11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and I sent in our form I-751 in Dec. 2019 for a permanent green card. Our conditional Green card was extended for 18 months. That 18 months expires next month on Aug. 23. Today we received a letter requesting more evidence. Our new evidence must be submitted before October 18th. 

Some of the evidence we cannot supply, such as  evidence of children or leases.

I did not send them a copy of the marriage certificate with the  I-751 application because I had already sent them a copy earlier. Now they are requesting another copy. The IRA beneficiary form I sent was not dated.

I plan to send them what I can. I have 3 questions.

1) The green card 18 month extension will expire on Aug. 23. The submission deadline for the new evidence is Oct. 18. My wife will not have valid green card between Aug. 23 and Oct. 18 and while I am waiting for a response from USCIS?

2) What do they mean when they say" Include duplicate copies if you are requesting consular notification"?

3) They sent a tiny return envelope . There is no way I can use it to send the evidence. I will have a lot of papers and will require a large envelope.

I appreciate any advice while I work on gathering these documents for evidence. Thanks...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, wef said:

Why can’t you show leases?

1 hour ago, wef said:

1) The green card 18 month extension will expire on Aug. 23. The submission deadline for the new evidence is Oct. 18. My wife will not have valid green card between Aug. 23 and Oct. 18 and while I am waiting for a response from USCIS?

Call USCIS, say “info pass”, and request an appointment for an I-551 stamp on her passport.  

1 hour ago, wef said:

2) What do they mean when they say" Include duplicate copies if you are requesting consular notification"?

Since you are well past the consular phase (assuming there was one at all), you don’t need to provide duplicates. 

1 hour ago, wef said:

3) They sent a tiny return envelope . There is no way I can use it to send the evidence. I will have a lot of papers and will require a large envelope.

Tape the tiny envelope onto a bigger envelope.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, wef said:

1) The green card 18 month extension will expire on Aug. 23

Within 30 days of the expiration of the extension letter you can call USCIS and request an info pass appointment to go to your local USCIS field office to get an i551 stamp in the LPR's passport. Note, only proof of the LPR status expires, not the LPR status itself. As long as you have an i751 pending you remain in status with the right to work and remain in the USA. You only need the stamp for proof of status if you travel or get a new job or renew a drivers license.

Follow the instructions on the RFE and provide anything specifically requested if it applies to your case. Most likely they are looking for more proof of your bonafide marriage.

Like joint tax returns transcripts for each year of marriage (Download from IRS website)

Copies of state issued IDs or driver licenses with common address

W2 and 1099 docs from marriage (Show address and income)

Mail delivered to both of you at home address

Statements from joint accounts (checking savings credit card) for each month of marriage showing shared finances and commingling of money.

Affidavit from family friends, even your landlord that you and your spouse live together at your home and are married.

Joint bills (water, energy, phone, internet)

Joint insurance, health, home, auto, life.

Evidence of joint travel together

Fill in the gaps in time for months you did not provide evidence the first time and while you were waiting.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Timeline

I do not have a lease because I am a homeowner and no mortgage because I paid it off before meeting my wife. I will call my USCIS office and request the I551 stamp in her passport. 

Her passport is due to expire in December. 

I will provide as much evidence as I can dig up.

11 hours ago, wef said:

Hi @wef, on your cover letter, you can mention that you do not have any children. You can also mention that you own your home outright and that is why there aren't any leases you can provide. Do you have homeowner's insurance? Is your wife listed on your deed or on the homeowner's insurance? If she is listed on either one, you could include that as part of your evidence.

11 hours ago, wef said:

I did not send them a copy of the marriage certificate with the  I-751 application because I had already sent them a copy earlier. Now they are requesting another copy.

Yes, this one is a tricky one. We included a copy of the marriage certificate simply because everyone else seems to include it and those who do not, end up getting an RFE for it. Definitely include it. 

11 hours ago, wef said:

The IRA beneficiary form I sent was not dated.

You could request a letter from your bank stating how long your wife has been a beneficiary on your IRA. 

You could also include headers and footers under "print options". This will show the URL and the date that you printed it. 

I would make sure that you address everything they are requesting on the RFE. If you do not have X, then still address it and state why.

I would also take this RFE as an opportunity to show anything else that you may think of may help. They typically want to see evidence since the date of the marriage. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
3 hours ago, wef said:

I do not have a lease because I am a homeowner and no mortgage because I paid it off before meeting my wife. I will call my USCIS office and request the I551 stamp in her passport. 

You can requerst to have the i551 stamp on a i-94 document so you don't need to stamp a expiring passport. Bring passport photos with you to the Infopass appointment. 

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
6 hours ago, wef said:

I will provide as much evidence as I can dig up.

Can she renew her password? I believe if u have immigration stamps or visas your home country will return the old password and u can use it with conjunction with your new password to travel in to the US. If it is possible to renew the passport in a short time I would do that before getting the stamp in it to avoid carrying multiple passports.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
17 hours ago, wef said:

My wife and I sent in our form I-751 in Dec. 2019 for a permanent green card. Our conditional Green card was extended for 18 months. That 18 months expires next month on Aug. 23. Today we received a letter requesting more evidence. Our new evidence must be submitted before October 18th. 

I did not send them a copy of the marriage certificate with the  I-751 application because I had already sent them a copy earlier. Now they are requesting another copy. The IRA beneficiary form I sent was not dated.

I plan to send them what I can. I have 3 questions.

I appreciate any advice while I work on gathering these documents for evidence. Thanks...

Make sure you send everything they ask for. Even if it doesn't make sense. A.k.a marriage certificate. They should have a lot of things on file, but they are asking for more to catch you if u like falsified something and u send a different version and things. That is my reasoning. da95826

pointed out what you can send, and even if u dont' have shared phone plan, you can still use your separate ones showing the same address. Or like if the utilities are on your name since u r the owner of the house, maybe she still have something she pays for. e.g internet for the same address, shared netflix account etc. What they are concerned is that you live together and share things. (shared bank account, beneficiary on a will, being on your spouses medical coverage from work, beneficiary of 401k, HSA etc) If you don't have any of those you can't invent them now, but try to send in as much as u can and maybe also a letter explaining your circumstances and why don't you have shared things. (E.g she doesn't need to work, you have no mortgage etc)

Edited by ineedadisplayname

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We called USCIS and requested an Info Pass to get an appointment for an extension to her green card expiration. They would not make an appointment, but took her phone number and said they will call her phone to make an appointment. They will call sometime within 30 days. They will call her twice. If she does noot answer either time, then we have to call back and go through the procedure again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.