually takes them 30 days to review the email requests. So now I'm even more anxious. 

While I've been stressing, I also realized I forgot to ask - has anyone here been a Naturalized US citizen petitioner? I'm wondering if there is any extra steps or documents that are needed to bring to the interview? I have misplaced my Naturalization certificate (obtained it as a teenager and moved a million times), however I assume if there was any issue it would have been raised before being DQ'd. 

Thanks!

Did you email Montreal consulate? They usually review emails sooner than NVC - usually 3-4 working days. NVC has a much longer backlog and can take a month or more to respond to your email. I really think you will get your interview scheduled for the first week of November.

For naturalised citizens, can't say from experience, but I don't think it is any different than for US born citizens. As part of the i130 the petitioner needs to submit the proof of citizenship. For most people this is the birth certificate, but for US citizens not born in the US, it would be the naturalisation certificate or unexpired passport. Although it's not on  the checklist for the interview, I would just give the applicant a copy of whatever you submitted as proof of citizenship in the i130 to bring to the interview.

Not sure if you need the naturalisation certificate (probably not), but FYI you can obtain one by filing an N565.

29 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Did you email Montreal consulate? They usually review emails sooner than NVC - usually 3-4 working days. NVC has a much longer backlog and can take a month or more to respond to your email. I really think you will get your interview scheduled for the first week of November.

For naturalised citizens, can't say from experience, but I don't think it is any different than for US born citizens. As part of the i130 the petitioner needs to submit the proof of citizenship. For most people this is the birth certificate, but for US citizens not born in the US, it would be the naturalisation certificate or unexpired passport. Although it's not on  the checklist for the interview, I would just give the applicant a copy of whatever you submitted as proof of citizenship in the i130 to bring to the interview.

Not sure if you need the naturalisation certificate (probably not), but FYI you can obtain one by filing an N565.

We did indeed email the consulate directly. We did get an auto reply stating they do their best to review emails within 5 days, which is why it's weird the NVC rep said that. I'm staying hopeful! I suspect you're right about getting the interview in December, I'm just worried if someone our case got skipped never to be addressed again, but I assume with the consulate email - we shouldn't get "lost". I just wish there was a way to speak to someone directly at the Consulate. It's all so frustrating. 

Appreciate the info on the Naturalization stuff. I did see I can apply for another one, I just didn't want to spend more money on this already expensive process if I didn't have to. I will go ahead with the Passport and documents that have already been accepted and hope for the best!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

@canuckchic, I second to our friend @From_CAN_2_US. I am a naturalized citizen and indeed the Naturalization Certificate or Passport was only needed as a proof during the filing of application of I-130. But on the day of Interview of my wife (when that day comes to us), since I will accompany her and wait outside, I will let her bring my Naturalization certificate or may be just my Passport just for supporting document in case CO will ask, w/c most of our folks who'd done the interview were never been ask. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Had my CR1 turned IR1 visa interview this morning. Seemed to go well but they needed more proof of Domicile. It seemed that she was a new trainee and kept asking for clarification from her superior. She gave me a 221g for more proof of domicile. We sent a bunch of paperwork in a few hours later through the portal to overcome the domicile requirements (even though we thought they had all they needed from the NVC stage). I'm curious if anyone else had any 221g refusal experiences more recently (most of what I found was last year and early this year). She kept my passport and mentioned if I send them in quick I'd likely get the visa and passport in 2-4 weeks. Does that seem like a average wait time? 

Everything else looked to be approved and satisfactory for her, it was just domicile as my wife is currently living in Canada (dual citizen). Thanks for any feedback. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.